6.2

1. Nov 18, 2013
    This is one of the best racing games I have played in a long time. With all the dissappointing racing games in the need for speed series this was definitely a welcomed addition to the series. Not since Burnout 3 have I had this much fun with a racing game.
  2. Nov 19, 2013
    I've been a huge fan of Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted, and Ghost Studios does a fantastic job of carrying the torch passed to them by Criterion. This game is BEAUTIFUL. On top of that, while it may be similar to past titles, it is the best iteration thus far. I don't mind if it feels similar as long as it keeps it fresh and adds new features, which Rivals definitely delivers on. Thanks GhostI've been a huge fan of Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted, and Ghost Studios does a fantastic job of carrying the torch passed to them by Criterion. This game is BEAUTIFUL. On top of that, while it may be similar to past titles, it is the best iteration thus far. I don't mind if it feels similar as long as it keeps it fresh and adds new features, which Rivals definitely delivers on. Thanks Ghost Studios!!!

(P.S. I'm not from EA and I'm not being payed to do this
  3. Nov 19, 2013
    The racing is somewhat flawless, the cops are aggressive, the roads and environments are beautiful, the personalization options have a lot of depth for a NFS game that isn't Underground (but who wants to put a bodykit on a Aston Martin Vanquish), the car list is pro-exotic and features the newest cars in the world, Ferrari is finally back since Hot Pursuit 2, All-Drive sets the bar forThe racing is somewhat flawless, the cops are aggressive, the roads and environments are beautiful, the personalization options have a lot of depth for a NFS game that isn't Underground (but who wants to put a bodykit on a Aston Martin Vanquish), the car list is pro-exotic and features the newest cars in the world, Ferrari is finally back since Hot Pursuit 2, All-Drive sets the bar for multi-player open world racing games, the car handling is spot on, the story could be better. I love everything about this game.

Not only is this the PS4's best launch title, but it's the best Need for Speed game to date. Better than Underground, Most Wanted,Carbon Hot Pursuit, High Stakes, Shift, Porsche Unleashed. Any NFS game you care to name, this game integrates features from them into the game in some way.
  4. Nov 16, 2013
    Awesome game and i'm not from EA. The MP of this game is the best. The only thing that i miss is the music of HP when you were on a pursuit (it was a very good dramatic music). But this is not HP so it's ok. If you liked HP 2010 and MW 2005 you really should try this game.
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    What an amazing game! Non-stop gameplay. I love it! Felt the same when i'm played Hot Pursuit and High Stakes in 90s. This is a truly one of the best NFS in the history. Enjoyable, lovely, stylish. AllDrive with real players is awesome! All cars feels are nicely and realisting, heavy drifty challenger and snappy powerful GT3, its awesome difference, classy! Little things in gameplay areWhat an amazing game! Non-stop gameplay. I love it! Felt the same when i'm played Hot Pursuit and High Stakes in 90s. This is a truly one of the best NFS in the history. Enjoyable, lovely, stylish. AllDrive with real players is awesome! All cars feels are nicely and realisting, heavy drifty challenger and snappy powerful GT3, its awesome difference, classy! Little things in gameplay are really cool e.g. realistic tires smoke, red-hot brake discs on some cars, living world & enviroment. Great sounds and soundtrack. Boldly give 10! points Expand
  6. Nov 17, 2013
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Are good. I'm not interested in car games so true to life that I'm going to drive my Corvette into a wall every time I have to turn at 20+MPH. So NFD has always kinda been my racer of choice. But this one feels a bit better. Looks polished, although not so next-gen (I don't know if that's a complaint about my first foray into PS4 or this game). Controls son't take longFIRST IMPRESSIONS: Are good. I'm not interested in car games so true to life that I'm going to drive my Corvette into a wall every time I have to turn at 20+MPH. So NFD has always kinda been my racer of choice. But this one feels a bit better. Looks polished, although not so next-gen (I don't know if that's a complaint about my first foray into PS4 or this game). Controls son't take long to get the hang of and in my 2nd hour i'm drifting the length of every tuen and have traded in the brake for the Jake. The best part is that "oh sh*t" feeling when your heat is up, and you're sitting on 100,000 SP and some real-world player in a Lambo cop car comes flying off a side street and you know the only way you're going to get to a safe house and bank your points is by the skin of your teeth! Cruising the streets effortlessly with real world players is quite engrossing. Great fun so far! Expand
  7. Nov 15, 2013
    all the 10 reviews i bet are from ea!this games is more of the same!but still it's awesome!can there ever be an open world rracer with split screen?and offline challenges?/that what's missing!
  8. Nov 15, 2013
    Since rivals is the only racing game on ps4, it may take your free time. Open world is large and beautiful, and you can see most turns clearly, unlike in mw2012. Cars are nice, so is their customization. All drive feature is fun, and since the events are randomly generated, you can drive as long as you like without completing the same event again and again. I wish I had Driveclub, butSince rivals is the only racing game on ps4, it may take your free time. Open world is large and beautiful, and you can see most turns clearly, unlike in mw2012. Cars are nice, so is their customization. All drive feature is fun, and since the events are randomly generated, you can drive as long as you like without completing the same event again and again. I wish I had Driveclub, but unfortunately it's been delayed, so nfs is a good temporary replacement and 4 day exclusive to ps4)) Expand
  9. Nov 24, 2013
    Absolutely awesome game, online and off. Some gliches hinder the experience but the graphics and gameplay more than makeup for it. Reminds me of Burnout 3 but for next gen! There is no better feeling than rolling around as a cop and ruining racers(other online players) of their their multipliers. Truely captures the rival aspect of the cop/racer drama.
  10. Feb 2, 2014
    NFS: Rivals puts you in the middle of a small city, a forest in the hills, a snowy mountain, and a desert. The games graphics are massively impressive. The lighting, reflections and shadows are awesome on PC. And the cars look SO much better than anything else I've ever seen. The game also has a system where the time of day changes. So it can be sunrise, sunset, mid day, or night time. TheNFS: Rivals puts you in the middle of a small city, a forest in the hills, a snowy mountain, and a desert. The games graphics are massively impressive. The lighting, reflections and shadows are awesome on PC. And the cars look SO much better than anything else I've ever seen. The game also has a system where the time of day changes. So it can be sunrise, sunset, mid day, or night time. The game looks best at sun rise. It's breathtaking how awesome this looks. Most of the roads you ride on are blacktop with a very reflective surface. And you always have some type of debris floating around, whether it be snow, sand, green leaves, brown leaves, or rain. When it does rain, it can be anything from a drizzle to a thunderstorm. The rain looks amazing as does everything else. There is nothing like being a cop chasing a racer through a forest at night, and it's pouring down raining while your sirens are blasting and your engines revving up. It's an awesome experience.

The sounds of the game are also quite impressive. As I've played racing games a good bit, and NFS: Rivals sounds are right on the money. Each car has a different sound and slightly different feel. Some cars are rather slow while others are blazing fast. You won't really hear too much background noise, other than other cars, cops talking, sirens, tire screeches, pursuit tech, and your own car. So you won't be hearing a whole lot of the birds chirping or water or anything like that. Although you can hear thunder if a thunderstorm rolls in, and yes you'll here waterfalls if you go right by them. But most of the time you just hear the radio playing and your own car. So thank goodness the sound track is awesome. I didn't know any of these songs before I played this game, but now I love the songs. The sound track is awesome. Awesome in that I've downloaded these songs and listen to them daily now.

I've searched far and wide for an open world racing game that has the graphical standard I am used to from playing Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, and Metro LL. And this is the only game I can truly recommend. FYI, the next best is NFS: Most Wanted, although the graphics are a definite step down, it still looks better than anything else.

The big downside to this game is the fact that it only runs at 30FPS. There is a "fix" to this where you can set it to whatever FPS you'd like. But if you have it set at 60FPS, and it drops to 59FPS, your game will slow down and your car will start to glitch. And even though I have a GTX780, it still drops to 59FPS every few seconds. Not because of the ability of the card, just because it's throttling to maintain 60FPS, and when you hit a point that gets strenuous, it'll drop to 59 then pop right back up to 60, simply because of the throttling, not the power of the card. So no matter how powerful your graphics card, you'll get this glitch. Although it looks SO much smoother at 60FPS, I run it at 30FPS so my car doesn't slow down and it doesn't glitch out. FYI, if I set the game with a 100FPS cap, the game only runs at about 80-85FPS with a 3570k@4.7Ghz and overclocked GTX780. So NFS: Rivals is a fairly demanding game. And I'm not surprised being that it's based on Battlefield 4's Frost Bite 3 engine. Also, I notice if I use this "fix", and I race online with other people, my car(although it doesn't feel like it to me)is a noticeable amount slower than other online racers. To the point that they beat you easily. Since I've gone back to the regular 30FPS this hasn't happened again. Maybe those players were just THAT good, probably not though.

So between the looks, the sounds, and the gameplay, this is THE best open world racing game to date.
  11. Nov 15, 2013
    Best auto game ever! Works like a charm on PS4. I'm really impressed with the gameplay and the graphics. The multyplayer is very entertaining. A small downside, but nothing to make me not to rate this at 10, are the fps lock at 30. EA execceded my expectations with this new NFS.
  12. Nov 24, 2013
    Need for Speed Rivals brings street racing from the perspective of both the racer and the police officers trying to stop them. Supercharged speed machines are everywhere in this game and it really is a challenge.

No seriously... this game provides a challenge, which makes it great! the computer controlled cars will give you a hard time and push you as you advance though the game. You can choose to work on the "Racer" or "Cop" portion of the story at any point and switch back and forth at will. That certainly makes things interesting and helps keep the game from getting repetitive.

Possibly my favorite feature is that if you choose to play online, your friends can jump in with you at any point. They can jump in and race against you or as cops and try and take you out! Through multiple races I can see my friends top scores/times and try to beat them.

As far as the car selections, there are plenty... you unlock them quickly as well. You do have spend speed points to get the cars once you unlock them but I have yet to run low on those. Speed points come with completeing tasks and races. Points seem to be plentiful. But just because you have a fast car doesn't mean you will dominate... learning proper driving tactics and using defensive upgrades such as mines and EMP charges will help get you to the finish line.

Overall this game is a blast... while I'm not yet ready to call it the king of racing... I will say it is a must buy!
  13. Jan 9, 2014
    Best Need For Speed version yet. The PS4 version is phenomenal and the graphics and audio are mindblowing. Being the cop and chasing racers online is FUN!
    The app that comes with the game (for iOS devices) is a nice touch. Playing this game on remote play is fun but harder since the screen is small so I crash more.
  14. Nov 26, 2013
    This is the most fun I've had with a Need For Speed game since the original Underground came out. The controls are spot on and the gameplay is fun and addicting. The only small qualm I have is it seems to switch host often, interrupting the experience. A small price to pay for the fun you can have, seamlessly switching between racer and cop.
  15. Dec 15, 2013
    Great game love it to play i really like the music :D what makes it more fun to play and the handling is really nice of course if you never played NfS before you gonna get into it but its just a regular racing handling
  16. Dec 23, 2013
    Need for Speed:Rivals is one of the best realistic driving games I have played. It is a very fun multiplayer experience and engages people to either be a criminal racer who smashes into other cars and challenges other racers to racing duels, or a lawful cop who sets traps and road blocks to stop racers. Overall this game is fun and is probably my favorite realistic racing games.
  17. Mar 2, 2014
    BEST RACING GAME EVER!
    I tried all racing game but this is.. this is... EXCELLENT!!
    Players like game such as Call of Duty because aren't tried it!!
    If a CoD player tried it... he love it!!!
  18. Oct 17, 2014
    i really like NFS. i played it from ps1 till now and even in android. NFS is a great games specially RIVALS whose police are strong. its Graphic rate is 9 of 10 . its more interesting than GT and other games who are just racing. RIVALS is combination of racing and persuit
  19. Dec 28, 2013
    After finishing the PS3 version I got the game for PS4 as well. As expected the PS4 version is not suffering from the performance issues the PS3 was.

Other then that everything else is the same... kind of grindy game with the 120 speedlists with probably a lot of tasks most people don't really wanna do but ye. And a really really multiplayer. Nevertheless, for me in the end it's

Nevertheless, for me in the end it's mostly about the gameplay and Rivals is spot on as far as that goes. I gave the PS3 version a 7, I'll bump up my score by 1 because they performance issues are gone but the bad multiplayer prohibits me from giving a higher score then that.
  20. Jan 4, 2014
    This is a great racer in the launch line up of PS4. Visuals: I've played the 360 version of this game and the PS4 version is very noticeably higher res, with gorgeous textures and smoother lines, no annoying flickering of pixels (aliasing)... basically it looks stunning. Audio: This, for me, is ok but not incredible.

Gameplay: I love it. It's just like NFS Hot Pursuit (on PS3) crossed

Gameplay: I love it. It's just like NFS Hot Pursuit (on PS3) crossed with the open world of NFS underground 2. And it works really well! Plenty of races time-trials police escapes, etc.

Annoyances: After winning a big race you have the cops on your tail and they bust you before you manage to get to a hideout, therefore lose your points! Having to log in to EA servers in order to shut up the requests to log in. Also, after you've setup log-in, every time you start the game you have to wait maybe a minute or two for it to log in! This should happen in the background. I prefer to play my game offline, mostly.

Highlights: Good opponent AI. Online racing works well. Taking a nice drive through the luscious country-side and then getting roped into a race, and before long the fuzz are on our tail and all hell breaks loose! Also, playing as the cops is great fun too.
  21. Apr 29, 2014
    I couldn't help but feel a tiny bet let down by Rivals. Compared to Most Wanted, it was a not really a step down, but a big side-step. Instead of a non-existent story, we got a mediocre one and instead of weak car customization, we got it for only half of the game (Racers side only -- Cops got only weapons upgrades but start with better stats).

The game however is easily redeemed but

The game however is easily redeemed but its two core appealing features: It looks absolutely gorgeous and it plays like a charm. NFS Rivals is your only option for a racing game on the PS4 right, but it sure as hell ain't a bad one.
  22. Jan 18, 2015
    Not as good as Hot Pursuit, but it still offers plenty of hours of fun, and the 'rivals' gimmick actually works pretty well. Definitely worth a try for any Need for Speed fan.* (PS4 is the superior version, as PC is locked at 30 FPS and has a lot more glitches.)
  23. Jan 20, 2014
    I'll have to be honest and say that EA has done a good job with the NfS: Rivals. Whistling through the mini map which some of the best tunes in a car game, has me amped up every time I leave the garage and eager for more action. One problem I had was that you are unable to change any controls and that becomes a problem sometimes as you end up pressing buttons you didn't necessarily want toI'll have to be honest and say that EA has done a good job with the NfS: Rivals. Whistling through the mini map which some of the best tunes in a car game, has me amped up every time I leave the garage and eager for more action. One problem I had was that you are unable to change any controls and that becomes a problem sometimes as you end up pressing buttons you didn't necessarily want to press. But we have come to expect that from EA, it's either their way or no way at all. Also felt that the online aspects could've been tweaked, since the amount of drive modes against friends are limited. Expand
  24. Jan 3, 2014
    Definitely A well polished game, I can say the graphics for the ps4 version is gorgeous. The car customization is sub par though, you buy generic upgrades to the engine, and control etc. but the game is an arcade style racer not a simulation like Forza, the two paths racer, and cop, are both enjoyable, the story is mildly interesting, but I don't expect Shakespeare from a racer.
  25. Jan 12, 2014
    Need for Speed Rivals is a solid game. I haven't picked up a NFS game in a long time, since Carbon I think so I enjoyed this game more than I expected I would. The graphics aren't revolutionary or anything, but the world can be beautiful at times. The game starts off as public online, but you have the choice to play it with only your friends or by yourself from the driving settings. MyNeed for Speed Rivals is a solid game. I haven't picked up a NFS game in a long time, since Carbon I think so I enjoyed this game more than I expected I would. The graphics aren't revolutionary or anything, but the world can be beautiful at times. The game starts off as public online, but you have the choice to play it with only your friends or by yourself from the driving settings. My biggest complaint against the game is lack of car customization and story. There isn't a definite story to follow. So if you are looking for a story; look elsewhere. Also, I don't know if this is a trend now in racing games, seeing as I haven't played one since NFS Carbon, but there isn't much customization you could do with your car's exterior or interior. With that said, the game is fun, the world is nice, and playing with other players is always interesting. Expand
  26. Feb 8, 2014
    It's a GREAT game but for a bug which I found out that I can't drive when I download the patch with the game. So I had to give it a 9 out of 10 but when I got pass that bug it was amazing! I can't believe they used FrostBite 3 To work on a racing game!! The graphics are superb, The Gameplay is solid, The Dialogues ehmm... I ignored those cause I don't like listening to dialogue, the worldIt's a GREAT game but for a bug which I found out that I can't drive when I download the patch with the game. So I had to give it a 9 out of 10 but when I got pass that bug it was amazing! I can't believe they used FrostBite 3 To work on a racing game!! The graphics are superb, The Gameplay is solid, The Dialogues ehmm... I ignored those cause I don't like listening to dialogue, the world design is so realistic! and the AI there we some little AI problems but none the less it's still great. Now some people will start screaming that NFS : Rivals IS THE WORST NFS GAME EVER!!! But don't listen to them EA I still trust you even you won the Worst Company Award 2013 again but next time spend a bit more time polishing the game. Expand
  27. Nov 26, 2013
    The steering is equivalent to that of a game like Dirt, or Grid, feels slightly delayed compared to other racing games The multiplier is quite fun, but i felt like there is alot of things the Need for Speed franchise could have done to improve this game. I really like racing games that are heavy on customization, and i didn't feel like i had a whole lot of options, but we shouldn't forgetThe steering is equivalent to that of a game like Dirt, or Grid, feels slightly delayed compared to other racing games The multiplier is quite fun, but i felt like there is alot of things the Need for Speed franchise could have done to improve this game. I really like racing games that are heavy on customization, and i didn't feel like i had a whole lot of options, but we shouldn't forget this is a launch title and it only gets better from here. Would recommend to pick this up, it shows us the power of the ps4, and what we can expect, and improve on in the future Expand
  28. Jan 4, 2014
    Next Gen Racing At Its Best Graphics Look Amazing Gameplay Feels Great This Game Is A Mix Of Hot Pursuit And Most Wanted And Adds A Few Online Features Definitely Worth Checking Out On The PS4 If Youre Going To Get Any Version Because Of The Realism Of The Graphics
  29. Dec 29, 2013
    Great game once you get the handles and control of the cars down. Can be annoying when you need to save your money by getting to home base, but other than a few game-play flaws the game syncs perfectly with the ps4 system. Anyone looking for a racing title for the ps4 launch this is the one!
  30. Dec 30, 2013
    Expect an arcade racer from this game, not one of intricate details. The graphics aren't bad for a release game but far from cutting edge. There is plenty to do for the average gamer though it does get repetitive. It is very easy for a race game so anyone can enjoy it once you get used to the controls. It doesn't take long.

If you get annoyed by other racers purposely crashing you

If you get annoyed by other racers purposely crashing you this isn't the game for you. Be it player or AI controlled you will have to deal with it. Cops are MUCH faster than racer cars. You will have to learn how to evade them and use your weapons to get them off of you long enough to get away. You can never truly get away as any time you pass any of the numerous cameras you will have cops dispatched on you regardless of heat level or speed traveling.

As a cop the game is to easy. You have nothing to risk and your cars are fast and nearly indestructible unless you are just careless.

Online play really is just pointless. If you have people on your friends list that you play with and race against it is ok. Other than that unless you meat up head to head or try to bust/wreck people thats the only thing to do. I have yet to meet up with random people at a race start.
  31. Dec 30, 2013
    THIS GAME DOES NOT DISAPPOINT! I had my first truly, "next-gen" moment with this game. I'm maxing out my Mustang GT on the interstate, when I decide one of the many a.i. racers I've been passing needs to be put in his place. I start the head to head with a strong nitrous boost and jump out in front. As I am changing lanes and fighting for the lead, a patrolling Corvette tops the horizonTHIS GAME DOES NOT DISAPPOINT! I had my first truly, "next-gen" moment with this game. I'm maxing out my Mustang GT on the interstate, when I decide one of the many a.i. racers I've been passing needs to be put in his place. I start the head to head with a strong nitrous boost and jump out in front. As I am changing lanes and fighting for the lead, a patrolling Corvette tops the horizon and hits his red and blues. My pursuit tech is low on the 'stang, so I know I have to outrun and out maneuver my pursuers. As I blast off the interstate and hit a couple of sharp corners, I notice the road has changed to a frosted mountain pass. The sun is setting and my heat level is climbing fast. Now there must be 5 or 6 patrol cars in my rearview all fighting to stay on my tail as I do all I can to navigate the now, snow and ice covered pass. The snow is really coming down now, and my visibility is almost nothing as I'm drifting around corners with the red and blue snow practically filling my screen. The rush that this moment gave me is pretty rare in racing games today, and this doesn't even use the amazing multiplayer aspect that this game also brings with it. Imagine driving around with 150K speed points that you spent the last 20 minutes dodging roadblocks, spike strips, and EMP's to earn, when you crash big, and check your "easydrive" GPS to find out you are 2 miles to the nearest hideout. Then a human driver in a Lambo' enforcer T-bones you. Now you are in for the run of your life back to the safe house to bank those points. If you don't make it..... you guessed it, all that hard work for nothing. I have really had an enjoyable time with this Need for Speed title, as much so as Most Wanted 2005 (that is, IMO, the best NFS game ever), and once the tutorial is behind you, the real white knuckle, high risk racing will begin. And trust me, you will not be disappointed!

I actually decided to start giving my opinions on games on this website when I noticed that a lot of good games carry low user scores because of unfair 0's with little to no description of said "crapness". This game has a 6.8 as I'm writing this, and while a decent score, I felt it was low enough for me to create an account and share my experience with everyone. I hope this convinces a few more people to give this game a try, because it will remain in my game library for quite some time.
  32. May 21, 2014
    This game is really awesome! Graphics is very good and gameplay is really exciting. You can feel like a real racer. If you like car games you must try it.
  33. Jun 9, 2014
    Amazing! You get to be the best of both worlds - a cop and a racer! Who would have thought of that? Furthermore, the graphics, the maps, and the playlist are all great. The gameplay is also good. I would also like to commend the "open world" this game has.
  34. Aug 3, 2014
    I feel like the critics did their job well on this one, it deserves an 8/10, though on the lower side. It's not even close to an excellent game like Infamous 2, but it does it's job.

The racing controls are amazing. They're much more realistic than NFS: Most Wanted, being a little bit harder to control. The graphics are much more realistic, using the PS4's next-gen processor quite well, and making you a lot more absorbed into the game (like the Repair Shops and N2O boosts). Also, the map is quite large, making it actually taking adequate time to explore it. The driving does it's job - pumping adrenaline into your body, giving you a similar rush to a roller-coaster, especially when doing a Hard event and/or when you're a Racer. The massively-multiplayer-mode is kind-of innovative for the Racing genre, and I bet it's really fun, I mean, I don't like that type of stuff, but for those who do, it must be quite entertaining. It's just really fun overall, because of the gameplay and the graphics. Oh yeah, and the storyline is a step above the other NFS games.

Now the cons. First of all, it's pretty pissy that you can't use the PS Move controller with NFS: Rivals. It's a minor issue, but I kind of liked PS Move with NFS: Most Wanted. Second of all, it was published by EA, which makes the game slightly unfinished. Once, I was just doing a Rapid Response when I unintentionally got stuck in limbo. WTF? Also, I heard that there was an error with downloading the game from the PS Store, I don't know about it since I got the hard-copy version. Third of all, the story is still quite bland. Cops vs. Racers, EA, we get it, shut up. This is also a minor issue, since Racing games don't revolve around story. Lastly, I can't play this for more than 2.5 hours straight in the end-game stages, for 2 reasons:
    1. The gameplay is repetitive, you eventually get bored of driving the same streets over and over and over again, it makes you want to play something else after a while.
    2. The difficulty curve is HUGE. You go from having objectives that even a toddler could figure out how to do (like driving to the repair shop), to objectives that are quite difficult that force you to either go MLG, or go home (like getting a gold medal in 2 [HARD] events).

Bottom line is that this game does it's job - an adrenaline-pounding racing game that forces you to think fast and push your skills to the limit. Some people will love it, some people will feel rather indifferent (like me), and some people will hate it with a passion.
  35. Sep 19, 2014
    The game looks amazing, and the gameplay is great. However, what's not so great is that you can't pause the game (seriously wtf?!), and you lose all your hard-earned money if you lose.
  36. Dec 30, 2014
    Another amazing addition to the NFS Family! On the PS4. A wonderful must buy game! 10/10! No Flaws! No downsides. So you need to go out to the local game shop and buy this! Now!
  37. Dec 19, 2014
    I got this game at the start of 2014, and I still love going back and playing it. Although there were some challenges in the campaign, nothing was impossible and it ended up being a great experience. The gameplay and controls are fantastic and it is backed up by outstanding graphics. I couldn't find any glitches or lag whatsoever, which for games now is amazing. Unfortunately the map isI got this game at the start of 2014, and I still love going back and playing it. Although there were some challenges in the campaign, nothing was impossible and it ended up being a great experience. The gameplay and controls are fantastic and it is backed up by outstanding graphics. I couldn't find any glitches or lag whatsoever, which for games now is amazing. Unfortunately the map is easy to remember every corner of the map after a while but despite a few minor flaws, NFSR is a fantastic game Expand
  38. Mar 23, 2015
    First off, the game has very good graphics, but sometimes there will be too much effects, like too dramatic clouds or too much particles flying everywhere. But that's not a deal breaker. The gameplay is great. The handling feels good and arcadey. The cops mode has you doing time trials and chasing down racers with your weapons like emp and esf. Racers mode also has weapons, but instead ofFirst off, the game has very good graphics, but sometimes there will be too much effects, like too dramatic clouds or too much particles flying everywhere. But that's not a deal breaker. The gameplay is great. The handling feels good and arcadey. The cops mode has you doing time trials and chasing down racers with your weapons like emp and esf. Racers mode also has weapons, but instead of chasing people, you have to run away from the cops. Racers mode is more challenging than cops mode and can get frustrating when you lose all your SP and points multiplier from getting busted. Overall: 7.8/10 too much water Expand
  39. Apr 5, 2015
    What An Awesomeness Game Need For Speed Rivals Is On PS4 Soo Much Fun Awesome Job Gal's & Guy's I Highly Recommend This Game. & I Love The Fact It Never end's After U complete Racing & Cop Careers. I Like Beating my Own Time's & record's It's soo Realistic The Scenery Is Breath Taking & The Attn To Detail Is Stunning & The Guy Inside The car Steering & Shifting & The Gauges & Stuff Wow!!!What An Awesomeness Game Need For Speed Rivals Is On PS4 Soo Much Fun Awesome Job Gal's & Guy's I Highly Recommend This Game. & I Love The Fact It Never end's After U complete Racing & Cop Careers. I Like Beating my Own Time's & record's It's soo Realistic The Scenery Is Breath Taking & The Attn To Detail Is Stunning & The Guy Inside The car Steering & Shifting & The Gauges & Stuff Wow!!! Need's A Girl Driver To! Lol!! cant Help It I'm Biased. Expand
  40. Nov 19, 2015
    This game is my favorite out of the entire series. A verity of weapons, 2 careers, an array of cars, one huge open world, and a serious but dark story and when you mix all of these it is incredible.

The game revolves around a cop story mode and a racer mode. They are both heavily different with each perspective being different with racers seeing cops nothing more than little dogs chained up on a fence trying to chase the mailman, while cops see racers as a menace of society and it works out too.
    There is over 80 cars in the game and with a frame rate almost with a solid 1080p 30FPS the game runs very well.

Weapons are also very unique with some being reused only for a different task. Such as the EMP and EMP Mine. They can reach up to levels as high as 4 and that's actually pretty decent. Cars look almost realistic but however it contains a sad story in customization zone. You can only customize car paint, wheel paint, some wraps and decals and that's it.

The story mode is separated in to categories that are distinct from other categories in the respected faction. You can rank up to 61 in the game. After beating a rank you will be able to unlock cars or wraps (racers only). Cops get cars for free while racers have to buy them.

The game's multiplayer however is blended in to the single player. That doesn't mean it's online only. Pausing in NFS Rivals is impossible especially when in single player which is kind of a boner killer if you ask me. The game also features easydrive again but it feels better than most wanted '12 with the U.I. on the screen still.

Since this is an EA game lets talk about the glitches. Whenever you are driving at a fast paced rate, the game will sometimes automatically stop you in your tracks while it is going on still. But this doesn't happen to often. There is also quick respawn glitch which doesn't happen often either. Getting stuck out of the map doesn't happen to often either so thank goodness but when you do you're forced to restart the game because what happens is (one situation) you're stuck, that's it. Then, you can move outside the map but the only way to get out is by *coughs x2* killing yourself if you know what I mean.

The cops in the game are aggressive and will do whatever they can to bust you if your on the opposite faction. The game also comes with a multiplier which increase as up are out in the open. Deviation. More points, more money. Speedpoints count as your currency and used to buy upgrades and such.

Easter eggs are also in the game as well.
  41. Aug 26, 2015
    Need for Speed Rivals inserts gamers behind the wheel of both sides of the thin blue line, daring them to cross that line as either a cop or racer in order to gain any advantage in the street’s ultimate rivalry. Players decide between two distinct career experiences, each with its own set of high-stakes challenges, rewards, pursuit tech and cars. The intensity of the action is enhanced asNeed for Speed Rivals inserts gamers behind the wheel of both sides of the thin blue line, daring them to cross that line as either a cop or racer in order to gain any advantage in the street’s ultimate rivalry. Players decide between two distinct career experiences, each with its own set of high-stakes challenges, rewards, pursuit tech and cars. The intensity of the action is enhanced as a result of AllDrive, a feature that destroys the line between single player, co-op and multiplayer. Through AllDrive, friends are connected to one racing world where their races and chases can collide at any time. Expand
  42. Dec 28, 2015
    I'd like the Game, for me, graphics beautiful, with good control, and u can pass sometime front of TV having fun. Good point on this game, is the possibility of drive a Ferrari, thing i never seen before in another NFS.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 13, 2014
    A fast and furious racing game, where cops constantly try to catch the racers. Multiplayer is seamless, but it feels like a single player mode, since you rarely bump (pun intended) into other players. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Need for Speed: Rivals is nothing if not ridiculously dumb fun, but that just makes its multiplayer failings all the more disappointing.
  3. Jan 13, 2014
    So a very good racing game, rather than a great one.