6.7

1. Dec 17, 2015
    Extremely disappointed with this game. I personally enjoyed NBA 2K15 helluva lot more.

MyCareer story by director Spike Lee is so poorly written, stereotypical and boring. So I'm caucasian, but I have black parents, a black twin and **** up accent that doesn't seem to fit a white person. Dull and awkard. However, the most annoying aspect of this game is definitely the shooting.

However, the most annoying aspect of this game is definitely the shooting. MyCareer player is maxed out at shooting, but I miss so many obvious and open 3 point attempts, mid-range shots and contact shots it' s unbearable. I strongly consider trading this game.

Also the VC (Virtual Coins) is a god damn cash cow - so messed up!

I really believed in 2K - now I'm not so sure...
  2. Nov 6, 2015
    gameplay is somewhat solid but the story in the create a superstar mode is horribly RACIST . dont make anything but a black character or you will be so removed from the story line it will be laughable. thanks spike lee for ruining the only good part of this franchise.
  3. Dec 20, 2015
    Game suffers from very poor community management and technical issues like online lag and cheaters. 2K cares only for your money, the potential is there, they forgot to focus on making it a great involved game. I guess having a monopoly makes you lazy and microtransactions make you greedy. It's the customer that pays the price.
  4. Dec 20, 2015
    This game has the worst community managers you will ever see in a game, along with online server issues lack of playable content, as the Park my career with Spike Lee with the worst story ever that allows you to make none of your decisions followed by the same repetitive boring BS My League, and especially my team are all trash. Especially my team, as they have resorted to the cash grabThis game has the worst community managers you will ever see in a game, along with online server issues lack of playable content, as the Park my career with Spike Lee with the worst story ever that allows you to make none of your decisions followed by the same repetitive boring BS My League, and especially my team are all trash. Especially my team, as they have resorted to the cash grab by releasing cards like diamond Luis Scola who are rated higher than HAKEEM OLAJUWON. Dont buy this game Expand
  5. Dec 20, 2015
    The community management and dynamic rating updaters/new card releasers doesn't give a **** about the community, especially on PC.
    In this game, you have a mode where you got to win 10 straight games to win one of the best players in the game.
    Because 2K didn't fix his game since 3 months, you can have your opponent dc, you'll lose the game and then you're done with this challenge. Nice job 2K.
    Actually they're adding trash and unknown Diamond players (highest rating in the game) that are better than some **** legends like Magic, Bird, Shaq or Jordan.
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU THINKING???

2K has no competition and their playerbase is just now a moneycow for them.
    The game is still pretty good, but i'll put them a 1 on metacritic because they have to LISTEN their community and stop the **** non sense bull****.
  6. Dec 20, 2015
    0-0 losses, 96 diamond players who suck, terrible community managers, false promises. Don't buy it. The game can be fun but it's run so damn poorly that it will frustrate you more than you'll enjoy it.
  7. Dec 19, 2015
    Do not buy this game, and if you do purchase it, please don't play myTeam. The issue starts with Ronnie2K and the development team has begun mocking the community. They flooded the myTeam game mode with 96 overall Luis Scola, Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, and many others after blatantly going back on their promises.
  8. Dec 20, 2015
    The gameplay itself is great, however this game's community managers do a very poor job communicating ideas to the developers. In the most recent updates they created players that are better than some of the the sports greatest legends, but in real life have absolutely no chance of even seeing their names on a hall of fame ballot. It's honestly so frustrating that it is difficult to putThe gameplay itself is great, however this game's community managers do a very poor job communicating ideas to the developers. In the most recent updates they created players that are better than some of the the sports greatest legends, but in real life have absolutely no chance of even seeing their names on a hall of fame ballot. It's honestly so frustrating that it is difficult to put into words. Expand
  9. Dec 20, 2015
    Game is trash and has several issues dating back to release date that 2k has simply not bothered to fix, such as 0 0 "2k trash server" losses, terrible input lag, issues with bouncing the ball off a players foot everytime you come close to someone and so on. to cap it all off, they have the WORST community managers ever and they have an absolute TRASH ultimate team mode where they provideGame is trash and has several issues dating back to release date that 2k has simply not bothered to fix, such as 0 0 "2k trash server" losses, terrible input lag, issues with bouncing the ball off a players foot everytime you come close to someone and so on. to cap it all off, they have the WORST community managers ever and they have an absolute TRASH ultimate team mode where they provide "Content" maybe once a week and usually the content is garbage, so recently they have resorted to releasing 96 overall Luis Scolas Ty Lawsons and theyre gonna drop a 97 overall Andre Miller sometime soon(OMFG)

Along with the my team issues, My career is repetitive garbage as the Spike Lee story lasts you 2 days at the most and after that its the same boring crap, My League is literally the same thing its been the past 3 years and Park is full of cheaters and LAG.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET PISSED OFF
  10. Dec 20, 2015
    Community managers are a joke and mock their community. The development teams and community team obviously don't work together. Online modes lack stability and the Offline modes can't even get things like jerseys, lineups etc. right. It's sad 2K has a hold on the market because any other developer would look at how the whole player base is complaining about lack of content, stability etcCommunity managers are a joke and mock their community. The development teams and community team obviously don't work together. Online modes lack stability and the Offline modes can't even get things like jerseys, lineups etc. right. It's sad 2K has a hold on the market because any other developer would look at how the whole player base is complaining about lack of content, stability etc and work towards fixing them, where as 2K and Take-Two are just robbing their loyal customers blind. Expand
  11. Jun 13, 2016
    This game is completely unplayable, I think it has something to do with the update servers, but don't expect to actually be able to play the game when you load it up, there will be an update which downloads painfully slowly. I am lucky that I didn't actually pay any money for this game (PS Plus) because if I did I would be furious.

I would like to review the actual gameplay of this

I would like to review the actual gameplay of this game, but I am not going to waste my life waiting for every 0.0001 MB to download.

Awful, just plain awful.
  12. Sep 26, 2015
    Way too many bugs. 2k servers are bad. Unbelievably nerfed player in the beginning - can't even do a decent mid range shot if timing is not perfect. Automatically reassigns a player to guard when you double team, then deducts coaching satisfaction for your initiative. Too sensitive with doing pick plays - although I have to admit I used to spam "set screen" to get higher coachWay too many bugs. 2k servers are bad. Unbelievably nerfed player in the beginning - can't even do a decent mid range shot if timing is not perfect. Automatically reassigns a player to guard when you double team, then deducts coaching satisfaction for your initiative. Too sensitive with doing pick plays - although I have to admit I used to spam "set screen" to get higher coach satisfaction, but right now illegal screening is called even if there isn't a problem. Cliche Spike Lee story line. Forces you to suck as a rookie - can't grind to become a better player quickly, which removes the real fun in an nba 2k franchise wherein you can do awesome layups and dunks soon. I mean, it's okay to suck at first, but forcing you to suck at first is really awful - unless you purchase points online.

Another "pay to upgrade" game. I'm a big fan of the nba 2k franchise, but this game just blows it.
  13. Oct 13, 2015
    They ruined my player mode by adding a mediocre movie to the experience. If you wanted to add a movie, that´s fine, as a separate game mode. To add insult to injury you have to replay the same(by this time awful movie) if you want to start a new carrer, even if you finished the luckluster mediocre un-intercative story already. Since my player was almost the only mode i played besides aThey ruined my player mode by adding a mediocre movie to the experience. If you wanted to add a movie, that´s fine, as a separate game mode. To add insult to injury you have to replay the same(by this time awful movie) if you want to start a new carrer, even if you finished the luckluster mediocre un-intercative story already. Since my player was almost the only mode i played besides a little mygm and online this is the last NBA 2k i'll buy unless they fix this. Going back to 2K15... Expand
  14. Feb 18, 2016
    Worst game ever. Whenever I try to pass, it always gets out of bounce. There are so many lags and the game is literally the worst game out there. Do not BUY.
  15. Sep 30, 2015
    How do I even start off with 2k16.

How do I even start off with 2k16.

CPU is more overpowered. the CPU is not dumbed down. The players make a lot more unrealistic shots in the game no matter much defense you put on them, they will break it. And it will be harder for you to keep up with them. Centers will make so many and ones now and they will hit every free throw. The CPU defense has more over powered defense, making your defense look stupid. The reaction time of your players will lag . Soon as the CPU runs down the court in a heartbeat and the players throw a full court pass to them, they will catch it and will hit the shot.

The cheese was never cut out this game and it's sad that 2K pays no attention to what happens in this game. It looks like the people who work for 2K took a huge blow to the head when making it. User A.I. works sometimes but it's still unstable. Your players will get stuck out of nowhere,and will be hard to move them. CPU makes a lot more threes than ever, unable to stop em.

MyCareer and MyPark are the worst game modes ever this year. NBA 2K14 MyCareer was a thousand times better than 2K15 and 2K16. I didn't mind the story mode the 2K16. It was actually good. But playing the games were disgusting. It wasn't worth the time or day for that. MyPark is still as trash as ever. No matter how high your ratings are, it won't matter.

If 2K finds their respect for the long-time NBA 2K fans out there, they have to patch everything that is a complete train wreck.
  16. Sep 26, 2015
    Why oh why did 2k think it was a good idea to have Spike Lee of all people direct the mycareer mode? The guys got far too big of an ego and is a hack. The story has bad acting and is stupidly predictable.

ALL the choice is gone from the mode. You want to make yourself in the game? Too bad your a black dude from the hood! You made a white character? Too bad you have a black family and a black BIOLOGICAL twin!

There's now 15 minute cut scenes about your team owners best friend and despite the entire cast being obnoxiously douchey and your main character making stupid decisions the whole time you have zero input in any of it. If I wanted to watch a bad movie I would have just rented a spike lee dvd! Luckily in your second season it goes more normal but you still get interviews about the story and still have a stupid nickname and your character has stupid reactions on court. I want to run back on defence after a dunk not sit there pretending I'm a DJ while the other team runs a fast break.

You also only get to play 8 games in your rookie year and can't check the standings, stats or anything you would expect to check in a game about playing basketball.

They've also removed some of the old control schemes so we are now forced to use the new one that feels like garbage, the game often locks up on a player standing on the court and randomly pointing for a few minutes and there's more unskippable broadcast stuff that bogs the games down too.

The other modes might be better but I usually only play the mycareer mode, why couldn't they have had the spike lee mode separate from the regular mycareer? How did 2k think this was a good idea?
  17. Sep 29, 2015
    This game doesn't deliver for me. It feels exactly like 15, and they even made the controls worse. There are tons of glitches that we don't even know will be patched including Demigod glitches. MyCareer just seemed like a low-rate movie to me. You don't make a lot of decisions, it's just a bunch of stupid cut-scenes to make it look like a new experience. The story is literally set to theThis game doesn't deliver for me. It feels exactly like 15, and they even made the controls worse. There are tons of glitches that we don't even know will be patched including Demigod glitches. MyCareer just seemed like a low-rate movie to me. You don't make a lot of decisions, it's just a bunch of stupid cut-scenes to make it look like a new experience. The story is literally set to the life of a black player. You have a black biological twin sister with BOTH BLACK PARENTS, meaning if you use a white player, (you'll have a black twin sister). You grow up in the projects, which is common for certain African Americans. You can add your voice to the game, but it just sounds awkward to me. It just seems like 2K is led to believe that they don't have any white fans. The face-scans are completely horrible. It's obvious that Chris Smoove lied about his face-scan saying that it was good. You could OBVIOUSLY see that it looked nothing like him. Live has better face-scans and you do it from your phone! The High School and College stuff only lasts for 4 games, so I don't even call that an addition. The only reason why I'm giving this a 2 is because even though it is a refurbished game, it is still a solid simulation basketball game, but it just gets boring after while. The servers are still crappy, so good luck with that. I've experienced my fair share of glitches, and I think it's time that I take this back to the store. Expand
  18. Sep 27, 2015
    This game made tons of improvements, but it failed in many areas that really mattered.

1. Servers not fixed. 2. Spike Lee MyCareer mode limits freedom of story and presents racially charged stereotypes. If Spike Lee's name was not attached to this, I don't think 2K would have gotten away with this. 3. More Bugs... Players freezing or getting stuck. 4. My Court while cool doesn't

1. Servers not fixed.
    3. More Bugs... Players freezing or getting stuck.
    4. My Court while cool doesn't currently allow custom logos.
  19. Dec 19, 2015
    this game is a joke, my park always lags and sucks butt. The only good thing is the story line (kind of) and the soundtrack. Don't buy it. I repeat don't waste your money.
  20. Mar 11, 2016
    Good graphics but terrible AI which on harder difficulties basically means the 4 players you don't control are a liability & are more stupid than a 6 year old playing for the first time. The odds of completing myteam or MyCareer are basically nonexistent and an obvious ploy by 2k to get people hooked so they'll end up paying more money for a game they've already bought. Very concernedGood graphics but terrible AI which on harder difficulties basically means the 4 players you don't control are a liability & are more stupid than a 6 year old playing for the first time. The odds of completing myteam or MyCareer are basically nonexistent and an obvious ploy by 2k to get people hooked so they'll end up paying more money for a game they've already bought. Very concerned about what the game is becoming after being a loyal customer for years. Expand
  21. Sep 27, 2015

1. Servers not fixed.
    3. More Bugs... Players freezing or getting stuck.
    4. My Court while cool doesn't currently allow custom logos
  22. Apr 1, 2016
    Just another sports game only focused on selling cards not improving the game like madden and mlb the show. You can not use all of the players offline that are available to purchase online. That is just a money grab I hate all sports games now because I pay for a game and then they want me to pay for the players too.
  23. Jun 16, 2016
    I can't play with my name Diogo? WTF? Ridicolous. The game is a lot worst than 2k15 and 2k14...............................................................................
  24. Sep 25, 2015
    Its totally racist for spike lee to assume that all basketball players have to be one race. the my career mode is complete trash because 2k allowed spike lee to be involved. Im not form NY and Im not from the hood sow what exactly was the point of this. Just that aspect has caused me to drop 2k 16 and pick up live 16. If your going ot make a story mode like that then it should be ableIts totally racist for spike lee to assume that all basketball players have to be one race. the my career mode is complete trash because 2k allowed spike lee to be involved. Im not form NY and Im not from the hood sow what exactly was the point of this. Just that aspect has caused me to drop 2k 16 and pick up live 16. If your going ot make a story mode like that then it should be able to pick up your choices as in race and where your from an dont just use 1 race for the career mode. Terrible idea 2K Expand
  25. Oct 12, 2015
    This game is a downgrade from last years game. it is nearly impossible to make a 5 foot jumper. but in all actuality nobody shoots 5 foot jumpers in real life. is should be a layup or dunk. once the ball get to the paint is a automatic foul or point with no chance at missing. and if you get bumped you don't even get the opportunity to shoot the ball. passing is completely broke. you can'tThis game is a downgrade from last years game. it is nearly impossible to make a 5 foot jumper. but in all actuality nobody shoots 5 foot jumpers in real life. is should be a layup or dunk. once the ball get to the paint is a automatic foul or point with no chance at missing. and if you get bumped you don't even get the opportunity to shoot the ball. passing is completely broke. you can't pump fake. You also can't intercept passes. Only can dribble in lanes. alley opps are broke. player at excel at finishing can't finish against big men.your teammates are constantly in your way. there is nothing good i can say about online. the lag makes online unplayable Expand
  26. Jul 16, 2016
    Loading times for junk! That pretty much sums up the game. If there was a way to just play the game without having to wait for all the junk you don't even care about to load it might be an average game. The game does allow you to skip through the junk but only after it make you wait to load it. I played "My career" mode for as long as I could stand (which was about an hour). Made theLoading times for junk! That pretty much sums up the game. If there was a way to just play the game without having to wait for all the junk you don't even care about to load it might be an average game. The game does allow you to skip through the junk but only after it make you wait to load it. I played "My career" mode for as long as I could stand (which was about an hour). Made the mistake of making a PW. Wanted to create a KD type of player, instead I ended up with a Kwame Brown. My guy was 6'10" but couldn't dunk the ball. His nickname was "The Freq", which I guess is fitting because if you are that tall and can't dunk you are a freak.

It's the same game as last year with a new sound track and a more annoying My career mode.

I understand progression is part of the game but seriously any "5 star" recruit should already be able to dominate the court in high school and college. This game apparently feels a great high school and college basketball player is simply taller than their opponent and progression begins in the pros. A terrible mode and any money they wasted on a "Spike Lee Joint" would have been better spent on developing a more dynamic engine or figuring out a way to eliminate the constant long loading times that plague this game. Very disappointed.
  27. Feb 26, 2016
    I don't care if NBA 2K is continuosly aiming for realism/simulation instead of arcade gameplay, but in this year's edition player movement/controlls feels stiffer than ever. Even worse when playing a Center or Power Forward. If this game is really developed with only simulation in mind, just label it as a simulator and not a game. This ruins the fun for me. NBA 2K15 disappointed me andI don't care if NBA 2K is continuosly aiming for realism/simulation instead of arcade gameplay, but in this year's edition player movement/controlls feels stiffer than ever. Even worse when playing a Center or Power Forward. If this game is really developed with only simulation in mind, just label it as a simulator and not a game. This ruins the fun for me. NBA 2K15 disappointed me and 2K16 disappoints me even more, so wish that those frozen brains at EA would develop at least a decent NBA Live. Expand
  28. Mar 5, 2016
    I write is out of my love for prior incantations of this game, but this is going to hurt you more than it hurts me, hopefully.

The trustfully non-soliloquial dissertation below pertains most entirely to the MyCareer mode in NBA 2K16 playing as an inside scoring shooting guard, the facts and discussion of which contained, except “The Good” section, are born out of pure misery. The

The Good
    Game looks great, and music is really good this year.
    Ability to move your team to other cities in franchise and creating a different uniform for them is awesome.
    The defensive rotation after the latest update is a lot better, in terms of center rotation for help defense in the lane, and all players seem to be playing passing lanes better on terrible passes.
    The stadium atmosphere is great.
    I really like the badges and leveling them up. Great idea.
    The commentary is very good.

The Bad (in addition to my other post on the subject matter)
    Inexplicably not responding to pushed buttons: I have ran out of bounds while holding firmly the dunk/layup controls on multiple occasions late in a close game, on a fast-break, after a steal, while running directly under a basket without a defender or unreasonable animation preventing the dunk/layup. Hmmm…. In what universe is it a good decision by 2K to implement this in their game. 2K, this is a directly paradoxical decision in terms of what you should be deciding to put in this games. Decision like this demolish 2K’s reputation and trust among gamers. How can I trust a game that disregards, at its whims, to respond to my input. Whoever made this decision at 2K is a freaking moron. I would love to be at that meeting where they decided this. E.g. “Great idea Jim! We will just makes sure that the game is surprisingly and completely unresponsive in these type situations. How much are we paying you? You need a raise you ingenious bastard”. If the proposed scenario above did not happen, how are decisions made at 2K in a vacuum? WTF. This complete lack of response, has also occurred on many attempted passes to completely open persons in scoring positions, and in regard to dribble moves, especially the super easy and inordinately successful spin-move.
    AI players going catatonic: Tardosaurus AI players, literally falling asleep, with the f-ing ball in their hands, just staring into oblivion, until the clock nearly runs out. You have to force them to pass the ball, and if not they would continue in their catatonic state until the end of time and then three seconds before the world explodes, finally shoot a completely contested shot directly in the face of an opposing player. (a little over-dramatic, but I despise this)
    Loose balls: Nearly complete inability to acquire a loose ball
    Unfair blocking discrepancy: Upon every teammate or MyCareer block ejecting the ball into the 15th row. But when the opposing team blocks you or a teammate, their ball seemingly always starts a fast break. (completely unrealistic and unfair stupidity by 2K).
    Idiotic failed dunking animation: Driving, trying to dunk in congestion, but instead of getting blocked or rejected by the rim, inexplicably throwing the ball over the rim and not surprisingly directly to the opposing team now on a fast break.
    Player Initiated teammate passes: Inconsistent ability of teammates to pick an appropriate passing type and location when throwing to your player. And, spraticatily picking the most inappropriate type and locate possible for the situation.
    Teammate post play: Teammate in the post taking a shot directly in the face of opposing post player, without any attempt to create space or utilize a post move, and unsurprisingly getting reject with virtuosity or hopelessly missing the shot. (Great AI guys).
    League progression: After five or more years into My Career mode the NBA sucks in terms of talent. Player progression of CPU players and teammates is terrible.
    3pt shooting discrepancy: Seemingly a better chance to make a half-ways contested three super late in the clock than to make a wide-open three in transition.
    Inability to effect your team: Inability to affect the franchise in any way, except performance and asking to be traded. You cannot even talk to the coach to suggest something. You are not only the face of your team, but eventually the face of the league, way is this not an option? In the NBA the player’s voice is exercised through the coach’s medium to management, if it truly is My Career shouldn’t we have a say in something that has to do with it?
    Too many wide-open 3pt shots: How am I shooting a career 46.6% from three with a 78 rating (most of my career my rating was way worse, less than 70) taking on average more than 5 threes a game? The answer is because, I am completely open without a man within 3 yards of me. I only take completely wide open threes. I don’t even running plays in order to get these chances, so why am I getting so many chances? How am I getting so open when I am the best player in the league? I have absolutely no Idea. Don’t get me wrong I like making open threes, but getting this many opportunities is ridiculous.
    Poor transition on-man defense: I am a transition finishing inside scoring dunkaholic. How is it that I don’t have a man on my hip most of the time while in transition? I can understand if the guy is covering me is one highly involved in a particular opposing team offensive play, but otherwise he should be on me consistently.
    Failure to deny the ball: The first way to stop a dominate shooting force is to deny him the ball. How is it that I can get the ball whenever I what.
    Failure to need plays for known shooters who don’t create: Most dominate players who don’t generally create and are good three point shooters must have plays run for them in order to get them the ball anywhere close to the three-point line with an open shot. This is almost never the case in 2K. If you disagree, look at the late career of Ray Allen.
    Rebounding dominance for sucky suckingtons: How am I getting so many rebounds as a 6’6 inside scoring shooting guard, without even one upgrade in rebounding? I nearly leading the league as a rebounding shooting guard it is ridiculous. Why? Answer, I am never ever boxed-out and always crashing the boards without any resistance from opposing players. 2K, did they not read the scouting report, or see me crash the boards for the 50th time this game?
    Get the F out of the way: Absolutely everyone gets in your way like you are the center of gravity.
    Out-of-bounds on opposing inbound: Why am I inexplicably situated out of bounds near the bench on nearly every opposing team inbound play? Can someone please explain this to me in a reasonably logical un-attenuated cognisable manner. Oh, you cannot.
    Back-board shots for years and years and years, derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!: If I shoot another basketball hitting the side or backside of the back-board next year, I swear I might lose it.
    Wrong dunk selection in congestion: Why does the game pick the most incomprehensibly stupid and most likely to be blocked type of dunk or layup, while in congestion, and at the most inappropriate times? Tard? What this does, is require me to take all the really cool, exciting, dunk and layup amination selections out of my possible options, because if I keep a dunk selection were the ball gets cliched back lower then my shoulders, the AI will inexplicably selection that one to do in congestion, which will result in a block or strip from behind. 2K is either too stupid to figure this out or just doesn’t what to remedy it. Maybe because it is a gimmick that makes the game harder without thought. The funny thing about using these type of gimmicks is the advantage for 2K is that it is easy, but the disadvantage is that it is wrong and makes you look like inbred idiots. Kind of the same thing that happens when people uses stereotypes unreasonably. Not to compare the two. . . but still to compare the two (perfect oxymoronic statement), because of the undeniable similarity.

2K, I wrote this not to inform the world of this game’s intrepid idiodicy and neither just to blast your name, but in the hope that you see it, are listening, and actually care. I am officially done wasting my life on this subject.

Your dear, trustfully consoleable, opprobrious,

Turdsandwhich
  29. Jul 31, 2016
    this is the worst my career ever. you cannot do a fast small forward like durant or lebron or carmelo. If you make a small forward inside, he's only gonna be 80 in layup, ***kin 80 man!!! that's the stupidest thing i ever heard man for real. Also, if you make a 6'1'' point guard, you can only be 86 in speed:who the *uck made this game was high as hell
  30. Jun 25, 2016
    All I ever play is MyCareer and it sucks. The story is not about "My Player" but instead the one it forces you to be, and it forces you to play through 2 NBA seasons without being able to really upgrade your player significantly despite starting you out with abysmal stats and abilities.
  31. Sep 8, 2017
    The game-play is just not fun. It feels sluggish, and the margin for error on anything is really low. I suppose it is all in the name of realism.

I got this with a friend and we would have sequences like: missed layup, offensive rebound, missed wide open jumper, defensive rebound, turn-over, turn-over, kickball. Leaning jumper scoring on 4 guys. Time-out. The entire rhythm of the game is frustrating and slow for a casual gamer like me.

Yea yea, I hear all you 2k-ragers saying "@#$%$#$% you NOOB @#$@#% play NBA LIVE." I played 2k15 and really enjoyed it, but I suppose I will check out NBA LIVE from now on. I don't feel like spending hours and hours just to learn how to dribble a basketball all over again. Or weeks of game play just to hit an open jumper. I suppose people with lots of time on their hands get their kicks out of this but I am a pass...
  32. Jun 16, 2016
    I've been playing this series since 2k5, and I have to say- this may be the most disappointing title in the franchise (alright, 2k7 may have been worse). Historically, the graphics have improved with each new year, but this latest installment looks like it may have even taken a step back from 2k15. The gameplay doesn't feel any smoother; the play-calling is awkward to bring up at times;I've been playing this series since 2k5, and I have to say- this may be the most disappointing title in the franchise (alright, 2k7 may have been worse). Historically, the graphics have improved with each new year, but this latest installment looks like it may have even taken a step back from 2k15. The gameplay doesn't feel any smoother; the play-calling is awkward to bring up at times; the cut-scenes are marathons and require waiting before skipping; the soundtrack is exceedingly limited; and the MyPlayer mode is heinous. 2k has partnered with Spike Lee to create a drama-nstrosity, where your player is supposed to be able to experience all the ups and downs of making it into the pros. However, the script hijacks your player, makes all decisions for you, and forces you to keep track of a tedious and long-winded plot about how your underprivileged, ghetto-born player copes with the struggles of his almost comically dramatic past. Certainly, I don't want to have MY PLAYER'S script written without my input. Ugh. I'm sure Spike Lee thought he was being "edgy," and "Avant-garde," by showing "lyfe 'n 'da streetz," but it comes off as overdone and tiresome. I hope 2k never attempts a project this poor again. 2/10, I may be finished with this franchise. Expand
  33. Sep 4, 2016
    It appears to me that 2K Sports spent much efforts in making more money by in-game purchases, instead of perfecting the game-play. This is a CONSOLE GAME, not a cheap cell phone game.
  34. Jul 4, 2016
    This series sucks and I decided to look at the most loved game out of the franchise well god it's BAD! Why? The graphics look like the other games as usual. The controls are terrible and I find the game has little variety. This game sucks and the whole series sucks. If you like sports THEN JUST PLAY IT!
  35. Dec 4, 2016
    There are so many glitches in this game its infuriating. Career is badly thought through, with preset characters allowing little room for freedom for the player. Even in regular game mode, players that are not controlled by the user him or herself will randomly walk around the floor at times, leaving their opposition wide open. Shots that are considered A grade will regularly miss, whilstThere are so many glitches in this game its infuriating. Career is badly thought through, with preset characters allowing little room for freedom for the player. Even in regular game mode, players that are not controlled by the user him or herself will randomly walk around the floor at times, leaving their opposition wide open. Shots that are considered A grade will regularly miss, whilst the opposing Cpu will consistently hit shots that are tightly contested. Overall this game makes me so angry regularly due to the way it glitches out. They probably wont fix it because they are 2k, so I would just wait for the new version to come out and pray its actually playable. Expand
  36. Mar 12, 2017
    Games are only as good as two things. For PvE, they are only as good as their AI at the highest levels. For PvP, they are only as good as they are able to resolve what happens when two players DO something to each other at the same time (assuming the game doesn't suffer from fundamental network issues).

This game is terrible at both.
  37. Oct 4, 2017
    **** trash simple as that playing on a harder difficulty doesn't make the AI smarter you can't hit wide open threes with kobe for example while the AI seems to make every shot even when heavily contested, shaq the most dominant player ever can't even score on curry in the post realistic my ass.My career is trash aswell you either grind to get vc or you can buy it wow wtf is this a f2p**** trash simple as that playing on a harder difficulty doesn't make the AI smarter you can't hit wide open threes with kobe for example while the AI seems to make every shot even when heavily contested, shaq the most dominant player ever can't even score on curry in the post realistic my ass.My career is trash aswell you either grind to get vc or you can buy it wow wtf is this a f2p game? Was having fun at the beginning but after playing this game for a long time i realized it's flaws if a player is hot or is just dominating will be double teamed (ok that happens in real life) until the end of the game... always leaving someone open guess what in higher dificultys even if you pass it to a open shooter you still gonna miss, if you play on all star for example you'll get double teamed even if you pass the ball to the shooter and hit shot's the AI will keep leaving him open because the other player has 30 points . Speed doesn't seem to matter either some times centers will run at the same speed if not faster than point gards
    . - Unrealistic / Higher difficulties are just cheese
    - My career mode is Garbage
    - A lot of bugs
    - Amazing graphics
    - Micro transactions break the game
    This will be my first and last 2k game greedy **** put the same game every year with updated rosters. Stay away from this game if you want a realistic and immersive basketball experience.

1. Mar 3, 2016
    NBA 2K16 has raised the bar not just for future iterations of the series but for every sports game developed beyond this point.
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 16, 2015
    Let’s forget about terrible cutscenes directed by Spike Lee – the game itself is still a joy to play. [12/2015, p.54]
  3. Dec 15, 2015
    NBA 2K16 continues to be at the top of its game, even if the new career mode isn’t everything I wanted from a Spike Lee joint.