2.7

1. Nov 21, 2013
    Don't waste your money. This should actually be a free to play game! That's how awful it is. Even then it would seem like EA is trying to All it's got going for it is Ultimate Team but Next Gen 2k has already taken care of that with MyTeam upgrades. Should had been scrapped just like there last effort. The low reviews are dead on. Don't get me wrong I am one of the people who play Live '95, '96, '97, '99, & 2000. In a way wanted a 2nd great basketball sim, but Live is a thing of the past. EA trading garbage for cash again. Thought they'd learn there lesson. Expand
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is garbage. EA at it's best, no effort making this game, just finish it fast and sell to the parents who are buying this game for their kids, because none of gamers will buy this garbage itself.
    Ugly graphics. Ehm...EA did you know that it's a next gen game? Looks like you don't. Just stopo releasing such garbage.
  3. Nov 19, 2013
    Does not feel next gen AT ALL. It imitates 2k poorly in every way. The controls are frustrating and wildly unbalanced, with no where near the speed or fluidity of 2k. The graphics are sub par and easily could be mistaken for a current gen game. It feels like the NBA Elite 11 demo that bombed terribly and never saw release. This game should have been shelved too.
  4. Nov 19, 2013
    Played this at a friends house, couldn't believe how terrible it actually was. Anyone who says different is either trolling or desperately trying to justify their purchase. 2K is where it's at, period.
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    Ignite Engine? Next Gen? Awesome physics and so on as said and claimed by EA games. To tell you the truth all are just lies. This game has nothing to offer as a next gen title nor it is worth to pick up even if you love NBA series. Certainly 2K's one is just 100% better and a real next gen title. Everything in this game so far is taken wrong as if it is a very lazy and fast port...even the ps3 version is better"
    dunt waist your money ^_^
  6. Nov 23, 2013
    Really EA??? Really? This game sucks big time. By far one of the worst basketball games of all time. Maybe EA should ask 2K for pointers. Im not gonna get into the gameplay because it is almost non existent. If you played 2k over the years dont even waste your time picking this up, Seriously
  7. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is a disaster. Too bad for EA, I already bought and played 2K14 on my PS4. My friend bought this and went to our house. He wanted to trade it with my 2K14 plus cash. We played it then I was like, ooohh, how disgusting compared to 2K14.

This is not a must buy. This should be free. EA really are not good developers. They always recycle their games.

The graphics are like on
    the PS3, NBA Live 2009. I feel disappointed for EA. But I love, SKATE. Bring back SKATE and you'll get my money and trust back. Expand
  8. Nov 21, 2013
    This is a bad game. Played a few game in the dynasty mode. After two games, turned it off, and went back to NBA2k12 (Yes I said 12) on my xbox360. Do yourself a favor and buy NBA2k14, I will. I made the mistake of giving this piece of crap game a chance.

Don't be fooled by the so-call "ballers" saying if you know basketball you will like this game. The game mechanics is terrible.
    I can score at will against the A.I. even at the hardest setting using a few joystick moves. It looks terrible too. One of the most disappointing game I ever played. Expand
  9. Nov 25, 2013
    Total garbage. Those defending EA and this game should really get out more. Controls are clunky, graphics remind me more of Minecraft than anything next-gen. Definitely rushed out the door to cash in on parents buying it for their whiny brat kids.
  10. Nov 26, 2013
    This may not be only the worst basketball sim I've ever played, but the worst sports video game I've ever played. The graphics look like something on a PS2 and are even worse than the graphics in the two cancelled games (NBA Elite 11 and NBA Live 13), the ESPN presentation is outdated, the announcing by Mike Breen and JVG (Two of my favorite announcers on TV) is awful compared to previous NBA Live games and NBA 2k14, and worst of all, the game play is chunky and terrible. Shooting forms are way off and the movement of the players makes them feel like toy action figures. The ultimate team is similar to NBA 2k14s myTeam, and while playing the NBA moments mode sounds fun on paper, it really doesn't appeal to me at all. EA darn f****d up. This game is not worth your time or money. This is easily one of the worst sports video games of all time. Expand
  11. Jan 22, 2014
    This game has everything horrible. Gameplay is horrible. Graphics is horrible. Animations are horrible. Physics are horrible. Models look plastic. Only good things are: the NET, and the nostalgia of a PS2 game (but since its intention is the NEXT Generation and the future of gaming) Details are horrible or you can say NONE. You can download the demo and see for yourself. Ultimate team is nothing special.
    Yeah its nice to see rating changing up and down. JUST LIKE IN FIFA AND MADDEN!
    As I said download a demo, or just watch the gameplay, and you can understand what I'm talking.
  12. Dec 26, 2013
    such good
    very basketball
    much next gen
    buy

Just to be clear, I'm lying. This is one of the worst games ever created, and you should avoid it like plague.
  13. Jan 18, 2014
    EA, EA, EA... what is this? I actually thought EA would surprise us... boy was I wrong.

Pros:
    -The net, not the rim, just the net
    -ESPN scoreboard and presentation overlays
    -Halftime and postgame show "Wired Up" bit

Cons:
    -Everything else

...Thank God for 2K
  14. Feb 8, 2014
    Anyone giving this game anything above a 3 obviously works for EA. It's an absolutely atrocious game. One of the worst sports games ever created, by far.
  15. Dec 10, 2013
    this is honestly the worst game i have ever played in my 15 years of gaming smh and it looks really bad too i do not know why anyone would want to play this game if your not a fan of 2k14 then just leave basketball games alone until next year seriously who could enjoy this?

the net physics are really nice tho only positive thing i could say about it lol
  16. Mar 5, 2014
    This is far from a next-gen video game. The mechanics are atrocious. The graphics are on par with Madden 2008. NBA2K 14 has it's issues, but at least the entire game itself isn't the issue. Avoid NBA Live 14 at all costs.
  17. May 1, 2014
    NBA live 14 was suppose to be this game, that was suppose to dominate 2k14. (Which people always say when NBA live comes out, but it never happens) NBA live 14, took 2 years to create, and it was put on next gen. Then everyone starts buying it thinking it's the new 2k. And come to find out it's the same garbage with better graphics, that we were given in 2011.

1. Bland, lacklustre and devoid of excitement. Expect it to hit nothing but net as it lands in your local bargain bin. [January 2014, p77]
  2. Feb 7, 2014
    After a four year hiatus this is definitely not the NBA game we've been expecting from EA.
  3. Jan 14, 2014
    While other sports games have slam dunked new-gen, this can't stop dribbling. [Feb 2014, p.74]