7.8

1. Nov 15, 2013
    2nd Best launch title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the game is a next generation stardust ultra hd what's more to say,addiction simply is not enough to maintain this game!
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    Fun, fast, and addictive. Pushing hard to get all trophies. Easily a 10 especially given the price. Everyone should pick it up, you won't regret it.
  3. Nov 17, 2013
    When I saw this game would be free I was excited because I've always liked shooters. What I didn't know was this would become my favorite game of all the launch titles. Fast paced, support fun. And there are tons of tiny nuances to getting the high score. It all adds up to be an unmissable experience
  4. Nov 17, 2013
    Resogun is crack. Plain and simple. Gameplay is intense and sufficiently challenging, with the boss levels being extra difficult. Online co-op is a blast as well. The visuals, however, have stuck with me all weekend long, even when I'm not playing the game. Best launch title, IMHO.
  5. Nov 17, 2013
    PURE ADDICTION!!

PURE ADDICTION!!

We had a number of games to play on PS4 launch, and Resogun got the most replay. Offering a unique approach to side scroll shooters, this little nugget will have you coming back for more and more. Turning the tables on classic Galaga style, adding combo multiplyers, ninja dodging, all whilst saving the human race. You'll understand what Hair Raising Experience I'm talking about when you are hurling humans through the air for a solid dunk!
  6. Nov 16, 2013
    So Many Damn Voxels! The soundtrack is awesome, the effects, and the voxel apocalypse. Also it is free with psn+ :d The controls are great as well :D
  7. Nov 16, 2013
    I never expected a side scoller to be one of my favorites from Sony's exclusive list but it has. It's right up there and Playstation Plus makes it free! A good game that's free, you don't see that every day. This game is a great addition made by PS and I recommend anyone who has it to play and even if you don't have PS+, it's only $15 for a game that will give you a lot of fun just likeI never expected a side scoller to be one of my favorites from Sony's exclusive list but it has. It's right up there and Playstation Plus makes it free! A good game that's free, you don't see that every day. This game is a great addition made by PS and I recommend anyone who has it to play and even if you don't have PS+, it's only $15 for a game that will give you a lot of fun just like in the old arcade games you and your friends used to play at the local Pizza Hut, instead it looks next gen.

This game for $15 and free for PS+ gets a 10/10. Can't wait to play some more Resogun.
  8. Nov 16, 2013
    WARNING... This is an extremely addicting game and by far the best launch title for the PS4... Even Better than the Titles. Pure graphic power house and easily able to pick up the gameplay for anyone.
  9. Nov 16, 2013
    Very fun! One of the best ps4 games so far! It is very addicting though!! If you get a ps4 get this game or you are doing it wrong! If you are a fan of super star dust HD then you will be a fan of this game, I can say that without a doubt!
  10. Nov 18, 2013
    Old school arcade FUN. This game is addictive ive been playing for Hours with my friends, its challenging yet satisfying. Buy this game its really good.
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is amazing. The visuals are very impressive, there is a significant amount of strategy to the gameplay, and chasing high scores between your friends is really fun and addicting.
  12. Nov 17, 2013
    So I get 30days free PS+ on top of buying a year launch to get the free $10 PSN store credit & the 1st thing I do is download the 2 FREE games, Contrast & Resogun. Honestly it's late (2am) & I've been downloading updates & getting PSN error messages from all the midnight launch hubbub so I'm thinking about just checking out Resogun real quick & heading to bed...next thing I know it's 4amSo I get 30days free PS+ on top of buying a year launch to get the free $10 PSN store credit & the 1st thing I do is download the 2 FREE games, Contrast & Resogun. Honestly it's late (2am) & I've been downloading updates & getting PSN error messages from all the midnight launch hubbub so I'm thinking about just checking out Resogun real quick & heading to bed...next thing I know it's 4am & I've been sucked into the coolest rotating dual-stick shooter you could ever hope for!!! This game had My controller talk to Me for the 1st time ever lol SOLD!!!! :D Expand
  13. Nov 16, 2013
    I've never had this much fun just using the thumbsticks. my heart races everytime. I can't wait to see what they do with this game in the future. Free for PS plus members at launch makes it even better. must see
  14. Nov 18, 2013
    Resogun BLEW ME AWAY! When I watched the first gameplay I thought "Wow this looks like 20 minutes of kinda fun" But wow I have been playing this game for hours! I have played it more than killzone, blacklight, warframe, and dc universe. This is probably my favorite playstation plus game I've ever gotten. If your skeptical PLAY IT! You wont be disappointed with it.
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    This is a great game with tons of addictive gameplay and challenging trophies. Very pleased with the co op online as well. Not to mention the graphics! All the particle effects really tie the game together.
  16. Nov 18, 2013
    The game makes use of the PS4's power by featuring a storm of enemies, particles and explosions on screen all at once. The action can be hard to follow at first but you ease into it the longer you play. The mechanics are incredibly refined with 3 ships that offer a solid amount of variety. The levels themselves are fairly similar. The game is pretty addictive in a trance way and probablyThe game makes use of the PS4's power by featuring a storm of enemies, particles and explosions on screen all at once. The action can be hard to follow at first but you ease into it the longer you play. The mechanics are incredibly refined with 3 ships that offer a solid amount of variety. The levels themselves are fairly similar. The game is pretty addictive in a trance way and probably the best ps4 exclusive at launch. Expand
  17. Nov 28, 2013
    I have some bias in that I'm willing to play shoot 'em ups but I never dedicate the same amount of time to them as other genres. Resogun is genuinely fun and no added cost for PS+ makes it senseless not to get it.

The game play is charmingly simple with some room for player skill progression, slow-mo scenes are infectiously exciting and fist pumping but if you don't like the genre you probably won't stick with it much. There's not a ton of content beyond getting better at the game through practice. It's a genre piece to its core. Pretty and fun but simple.
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    Don't judge a book by it's cover. I've rarely agreed with this statement as much as I do in the case of Resogun. Every single trailer I saw for this game make it look boring, graphically unimpressive, and unoriginal. Boy, was I wrong. It's not until you're sitting on your couch, with the controller in your hand, maybe with a few friends who's scores you want to beat, that you reallyDon't judge a book by it's cover. I've rarely agreed with this statement as much as I do in the case of Resogun. Every single trailer I saw for this game make it look boring, graphically unimpressive, and unoriginal. Boy, was I wrong. It's not until you're sitting on your couch, with the controller in your hand, maybe with a few friends who's scores you want to beat, that you really appreciate Resogun.

As someone who hasn't played a shoot-em-up since Dead Nation or Star Fox 64, I thoroughly enjoyed Resogun and everything it had to offer. But I'm a gamer who enjoys a challenge, and this game might not be for everyone, because it's damn hard. But that's the fun of it. It's a treat to play the same level over and over again. It's awesome watching twenty enemies all being blasted in to hundreds of tiny pieces at once. You know it's a great game when you die at the final boss, and have no problem pressing the "Restart Level" button.
  19. Dec 8, 2013
    Great game that comes FREE for PS+ subscribers. Excellent visuals and sound, fun to play but not a typical blockbuster game. It really resembles Super Stardust. This game can get a bit boring very quickly as you get the point rather early. Since it's free no real debate here. And if you don't have PS+, get it now.
  20. Jan 29, 2014
    This game is Gorgeously beautiful! Sticking to the very basics of controls and it just flourishes by sucking you into the gameplay as if you had play it for a while. it's Extremely intuitive.

Saving the human part might just be a secondary mission but it just bites you whenever u lose 1. The downsides are a little too short in length and a few lacklustre boss fights. but all in all

The downsides are a little too short in length and a few lacklustre boss fights. but all in all its a must play & own game!
  21. Nov 30, 2013
    What a brilliantly free surprise for buying the PS4 early! It brings back memories of arcade hall nostalgia with a slick simplicity that is utterly addictive. I've yet to turn on the console without playing it and smile likea 12 year old boy during most of my sessions with it. It's a lesson to devs that you don't have to reinvent a game to be fun AND next gen. One of my favs this year!
  22. Dec 9, 2013
    Out of all the games I am currently playing on Playstation 4 right now, Resogun has taken the most of my time. The gameplay is fun and addictive with extremely high replay value. The fact this game is free with Playstation Plus is just ridiculous, if you don't have it downloaded, you are truly missing out on one of the greatest indie games the Playstation 4 has to offer.
  23. Jan 20, 2014
    An old school type game with a next gen feel and look to it. Being able to play with your friends, compete with them or against them trying to beat their score. What more do you want. I'm hooked for life!
  24. Jan 16, 2014
    A game based on skill, Resogun is probably if not the best, one of the best of its genre. It redefines it, brings a whole lotta cool ideas on the table, looks amazing and unique and is one of the best PS4 launch titles.

The only drawbacks is that it has only five stages and on co-op it kinda looks chaotic (both in a good and a bad way).

Addictive as hell. Save the last humans...
  25. Jan 16, 2014
    Hardcore old school game. Best game on ps4 and best shooter since Blazing Lazers for TurboGrafx-16 back in 1989. Save the last human get er done. The use of the controller speaker is a nice touch as well. This is free with PS Plus so You have nothing to loose giving it a shot.
  26. Dec 4, 2013
    When I first saw this game I instantly thought of the obvious comparison: Galaga. I loved playing Galaga but it couldn't hold my attention past maybe the first 2 levels. This game however, held my attention for much, much longer. scales very well with each level and each difficulty setting. Saving the humans is a cool addition to mindlessly flying around and shooting enemy ships. NiceWhen I first saw this game I instantly thought of the obvious comparison: Galaga. I loved playing Galaga but it couldn't hold my attention past maybe the first 2 levels. This game however, held my attention for much, much longer. scales very well with each level and each difficulty setting. Saving the humans is a cool addition to mindlessly flying around and shooting enemy ships. Nice graphics and sounds as well. Expand
  27. Jan 30, 2014
    Holy cow, the makers of Super Stardust have done it again. Top-notch visuals, graphics, gameplay, and soundtrack. if you can only buy 1 digital game (if you're not a PLUS member), this is the game. one of the best shooters in 2013. the only thing to be wary about is the high difficulty. this game will kick your butt but you will have fun and want to play again. also, if you're going forHoly cow, the makers of Super Stardust have done it again. Top-notch visuals, graphics, gameplay, and soundtrack. if you can only buy 1 digital game (if you're not a PLUS member), this is the game. one of the best shooters in 2013. the only thing to be wary about is the high difficulty. this game will kick your butt but you will have fun and want to play again. also, if you're going for the Platinum on this game, good luck. try beating the entire game without dying once. Expand
  28. Dec 8, 2013
    Excellent side scroller that takes advantage of the huge leap forward in graphics ability of the system. Very challenging and co-op is awesome. I would like to see some additional levels in the future bit for a free game for PS+ can't really be a big gripe. Overall, very competent with more than a little replay-ability. I keep coming back to this game over and over.
  29. Dec 6, 2013
    The most addicting game on PS4 right now and it's free. I was skeptical when I first saw Resogun because of all the hype it was getting. After playing it though I can honestly it is easily one of the best PS4 launch games and a game someone can invest a lot of hours into. It looks beautiful and plays well too. The levels are interesting and the music is also great. Definitely a must haveThe most addicting game on PS4 right now and it's free. I was skeptical when I first saw Resogun because of all the hype it was getting. After playing it though I can honestly it is easily one of the best PS4 launch games and a game someone can invest a lot of hours into. It looks beautiful and plays well too. The levels are interesting and the music is also great. Definitely a must have if you bought a PS4. Expand
  30. Dec 1, 2013
    I picked it just to check it out. i saw gamplay before and was expecting that I will not like it. And then I played it and then i loved it! Amazing detailed and fun game! Try it, it will take only couple of minutes but it will be worth it.
  31. Mar 17, 2014
    The gameplay is accessible, addictive intense and fun. The particle effects are extraordinary and the soundtrack is great. The best PS4 launch game and an overall great game.
  32. Feb 4, 2014
    I am not much of a shooter game guy, but this is a simple fun game to pick up. Easy controls and concept. It does get harder as you go, so don't think it's a walk in the park. I consider this game to be a "break" game. A game that is fun enough to enjoy while you take a break from a bigger game. I do recommend this game to the casual gamer. Also has online multiplayer.

Instagram: Game_Row
  33. Nov 16, 2013
    Resogun. What can I say? I'd heard reports of it possibly being the best PS4 launch title but I was skeptical. After spending several hours with the game I can honestly say that I'm blown away. This "little" game is beautiful, controls well, and most importantly, fun. So much fun! The only negative is that it doesn't take long to complete all the levels, but there's plenty of incentive toResogun. What can I say? I'd heard reports of it possibly being the best PS4 launch title but I was skeptical. After spending several hours with the game I can honestly say that I'm blown away. This "little" game is beautiful, controls well, and most importantly, fun. So much fun! The only negative is that it doesn't take long to complete all the levels, but there's plenty of incentive to replay them. Play it! Expand
  34. Nov 22, 2013
    Let me be blunt with you; this game is VERY FUN. It goes on the style game-play of Defender: flying horizontally, shooting enemies coming from both sides and saving humans. I was surprised this game was called Resogun and not Defender HD. If you're a fan of vertical or horizontal shooters, you will definitely enjoy Resogun. The graphics are stunning, the music is wonderful and has veryLet me be blunt with you; this game is VERY FUN. It goes on the style game-play of Defender: flying horizontally, shooting enemies coming from both sides and saving humans. I was surprised this game was called Resogun and not Defender HD. If you're a fan of vertical or horizontal shooters, you will definitely enjoy Resogun. The graphics are stunning, the music is wonderful and has very solid gameplay.

I think the best part about Resogun are the bosses. Each boss works like a puzzle and you have to figure out where to shoot and how to avoid projectiles. The game may be short on levels, but you may find yourself repeating the same levels, trying to save all of the human or achieving a high score (which I find useless nowadays because the leaders on every game are always 999,999,999,999 points.

With the fact that this game is free with PlayStation Plus, it is a wonderful title to have with your PS4 collection. I suggest setting aside those AAA titles every once and a while and try out these indie games because that's one of the reasons you bought a PS4. Right?
  35. Feb 25, 2014
    I really enjoy it! It's fun and addicting but if you go for the 100% completion you're gonna have a bad time... Hard as hell to get 1cc and the 15 multiplier trophy
  36. Jan 3, 2014
    Such a great arcade shooter! I definitely recommend this game. Very fast paced and fun plus its free if you have psn+! The music is very fun and perfect for the game.
  37. Nov 16, 2013
    For what this game is supposed to be it's definitely a 10. There is absolutely no excuse for giving it anything less, unless the complaint is it's length. This game is pure eye candy and it's challenging as hell.
  38. Nov 18, 2013
    It's very addictive game, so be sure to eat and go to restroom before playing it))) Gameplay is pretty simple, but it gives you a lot of fun. Nine out of ten.
  39. CNS
    Nov 15, 2013
    This game shows that gameplay is king, and my god is this game addicting. its insanely fun chasing high scores and getting all those trophies. it is a great way to keep yourself entertained and rack up some PS4 trophies.
  40. Dec 4, 2013
    Excellent launch title. Very very addictive, the music is great and even on experienced with two players it's very very challenging. The bosses that I've fought against so far are intelligent and quite well designed. Could play this for hours without getting bored. One of the must have titles for PS4.
  41. Jan 5, 2014
    Thais game looks beautiful you really have to pay attention to the fine details. I do take inconsideration that this is an indie title, if you had to pay $60 for this game then you would probably feel a little ripped off but at the price points that it sells for I think you get a really fun game that gets crazy when you turn the difficulty up. If your a fan of galaga or super star dustThais game looks beautiful you really have to pay attention to the fine details. I do take inconsideration that this is an indie title, if you had to pay $60 for this game then you would probably feel a little ripped off but at the price points that it sells for I think you get a really fun game that gets crazy when you turn the difficulty up. If your a fan of galaga or super star dust then this game is right up your ally, and if your a plus member you really can't beat the price "free". Expand
  42. Apr 9, 2014
    Resogun is a very solid shooter with a lot of great music. I got a little bored with the game after about 3 hours with it, but for a free game, you can't pass it up.
  43. Nov 18, 2013
    This game perfectly captures that old Arcade feel. Graphics are phenomenal. Blowing up dozens of enemies and watching their particles float across the screen is mesmerizing. The gameplay is easy to grasp and understand. Easily one of the best Arcade games on the PS4 as of now. If you have PS+, you definitely need to download this game!
  44. Dec 10, 2013
    Very Fun Easy to pick up and play great time killer

enjoyable for the casual or hardcore gamer at least for a couple of plays

my gf isn't much of a gamer but does enjoy certain titles and this is one of them
  45. Feb 20, 2014
    Very repetitive and quite boring. It's okay but I get tired of quickly. Average graphics, horrible music. Very level looks the same, just as most enemies.
  46. Jan 4, 2014
    Resogun is a great little game. Fun, easy to pick up and play yet challenging in later levels. You play as a space craft armed with a number of weapons and upgrades found during battle. The objective is to save humans from an invading alien force on a rotating game screen. Graphically the game is very polished and lots goes on with out any slowdown. Resogun is all about high scores andResogun is a great little game. Fun, easy to pick up and play yet challenging in later levels. You play as a space craft armed with a number of weapons and upgrades found during battle. The objective is to save humans from an invading alien force on a rotating game screen. Graphically the game is very polished and lots goes on with out any slowdown. Resogun is all about high scores and offers addictive Atari Arcade style gameplay to satisfy high score chasers. The game has some cool features like sound through the gamepad. The controls are responsive and any death is only caused by your own fault, the game is never unfair as it gives you all the tools and movement required to play well, the rest is down to your own skill. My only quarrel is that since I have paid a fortune for a brand new next gen console, this really does feel like a it belongs in a 70's arcade cabinet. And I don’t mean that in an insulting way, it's just not going to impress people who are unsure about purchasing a next gen console. When my buddies come round to check out my PS4 I show them Trine 2 in 3D, Battlefield 4 or Assassins Creed Black Flag to show off my shiny new PS4, I keep this hidden. There are a some impressive use of graphics like when you defeat a boss and the entire screen explodes into a mix of colour and tiny blocks while the space craft soars through. The backgrounds are nice yet dark and the destruction is done well. The other problem for me is, despite it been a well made, fun little game, I'm just not bothering to play it. I've had it since launch but have only put in two-three hours or so gameplay.

Obviously these are just my opinions and if you are a fan of arcade shooters and high score chasing this could be the perfect game for you. And for free on PSN you can’t complain.
  47. Nov 18, 2013
    The game is fine, but I don't see myself coming back to it. It plays very similarly to Defender, but since I don't like shmups, I got bored pretty quickly. It's a great game to show off to friends and family, but I don't think I would play much of it on my own.
  48. Jan 25, 2014
    while this game features some kickass music, that's pretty much all it's got going for it. being that this is an arcade type game, there's no real story, the objective is to save all the humans. the gameplay, whic is the most important aspect of this type of game, is alright at best, and be incredibly boring at times.i got it for free so i can't complain too much, however this game is notwhile this game features some kickass music, that's pretty much all it's got going for it. being that this is an arcade type game, there's no real story, the objective is to save all the humans. the gameplay, whic is the most important aspect of this type of game, is alright at best, and be incredibly boring at times.i got it for free so i can't complain too much, however this game is not worth paying for at all. Expand
  49. Dec 2, 2013
    Resogun essential tries to be a retro throwback whilst making the most of PS4 capabilities for particle effects and such. Impressive initially, perhaps designed to show off to your friends. Graphics are as good as they can be for a side scrolling space shooter. Music is what you would expect, not really anything unique there. The action, pace, skill involved in the game is good andResogun essential tries to be a retro throwback whilst making the most of PS4 capabilities for particle effects and such. Impressive initially, perhaps designed to show off to your friends. Graphics are as good as they can be for a side scrolling space shooter. Music is what you would expect, not really anything unique there. The action, pace, skill involved in the game is good and provides a challenge but this is to be expected by default in my opinion. They do however mix it up a little with extra gameplay elements like rescuing tiny green humans it just adds something else to do and break up the action which is good. I can't really see any replay value beyond beating other peoples scores, this is kind of archaic in my opinion. As a quick, fun game to play occasionally and nail some high scores Resogun works very well. In all fairness I don't think it tries to be anything more than that. Expand
  50. Mar 21, 2014
    I'm not a big fan of arcade games in general but I thought I'd give this one a try because of the hype around it.

I finished it in a few hours and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. If I'd have to define a mediocre game I'd immediately point at this one. The gameplay is acceptable, the graphics are acceptable (for an arcade game) and there is almost no story behind it. Big

Big 5 for this game. Big!
  51. Dec 4, 2013
    it's a side scrolling shooter, standard NES style 1 hit death limited lives style side scrolling shooter. the game is beautiful, simple, and best of all, FREE with psn+.

the game really shines in co-op. but with only like 5 levels, it isn't as stellar as people try to make it out to be. if you want to rate a game fairly, you have to rate it at it's actual price ($15 for this) but

if you want to rate a game fairly, you have to rate it at it's actual price ($15 for this) but since it's free from the start, i'm rating it as a free game.

7/10 and being generous about it.
  52. Jan 16, 2014
    this is an alright game but not really anything groundbreaking. my friends enjoy it when they come over or if i bring the ps4 out. seems like a good game to play for 20 minutes or so.

it's decent but it's really nothing special. great free title overall but tons of stuff like this out on steam already. i prefer this as a PSplus freebie over don't starve 10x over, at least it's an exclusive game.

check it out if you can.
  53. Nov 29, 2013
    Resogun is a fun addictive game that brings you back in time to side scroller games like gladius on the NES, its not a game youll play for hours on end but it is a game you'll play for a hour or so to kill time. its fun entertaining and has amazing graphics. Not to mention free atm for ps+
  54. Mar 22, 2014
    This game is nothing special except for that gorgeous particle effect which I soon felt eye-tired of.
    The gameplay is too short(normally within 2 hours for casual player), which is fine considering it is free for PS Plus members.
  55. Dec 23, 2013
    It's very nice game but not very original. Have a lot good times with this game earn platinum. Very good idea is put co op but only can play via internet.
  56. Jan 2, 2014
    This is one of the most fun games out for the playstation 4 right now. if your dont have a ps4 or dont have this game i would recommend the console for this game and the other eclusives
  57. Jan 19, 2014
    I played this game and it was fun, I remember back in the day when I was a youngster and in my teen years I would have loved this. But now I am a 45 year old gamer and I need something with a bit more story line and strategy with it. But this game is probably loads of fun...for younger gamers and some older ones may like it also, just not my cup of tea or should I say game.
  58. Jan 21, 2014
    Great old school fun with a new school sound and look, this is my go to game when I just want to feel like I'm at the arcades again, it also has co-op but I didn't try it yet, the single player is a lot of fun and offers a nice variety of ways to tackle stages. You have 3 unique ships all with their different play styles. This is one of those games that is easy to pick up and a lot of funGreat old school fun with a new school sound and look, this is my go to game when I just want to feel like I'm at the arcades again, it also has co-op but I didn't try it yet, the single player is a lot of fun and offers a nice variety of ways to tackle stages. You have 3 unique ships all with their different play styles. This is one of those games that is easy to pick up and a lot of fun but hard to master on the higher difficulty settings, it's pretty addicting and worth the small price or if you have ps+ Expand
  59. Feb 21, 2014
    I saw a negative review that complained about the lack of story in Resogun. Newsflash.....Pac Man, Space Invaders, Missile Command, Asteroids, Centipede, Donkey Kong, and Dig Dug didn't have a story either. But they are legendary games nonetheless. And so is Resogun. It's an arcade game. Actually, it's Defender on anabolic steroids. And it's amazing. Looks great, plays great, and addictiveI saw a negative review that complained about the lack of story in Resogun. Newsflash.....Pac Man, Space Invaders, Missile Command, Asteroids, Centipede, Donkey Kong, and Dig Dug didn't have a story either. But they are legendary games nonetheless. And so is Resogun. It's an arcade game. Actually, it's Defender on anabolic steroids. And it's amazing. Looks great, plays great, and addictive as Walt White's blue meth. If you want a story, go play an RPG. If you want to be challenged by a completely skill-based old-time shooter and get your mind blown by new-tech visuals, then play Resogun. Expand
  60. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The best exclusive game on PS4. It hasn't plot, only saving the last humans. It hasn't nex-generation game play but it's great. Music is good. I recommend this game. Expand
  61. Feb 22, 2014
    This game is good. Not exceptional, not terrible, but for free - you can't go wrong. All of the particles falling from the screen at one time is quite impressive, though the game is not addictive, and i don't see myself going back to play again too soon.
  62. Mar 19, 2014
    Amazingly addictive and challenging Resogun provides a real sense of enjoyment and is a must buy for the PS4.

While being both rewarding and on higher levels, totally unforgiving, the game is a perfect balance of being a great feat and yet highly rewarding.
  63. Nov 14, 2014
    Had fun with this one but beat it too quickly - few hours. Replay wasn't fun enough for me to beat it twice. Too bad because it sounds and looks great - gameplay just doesn't keep up. Get it when on sale.
  64. Dec 23, 2013
    One of the most addicting and frustratingly hard games of the next generation games. The visuals are stellar, and the controls are tight and responsive. Everything you can ever ask for in an arcade style game.
  65. May 1, 2014
    I must say that for a side scroller that this game is pretty fun. I played on Veteran and it was crazy... The amount of enemies attack you all at once will get your heart going, quick reflexes and using your tools wisely like boost, overdrive and bombs are fun..... It's very hard if you play on tougher difficulty and the trophies are fun to get.. I platinumed the game and was proud ofI must say that for a side scroller that this game is pretty fun. I played on Veteran and it was crazy... The amount of enemies attack you all at once will get your heart going, quick reflexes and using your tools wisely like boost, overdrive and bombs are fun..... It's very hard if you play on tougher difficulty and the trophies are fun to get.. I platinumed the game and was proud of myself..

My only problem with the game would be sometimes there is so much going on,on the screen that out of nowhere a bullet or something hits you and you cant see it through all the explosions and since this is a one hit kill game it can get frustrating, especially if you are trying to beat the game without losing all your lives.... Also sometimes when you are trying to get your multiplier up you can lose it from there being no enemies on the screen.. The game will have like 400 enemies attacking you at one time and the next minute there may not be any and it doesn't take long before your multiplier resets to 1.00.... Or it could be I just suck at getting my multiplier up.lol..

The game is short with 5 levels but there is a lot of replayability especially if you are a trophy hunter. There are also leaderboards and 3 different ships to try with different strengths and weaknesses.

I suggest everyone to at least give it a try.. I didn't think I was going to like this game before I tried it and I am glade I did because it is awesome..
  66. Feb 13, 2016
    Often referred to as the 'bullet hell' genre Resogun puts the player (and a co-op partner should they choose) in control of a spaceship and charges them with defeating waves on enemies that come from the left and right of the screen in order to compete each level. The game is decent enough, and I'm sure fans of the genre will enjoy it, but I couldn't help feel as though I'd seen everythingOften referred to as the 'bullet hell' genre Resogun puts the player (and a co-op partner should they choose) in control of a spaceship and charges them with defeating waves on enemies that come from the left and right of the screen in order to compete each level. The game is decent enough, and I'm sure fans of the genre will enjoy it, but I couldn't help feel as though I'd seen everything the game has to offer a hundred times before. The chance to play co-op was welcome but even that wasn't enough to keep me playing this game for all that long. Expand
  67. Mar 24, 2014
    Stunning, fast, addictive, re-playable, fun an excellent welcome to the next gen, if you have ps plus don't doubt play this game, try to beat the master difficult can be quite challenging but very rewarding
  68. Dec 14, 2013
    This is the 2013 edition of Defender. If you stood in front of an arcade cabinet in the 80's dropping quarters, frantically trying to save the humanoids, this game is for you. With jaw dropping visuals and a solid soundtrack, Housemarque has redefined the shooter genre. And if you are a PS plus member, you can purchase this for Free ninety nine. Download this game now.
  69. Dec 14, 2013
    At the U.S. launch I got Killzone, Call of Duty, and Battlefield 4. As a perk for buying the PS4 we got Resogun and Contrast for free. While I enjoyed all these games (minus Contrast which I haven't tried) my favorite so far is Resogun, I love this game and I can't stop playing it even after getting the platinum trophy for it.

The game is very simple and yet so hard. You fly in one of

The game is very simple and yet so hard. You fly in one of three ships that you can choose, in spherical stages. Enemy ships will spawn and you've got to kill them before they kill you. There's five stages, each with their own unique enemies. Each stage has ten humans that are being held captive and it's up to you rescue them. Each human that is rescued gives you either a points bonus, a shield, an extra life, or a bomb. You rescue humans by killing the keepers (they glow green) or by reaching a specific amount of multiplier, which opens up a cage and a human hops out and you have to pick them up and carry them to a transporter. Each stage ends with a boss fight, and the bosses are fun and challenging depending on which ship you chose.

The graphics are simply amazing and the music is perfect for this game. The developers have said that the PS3 isn't powerful enough to play this game. The music is so good and it keeps you pumped up and helps you stay awake and alert. The music reminds me of the soundtrack from Tron: Legacy.

There's 5 difficulty levels (rookie, experienced, veteran, master, hero) so if the default experienced difficulty is too hard for you then you'll probably enjoy rookie more. The only level I haven't tried yet is hero because even though I platinumed this game I'm still not good enough to unlock hero, you have to beat Master without using continues which is really hard to do. I'm practicing every day to improve my skills so that I can unlock hero. Also competing against your own personal records and the records from the world's top players is a ton of fun although I'm scared of what's going to happen once the Japanese get their hands on this game on February 22, 2014
  70. Nov 27, 2013
    This is a fun little time sink that I personally can only play in spurts. It's very good at what it does and there's no denying it's one of the best shump's in awhile. I got it for free with plus so that factored in to my score but would I have bought the game for it's full price? Probably. It's easily the best PSN game on the PS4 right now but that's not saying alot. This game wouldThis is a fun little time sink that I personally can only play in spurts. It's very good at what it does and there's no denying it's one of the best shump's in awhile. I got it for free with plus so that factored in to my score but would I have bought the game for it's full price? Probably. It's easily the best PSN game on the PS4 right now but that's not saying alot. This game would definitely benefit from waiting till more PSN games come out to challenge it on the market but, till then, this is a very fun game. Expand
  71. Jun 10, 2014
    The best game on PS4 for a long time. I played it through approximately 5 times and learned more each time. It has the best graphics of any of the launch and 2013 games (as far as indie or small purchase). The controls were amazing and great utilization of colours and sound on the controller.
  72. Dec 17, 2013
    for those old enough... it's Defender on steroids...

a nice breakaway from modern games when you want to relax with some good old 'shoot 'em up' arcade type gaming...
  73. Jan 13, 2014
    I liked the game. It has 5 levels with 5 different difficulties. You unlock the Master difficulty after completing all levels on Veteran difficulty. Then unlock Hero after completing all levels on Master.
    And it is really challenging. Believe me you’ll keep cursing the game the more difficult it gets level after level
    You are a human saviour however sometimes you’ll say screw them I need
    You are a human saviour however sometimes you’ll say screw them I need to live. It is a funny game and the graphics are beautiful.
    It’s free for PS Plus members so go get it.
  74. Jun 11, 2014
    The game is different from what I thought it would be but it turned out a little better than I expected. The gameplay is a lot weirder than I thought. But when i got the hang of it, it became a lot of fun. Its definitely not a game that I would play for hours on end, but for a very reasonable amount of time to enjoy it!
  75. Mar 25, 2014
    This game defines the phrase "don't judge a game by its cover". Once you play this game you don't stop. You will love this game once you start playing it and the difficulties change it up every time including the bosses getting harder with more hit points and moves they throw at you. Play with friends too. They help on harder difficulties especially master.
  76. Jan 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In short, Resogun is the next evolution of Defender. It is quite possibly better even than the original Defender, and most certainly catchier and more fun than the Defender clones out there besides Resogun, which makes its own mark on that title. Three ships, simple gameplay, and the promise of a glorious battle are what make Resogun replayable and memorable in the PS4's otherwise decent lineup. Definitely my tied for first or second favorite title in the launch pool because of the beauty in graphics, the simple aim, and the classic combat and hectic bullet-hell like shooting going on. The skill curve and the already difficult, ramped up combat only serve to make it more fun and energizing to play. Having a great run will fill you with adrenaline like nothing else this past year. An excellent title and well-crafted launch game. Expand
  77. Jan 18, 2014
    Simple, fun and addictive arcade shooter that is free for Playstation plus members. There's really nothing why you should not like this game!
  78. Dec 29, 2013
    Actually one of the best on the PS4 and a PS4 exclusive, the game is beautiful with explosions and voxels or whatever they're called all over the screen.

Game is simple, Save the humans is your only objective but on the hardest difficulty, the game can get ridiculously hard. Game has the option of Co-op too
  79. Dec 23, 2013
    Can't get enough of his game, it is an absolute blast! Resogun was the first thing I fired up after getting the PS4 and I haven't been able to put it down.
  80. Nov 12, 2015
    This game has a real nostalgic arcade feel, it's easy to play and hard to master. I'm doing my review now with and there are big additions to the game to keep you going back for more and DLC that add more modes in.

If you like classic arcade shooters where the aim of the game is to get a high score then this is the game for you. It's a credit to the old skool shooters and is easily up there with what I would consider and essential purchase for any 'gamer'.
  81. Feb 25, 2014
    Resogun is one of the most addictive games I've played in a very long time. It's fun, fast paced and requires reflexes, concentration and dedication. It also looks graphically a really great game. It plays like an old school arcade space shoot em up. This game is pure game, it's all about getting the highest score possible and beating your friends high scores. Also it's addictive to getResogun is one of the most addictive games I've played in a very long time. It's fun, fast paced and requires reflexes, concentration and dedication. It also looks graphically a really great game. It plays like an old school arcade space shoot em up. This game is pure game, it's all about getting the highest score possible and beating your friends high scores. Also it's addictive to get all the trophies which can be a good challenge. It's easily one of the PS4's best exclusives and even games to date. All I have to say is pick it up and save the last humans. Expand
  82. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is arcade perfection. Absolutely gorgeous with amazing, fun game play. If you love chasing high scores and improving them then this game is absolutely for you. This is on of the best PlayStation exclusive games ever released. Do yourself a favor and pick up the season pass as well if you find you like the base game. It takes this from a 9 to a perfect 10 out of 10 with the addedThis game is arcade perfection. Absolutely gorgeous with amazing, fun game play. If you love chasing high scores and improving them then this game is absolutely for you. This is on of the best PlayStation exclusive games ever released. Do yourself a favor and pick up the season pass as well if you find you like the base game. It takes this from a 9 to a perfect 10 out of 10 with the added content and fun new game modes that really mix things up. Expand
  83. Feb 11, 2014
    If your after a fast paced traditionally styled shooter then this is the game for you, its fast its colourful and will only take you a little while to complete. But there are leaderboards to compete against, online co-op mode if you like to keep things spicy. the graphics are simple but stunning, everytime you blast an enemy it breaks up in real time and looks sweet. It's one of thoseIf your after a fast paced traditionally styled shooter then this is the game for you, its fast its colourful and will only take you a little while to complete. But there are leaderboards to compete against, online co-op mode if you like to keep things spicy. the graphics are simple but stunning, everytime you blast an enemy it breaks up in real time and looks sweet. It's one of those games in which you only have to play for 15 minutes then put down, its quite the gem. Expand
  84. Dec 25, 2013
    Resogun is a dual stick shooter I picked up for free at the PS4 launch. It's short but incredibly fun once you figure out what's going on. It's got a fast, almost frantic pace, but you have just enough options to mix things up and escape tight spots.

Using the left stick, you move a small fighter plane around a series of circular arenas. Pushing the right stick in a direction fires your innumerable weapons against your even more innumerable foes. In the midst of this, you're supposed to pick up human survivors and get them to safe spots.

For anyone into fast-paced arcade-style games, I'd call it well worth checking out.
  85. Jun 23, 2015
    I really love this game because I'm a big fan of side-scrolling shooters, but I can't give this game a 10. Even though the price isn't very high, the standalone title has a low amount of content and I was disappointed in how short the game is. Again, disappointing considering how fun the actual gameplay is and the graphics are total eye candy.

I know they've released additional content

I know they've released additional content which I've bought every one of them, but it's a practice that I don't want to encourage in game development.
  86. Apr 3, 2014
    Crazy, fast paced, old skool fun! Challenging, beautiful and dynamic; Resogun is the ideal game for when when you want to feel epic and blast aliens for 10 minutes.
  87. Jan 8, 2014
    Una grata forma de recordar los shooters de antaño en 1080p, eso es en resumen Resogun.

Housemarque se gradúa como el estudio especializado en shooters actuales, al presentarnos una buena mezcla de gameplay clásico con gráficas modernas. Este es uno de los títulos de lanzamiento para el PS4, el cual se podría decir que es una secuela espiritual al Super Stardust HD que viéramos en

Este es uno de los títulos de lanzamiento para el PS4, el cual se podría decir que es una secuela espiritual al Super Stardust HD que viéramos en PS3, solo que ahora deja los planetas esféricos para convertirlos en mapas cilíndricos en 2 dimensiones.

Gráficamente el juego luce increíble, destacando los excelentes efectos de luz, demostrando el potencial de la consola al tener cientos de partículas en pantalla, cada una con diferente densidad, luz, sombra, intensidad y profundidad.

Un título que puede no ser muy accesible para los jugadores más jóvenes, ya que representa un verdadero reto, delimitando el número de vidas y lanzándonos en contra de miles de enemigos, haciéndonos recordar esos arcades “de navecitas” que estuvieran de moda en los 80’s e inicios de los 90’s.

Haciendo honor a sus antecesores, olvidémonos del apartado gráfico y concentrémonos en el gameplay, el cual es el punto fuerte de Resogun, con controles simples, los cuales son muy accesibles para cualquier tipo de jugador, solo que necesitarás práctica y técnica si quieres llegar a dominarlos, lo cual será necesario para poder terminar cada nivel al 100%.

El objetivo del juego es simple, eliminar a todos los enemigos que aparezcan en cada nivel, tratando a su vez de rescatar a los humanos que se encuentran atrapados, siendo este punto algo clave para el desarrollo del juego, ya que si bien no es necesario rescatarlos para completar el nivel, existe un marcador en la parte superior, donde podemos ver cuantos hemos salvado, haciendo esto una prioridad para todo aquel que quiera terminar los niveles de una forma “perfecta” y haciéndonos las cosas más complicadas al intentar rescatarlos a todos.

Con un soundtrack electrónico, Resogun logra mantenernos con un ritmo acelerado en todo momento, manteniendo así el nivel de tensión, y atención, al máximo.

Si bien no podemos decir que sea una muestra de lo que nos espera en la Next-Gen, cumple el cometido de ser un juego divertido y versátil, pudiendo ser casual para el que así lo quiera, y hardcore para los que deseen intentar completarlo en las dificultades más altas.

Resogun se encuentra disponible en la PlayStation Store por $15 dólares o de manera gratuita para todos los que tengan su cuenta de PlayStation Plus.

**Solo como un extra, la voz femenina robotizada que escuchamos durante el juego les quedo genial**
  88. Jul 14, 2016
    Resogun really got me when I started going through list of it's trophies and executing them. I had the game sitting in my games list on ps4 for about 3 months and played a little bit during that time, not too much; but when my trophy fever started I played the hell out of it and got the Platinum in the end. Really good game - good job housemarque
  89. Jan 10, 2014
    A very fun arcade game that once you get playing, it can be rather addictive, but for the life of me I have no idea why! And if you have PS+ it's free so pick it up now!
  90. Sep 30, 2014
    If you're into Shoot 'em Up games, this game is for you. Phenomenal visuals and addictive gameplay make Resogun hard to put down. Among all the new Triple-A releases for the PS4, I still go back to this game. I can't get enough of it. I do have to say though, that it will be weird and confusing at first. Don't give up. Learn the controls. Embrace the challenge. And you will find yourselfIf you're into Shoot 'em Up games, this game is for you. Phenomenal visuals and addictive gameplay make Resogun hard to put down. Among all the new Triple-A releases for the PS4, I still go back to this game. I can't get enough of it. I do have to say though, that it will be weird and confusing at first. Don't give up. Learn the controls. Embrace the challenge. And you will find yourself in my position. Hopelessly devoted to you (Resogn). Expand
  91. Feb 17, 2015
    This is an amazing game with beautiful visuals, and great lasting appeal. The game would have been a 10 for me if they hadn't nerfed the ships and revamped the AI with the update. The game went from challenging to frustrating (which is what I thought master was for). If you don't believe me, delete the game download it again then delete the update file before it downloads. It's been aThis is an amazing game with beautiful visuals, and great lasting appeal. The game would have been a 10 for me if they hadn't nerfed the ships and revamped the AI with the update. The game went from challenging to frustrating (which is what I thought master was for). If you don't believe me, delete the game download it again then delete the update file before it downloads. It's been a while since I played, and wanted to go back and platinum it. I'm (was?) pretty good, but was having difficulty on Veteran getting past the third level after the update, so I read some about the update and tried this, and lo and behold, I completed Veteran and also got the 1CC trophy in a couple hours all solo.

Overall though, a great game I would highly recommend, and it also has great free DLC
  92. Dec 30, 2013
    If you remember losing quarters in your local arcade, you will recognize Resogun’s structure. Taking homage to classic arcade shooters of old, Resogun’s visual style as well as its simple gameplay mechanics give players a great welcome into the next generation, as Geometry Wars did for the Xbox 360. Resogun is smaller game for new console owners to show off the horsepower of the PS4. ButIf you remember losing quarters in your local arcade, you will recognize Resogun’s structure. Taking homage to classic arcade shooters of old, Resogun’s visual style as well as its simple gameplay mechanics give players a great welcome into the next generation, as Geometry Wars did for the Xbox 360. Resogun is smaller game for new console owners to show off the horsepower of the PS4. But as you look under the hood, you will find an old shoot ‘em up that isn’t shy of showing off its inspirations.

The gameplay to Resogun is that of a classic twin stick shooter, use the left stick to move and the right to fire and get rid of all enemy on screen. But Resogun adds a new twist to the formula; along with exterminating all enemy ships on screen the player is tasked with rescuing all the humans on the planet to save them from ‘Armageddon.’ The only way to save humans is by defeating certain enemies that appear on screen at the given time. These ‘Keepers’ are green ships that appear onscreen for a limited time and must be destroyed before they eliminate their human prisoner. This adds tension as players will dodge and weave through enemy ships in search of ‘Keepers’ before they can escape. Saving humans can aid players, as helping them can give special perks such as bombs and extra lives.

During a level, players are tasked in destroying enemy ships and saving humans, filling up a phase bar at the bottom of the screen. Once the phase bar is full, a boss ship appears and the phase bar acts as the boss ship's health bar. Once the boss is defeated, the player's ship escapes the planet moving onto the next msssion.

As any arcade shooter, the game is meant to challenge and harden the player. After several rounds, the player will learn to master each level as well as learn to control and maintain each battle. The game is more forgiving than most arcade shooters, but also more rich and complex as well. Not only must you dodge projectiles, you must also be wary of enemies coming from both sides of the screen as well as humans to deliver to safety. Each is simple in itself but difficultly stems from doing everything at once.

The visuals of Resogun are absolutely stunning. The game is sharp and glowing filled with particles everywhere. As you destroy ships, the ships explode, leaving debris everywhere in its wake, showering onto the battlefield. During the end of the mission, the level explodes into hundreds of particles as your ship races across the level, leaving a stunning fireworks show.

However I can’t let my enthusiasm for the game cloud my judgment. As much fun as the game may be it is very short with only five levels in total. Along with that, Resogun lacks any real variety other than arcade mode and leaderboards. Other shooters of this genre often contain endless modes where a player would fight until their last life. No mode such as this exists, which is surprising given its genre. Another issue I have with the game is that there is no option for co-op other than online co-op. For such a smaller game, a local coop option would feel refreshing entering into the next generation of consoles.

Resogun is an excellent game for the beginning of the PS4’s life. Its small scope may leave players finishing the game completely in a few hours, but its simple controls and spectacular light show visuals will keep players coming back for more quick play sessions. Resogun collides everything players want from a classic arcade shooter and blends them together creating a gorgeous visual laser light show.
  93. Nov 23, 2013
    Excellent follow up to Super Stardust HD on PS3. Out of all the next gen games i've played for Xbox One & PS4, Resogun for ME is the most addictive experience at the moment, lots of replay value, a great soundtrack, tight controls and extremely addictive gameplay going for those big scores but best of all it is free on PS+. You won't be dissapointed.
  94. Nov 26, 2013
    I have nothing bad to say, this game is countless hours of fun, especially if you have a friend to play co-op missions with. We played all levels on veteran and it was very challenging, alot of deaths and frustration.
    You cant score this game below 8, After all it was free for all with ps+.
    You cant score this game below 8, After all it was free for all with ps+.
    Im beginning to think the free indie games we got with the ps4's launch are in fact better then the 60$ Betas we all keep buying... lol
  95. Nov 30, 2013
    Resogun is not what I expected it to be. I downloaded it as an afterthought, after I bought my PS4 with Battlefield 4. PSN was down for maintenance at launch, so Battlefield's signature multiplayer wasn't working. Quite annoyed, I flipped through menus on my new console; bored out of mind, until I came across this game. What I expected was a quick, PSN game I would soon get over, burResogun is not what I expected it to be. I downloaded it as an afterthought, after I bought my PS4 with Battlefield 4. PSN was down for maintenance at launch, so Battlefield's signature multiplayer wasn't working. Quite annoyed, I flipped through menus on my new console; bored out of mind, until I came across this game. What I expected was a quick, PSN game I would soon get over, bur what I got was a thrilling, fast paced, twin-stick shooter.
    If you played "Super Stardust HD" on the PS3, this game is quite similar, as it is made by the same developer; Housemarque. It is obvious that Housemarque has taken from their previous titles, but they make just enough changes to the twin stick shooter formula to make it fresh, and innovative, but also a recognizable entry to the old genre. One of these changes is that your ship can move in any direction like you would expect, but you are only allowed to shoot directly in front, or behind your ship. This encourages a more kinetic play style, as you must always be moving and dodging enemies, because you aren't allowed to frantically shoot in all directions. This handicap to the player is a welcome addition, and I am glad it was implemented.
    Another welcome change is the field of play, which typically in this kind of game would be a spherical battleground with plenty of free space to move around. Resogun has a cylindrical, 2D playing area, which makes space to move a little more limited, but when Resogun's beautiful particle effects and explosions are happening around it, it's hard not to be impressed, especially with zero frame rate drops. When you really stop to appreciate the arcade style beauty of the game, you think about how all of these explosions and insane effects would not be available on the aging PS3, and Xbox360.
    My biggest issue with this game, (and many others like it,) is it's relatively small amount of content. There are only three different ships in the game, which are unlocked from the start, and five different levels with the same scripted layouts to it. This kind of thing is easily fixed with DLC, but it wouldn't be ideal.

tl;dr, I'm giving this game an 8/10 for breathing life into an old genre, and making me feel challenged, despite some length issues.
  96. Dec 5, 2013
    An outstanding game, its visually striking and addictive. But also very challenging, it makes you want to go back for more. Simple but effective, probably one of the easiest 10s I have ever given.
  97. Jan 28, 2014
  98. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is pure fun and addictive too! Is just mindless fun where the gameplay is the only thing to worry about. The co-op makes it even better by letting play with your friend and competing with each other.
  99. Aug 24, 2014
    Resogun is an awesome game on the Playstation 4. It is easily one of the best launch titles for the system. The gameplay is fun and fair, and the graphics are great. This is definitely one to play.
  100. Jan 4, 2014
    Great shmup for fans of the genre the graphics look really good mostly when you've got 100's of enemies and sprites on screen it truly shows what the ps4 can do graphicly also very challenging on the higher difficulty levels and saving humans can be quite a challenge the controls are pretty smooth and basic and the fact that the game is FREE for Playstation users is an added bonusGreat shmup for fans of the genre the graphics look really good mostly when you've got 100's of enemies and sprites on screen it truly shows what the ps4 can do graphicly also very challenging on the higher difficulty levels and saving humans can be quite a challenge the controls are pretty smooth and basic and the fact that the game is FREE for Playstation users is an added bonus worth checking out if you're into shmups or want to show your friends what the ps4 can do Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 3, 2014
    Resogun is a downloadable crack of the best variety. Buy it. [January 2014, p76]
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 13, 2014
    An excellent classic shoot 'em up in the vein of Defender. Very pretty, very challenging.
  3. CD-Action