6.3

1. Nov 15, 2013
    Best auto game ever! Works like a charm on PS4. I'm really impressed with the gameplay and the graphics. The multyplayer is very entertaining. A small downside, but nothing to make me not to rate this at 10, are the fps lock at 30. EA execceded my expectations with this new NFS.
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    Awesome game and i'm not from EA. The MP of this game is the best. The only thing that i miss is the music of HP when you were on a pursuit (it was a very good dramatic music). But this is not HP so it's ok. If you liked HP 2010 and MW 2005 you really should try this game.
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    Since rivals is the only racing game on ps4, it may take your free time. Open world is large and beautiful, and you can see most turns clearly, unlike in mw2012. Cars are nice, so is their customization. All drive feature is fun, and since the events are randomly generated, you can drive as long as you like without completing the same event again and again. I wish I had Driveclub, but unfortunately it's been delayed, so nfs is a good temporary replacement and 4 day exclusive to ps4)) Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2013
    This is one of the best racing games I have played in a long time. With all the dissappointing racing games in the need for speed series this was definitely a welcomed addition to the series. Not since Burnout 3 have I had this much fun with a racing game.
  5. Nov 19, 2013
    I've been a huge fan of Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted, and Ghost Studios does a fantastic job of carrying the torch passed to them by Criterion. This game is BEAUTIFUL. On top of that, while it may be similar to past titles, it is the best iteration thus far. I don't mind if it feels similar as long as it keeps it fresh and adds new features, which Rivals definitely delivers on. Thanks Ghost Studios!!!

(P.S. I'm not from EA and I'm not being payed to do this
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    What an amazing game! Non-stop gameplay. I love it! Felt the same when i'm played Hot Pursuit and High Stakes in 90s. This is a truly one of the best NFS in the history. Enjoyable, lovely, stylish. AllDrive with real players is awesome! All cars feels are nicely and realisting, heavy drifty challenger and snappy powerful GT3, its awesome difference, classy! Little things in gameplay are really cool e.g. realistic tires smoke, red-hot brake discs on some cars, living world & enviroment. Great sounds and soundtrack. Boldly give 10! points Expand
  7. Nov 19, 2013
    The racing is somewhat flawless, the cops are aggressive, the roads and environments are beautiful, the personalization options have a lot of depth for a NFS game that isn't Underground (but who wants to put a bodykit on a Aston Martin Vanquish), the car list is pro-exotic and features the newest cars in the world, Ferrari is finally back since Hot Pursuit 2, All-Drive sets the bar for multi-player open world racing games, the car handling is spot on, the story could be better. I love everything about this game.

Not only is this the PS4's best launch title, but it's the best Need for Speed game to date. Better than Underground, Most Wanted,Carbon Hot Pursuit, High Stakes, Shift, Porsche Unleashed. Any NFS game you care to name, this game integrates features from them into the game in some way.
  8. Nov 24, 2013
    Absolutely awesome game, online and off. Some gliches hinder the experience but the graphics and gameplay more than makeup for it. Reminds me of Burnout 3 but for next gen! There is no better feeling than rolling around as a cop and ruining racers(other online players) of their their multipliers. Truely captures the rival aspect of the cop/racer drama.
  9. Nov 24, 2013
    Need for Speed Rivals brings street racing from the perspective of both the racer and the police officers trying to stop them. Supercharged speed machines are everywhere in this game and it really is a challenge.

No seriously... this game provides a challenge, which makes it great! the computer controlled cars will give you a hard time and push you as you advance though the game. You
    can choose to work on the "Racer" or "Cop" portion of the story at any point and switch back and forth at will. That certainly makes things interesting and helps keep the game from getting repetitive.

Possibly my favorite feature is that if you choose to play online, your friends can jump in with you at any point. They can jump in and race against you or as cops and try and take you out! Through multiple races I can see my friends top scores/times and try to beat them.

As far as the car selections, there are plenty... you unlock them quickly as well. You do have spend speed points to get the cars once you unlock them but I have yet to run low on those. Speed points come with completeing tasks and races. Points seem to be plentiful. But just because you have a fast car doesn't mean you will dominate... learning proper driving tactics and using defensive upgrades such as mines and EMP charges will help get you to the finish line.

Overall this game is a blast... while I'm not yet ready to call it the king of racing... I will say it is a must buy!
  10. Feb 2, 2014
    NFS: Rivals puts you in the middle of a small city, a forest in the hills, a snowy mountain, and a desert. The games graphics are massively impressive. The lighting, reflections and shadows are awesome on PC. And the cars look SO much better than anything else I've ever seen. The game also has a system where the time of day changes. So it can be sunrise, sunset, mid day, or night time. The game looks best at sun rise. It's breathtaking how awesome this looks. Most of the roads you ride on are blacktop with a very reflective surface. And you always have some type of debris floating around, whether it be snow, sand, green leaves, brown leaves, or rain. When it does rain, it can be anything from a drizzle to a thunderstorm. The rain looks amazing as does everything else. There is nothing like being a cop chasing a racer through a forest at night, and it's pouring down raining while your sirens are blasting and your engines revving up. It's an awesome experience.

The sounds of the game are also quite impressive. As I've played racing games a good bit, and NFS: Rivals sounds are right on the money. Each car has a different sound and slightly different feel. Some cars are rather slow while others are blazing fast. You won't really hear too much background noise, other than other cars, cops talking, sirens, tire screeches, pursuit tech, and your own car. So you won't be hearing a whole lot of the birds chirping or water or anything like that. Although you can hear thunder if a thunderstorm rolls in, and yes you'll here waterfalls if you go right by them. But most of the time you just hear the radio playing and your own car. So thank goodness the sound track is awesome. I didn't know any of these songs before I played this game, but now I love the songs. The sound track is awesome. Awesome in that I've downloaded these songs and listen to them daily now.

I've searched far and wide for an open world racing game that has the graphical standard I am used to from playing Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, and Metro LL. And this is the only game I can truly recommend. FYI, the next best is NFS: Most Wanted, although the graphics are a definite step down, it still looks better than anything else.

The big downside to this game is the fact that it only runs at 30FPS. There is a "fix" to this where you can set it to whatever FPS you'd like. But if you have it set at 60FPS, and it drops to 59FPS, your game will slow down and your car will start to glitch. And even though I have a GTX780, it still drops to 59FPS every few seconds. Not because of the ability of the card, just because it's throttling to maintain 60FPS, and when you hit a point that gets strenuous, it'll drop to 59 then pop right back up to 60, simply because of the throttling, not the power of the card. So no matter how powerful your graphics card, you'll get this glitch. Although it looks SO much smoother at 60FPS, I run it at 30FPS so my car doesn't slow down and it doesn't glitch out. FYI, if I set the game with a 100FPS cap, the game only runs at about 80-85FPS with a 3570k@4.7Ghz and overclocked GTX780. So NFS: Rivals is a fairly demanding game. And I'm not surprised being that it's based on Battlefield 4's Frost Bite 3 engine. Also, I notice if I use this "fix", and I race online with other people, my car(although it doesn't feel like it to me)is a noticeable amount slower than other online racers. To the point that they beat you easily. Since I've gone back to the regular 30FPS this hasn't happened again. Maybe those players were just THAT good, probably not though.

So between the looks, the sounds, and the gameplay, this is THE best open world racing game to date.
  11. Jan 9, 2014
    Best Need For Speed version yet. The PS4 version is phenomenal and the graphics and audio are mindblowing. Being the cop and chasing racers online is FUN!
    The app that comes with the game (for iOS devices) is a nice touch. Playing this game on remote play is fun but harder since the screen is small so I crash more.
  12. Nov 26, 2013
    This is the most fun I've had with a Need For Speed game since the original Underground came out. The controls are spot on and the gameplay is fun and addicting. The only small qualm I have is it seems to switch host often, interrupting the experience. A small price to pay for the fun you can have, seamlessly switching between racer and cop.
  13. Feb 8, 2014
    It's a GREAT game but for a bug which I found out that I can't drive when I download the patch with the game. So I had to give it a 9 out of 10 but when I got pass that bug it was amazing! I can't believe they used FrostBite 3 To work on a racing game!! The graphics are superb, The Gameplay is solid, The Dialogues ehmm... I ignored those cause I don't like listening to dialogue, the world design is so realistic! and the AI there we some little AI problems but none the less it's still great. Now some people will start screaming that NFS : Rivals IS THE WORST NFS GAME EVER!!! But don't listen to them EA I still trust you even you won the Worst Company Award 2013 again but next time spend a bit more time polishing the game. Expand
  14. Dec 15, 2013
    Great game love it to play i really like the music :D what makes it more fun to play and the handling is really nice of course if you never played NfS before you gonna get into it but its just a regular racing handling
  15. Jan 4, 2014
    Next Gen Racing At Its Best Graphics Look Amazing Gameplay Feels Great This Game Is A Mix Of Hot Pursuit And Most Wanted And Adds A Few Online Features Definitely Worth Checking Out On The PS4 If Youre Going To Get Any Version Because Of The Realism Of The Graphics
  16. Dec 29, 2013
    Great game once you get the handles and control of the cars down. Can be annoying when you need to save your money by getting to home base, but other than a few game-play flaws the game syncs perfectly with the ps4 system. Anyone looking for a racing title for the ps4 launch this is the one!
  17. Mar 2, 2014
    BEST RACING GAME EVER!
    I tried all racing game but this is.. this is... EXCELLENT!!
    Players like game such as Call of Duty because aren't tried it!!
    If a CoD player tried it... he love it!!!
  18. May 21, 2014
    This game is really awesome! Graphics is very good and gameplay is really exciting. You can feel like a real racer. If you like car games you must try it.

1. Feb 13, 2014
    A fast and furious racing game, where cops constantly try to catch the racers. Multiplayer is seamless, but it feels like a single player mode, since you rarely bump (pun intended) into other players. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 13, 2014
    Need for Speed: Rivals is nothing if not ridiculously dumb fun, but that just makes its multiplayer failings all the more disappointing.
  3. Jan 13, 2014
    So a very good racing game, rather than a great one.