- Summary: Gameplay offers multiple ways to play, including arcade controls where the left stick is used to control power and accuracy, with the ability to add spin to the shot while the ball is in the air. In addition to the arcade controls, the return of 3-Click swings appeals to nostalgic gamers whoGameplay offers multiple ways to play, including arcade controls where the left stick is used to control power and accuracy, with the ability to add spin to the shot while the ball is in the air. In addition to the arcade controls, the return of 3-Click swings appeals to nostalgic gamers who prefer to set power and accuracy by tapping a button rather than moving a thumbstick. Those looking for an extra challenge can turn on Tour settings. When playing with Tour controls, the length of your backswing and speed of your follow through determine power, while the club path through the ball will be the most important factor in accounting for accuracy. Fans can also mix and match all three settings to create their own custom gameplay style. Courses themselves also affect how your shots are played, as firmer, links-style courses like St. Andrews provides more bounce and roll, while softer courses such as TPC Sawgrass have less bounce and be more receptive to spin. [EA Sports]… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour - Announcement Trailer
Autoplay On Off
Jul 21, 2015Despite the welcoming gameplay and often outstanding graphical representation of the courses though, enthusiasts and series stalwarts may soon feel that while progress has been made in some areas, this may not be the experience they expected from the first PGA Tour of a new console generation.
Jul 14, 2015I came away feeling like it was a launch title. It’s missing the robust features and course set that video game golf enthusiasts have come to know. It has a lot of the mechanics down well enough but the game doesn’t have enough content to warrant the price tag.
Playstation Official Magazine AustraliaAug 11, 2015Don't let the fresh new franchise face and the Frostbite screens fool you. Rory McIlroy's has applied some serious back-spin to this once features-rich series. Budget buy this duff. [October 2015, p71]
Jul 19, 2015I absolutely love this game, Its just what the next gen needs, a decent golf game. There is lack of character customization etc and yes theyI absolutely love this game, Its just what the next gen needs, a decent golf game. There is lack of character customization etc and yes they have took a lot of modes out from the old ones. I am thoroughly enjoying it, Its fun on Multiplayer playing with your friends, There is also fun challenges to do. There has been some glitches i have come across, But hopefully they will get fixed.… Expand
Jul 14, 2015After a two year break, EA Sports makes it's way back on the green with the release of McIlroy PGA Tour. If you are a big fan of golfing gamesAfter a two year break, EA Sports makes it's way back on the green with the release of McIlroy PGA Tour. If you are a big fan of golfing games like myself, this is welcome news. My very first golfing game was simply titled Golf, which was released in 1984 for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
This game was built completely new from the ground up for the Xbox One and PS4 systems using the Frostbite Engine. This engine has been used in making games like Mass Effect and Battlefield, but it is the first time it has been used in making a sports title. You can really tell the difference the Frostbite Engine made in this me. If you do a side by side comparison with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, which was released two years ago, the difference is night and day. Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR looks absolutely amazing. Little things you may have never noticed before in a golf game will now stand out and catch you eye like never before.
Another great thing about EA Sports' decision to go with the Frostbite Engine is the fact that it loading times are now gone which means you now have more time to play than ever before. To me, that means a lot. As a Husband and a Father, I don't have the gaming hours I used to have when I was a single man. With no more loading times, I can now play more rounds of golf, which in my book, is always a good thing.
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR offers several different ways to play.
Play Now: Play a round of Golf. Sadly, there are only eight real life courses to choose from. (Nine if you pre-order the game)I realize that EA had to start from the ground up with this game and that takes a lot of time but having only eight real world courses to choose from is very disappointing. On the bright side, since this game will not be a yearly release, EA Sports has gone on record as saying they will continue to support this title with content updates. EA has already announced that everyone will be receiving TPC Scottsdale for free on September 14.
EA SPORTS Night Club Challenge: In this mode of play EA is trying to lure in the casual golf fan. The person who is not a diehard sim fanatic but likes to play just for fun. In here lies the problem, the Night Club Challenge is not fun at all. The challenges start off easy at first but get very frustratingly hard to the point of you wanting to throw your controller threw the TV screen. If there had been a way to skip around the extremely hard levels and move on to something else would be one thing but once you are stuck on a level, that's it, you are there until by miracle you move on or finally have had enough and quit. I understand the causal fans dollars are just as important as the diehard Golf fans, but I really don't see this Night Club Challenge reeling them in. EA would have been better suited to have made a good old fashioned putt-putt course for light heart fun of the Golf Course.
Head2Head: This Mode lets you compete against fellow golfers online.
Online Tournaments: This will allow you to complete in online tournaments with your friends, family, co-workers or random people online.
Pro Career: This is where you can create your own golfer and build your career. You can choose to be male or female. On your create a golfer, you can choose everything from eye color, hairstyle body size, etc. For those of you wanting to add your own face to your created golfer, the Game Face option is not included in this game.
Prologue: Play this Mode to basically learn how to play the game if you are a first time buyer or you just new a refresher course on how to play. You can learn how to aim and set up different shots. You can also learn about the three different swing mechanics which are; Arcade, Classic, Tour. You also now have the ability to create your own gameplay style to your liking.
In closing, Rory McIlroy PGA Tour is a very fun game to play if you are into video game golfing. Gameplay has never been better. Presentation wise EA really out did themselves using the Frostbite Engine. Everything for the littlest detail really stands out on the golf course. With the addition Frank Nobilo and Rich Lerner of The Golf Channel, it gives the game a more authentic appeal. Sadly though, with only eight real life course and only twelve licensed PGA Golfers, I can only give this game a seven. Hopefully, EA Sports will come through on their word to continue to support this title post release with the addition of new content.… Expand
Jul 14, 2015I'm in hopes that EA will see this post. While this year's game is visualy stunning, there are some serious issues. What happened to all theI'm in hopes that EA will see this post. While this year's game is visualy stunning, there are some serious issues. What happened to all the features and courses from previous games? Where are the Country Clubs and create/schedule online tournaments? Let me choose weather/course conditions?Where is the career mode of the past? Allowed me to assign attributes to my golfer instead of being done automatically? See the calendar of events and allow me to see upcoming events? Why when I play with my created golfer online, I don't gain experience? Speaking of create a golfer, no Game face feature and only cookie cutter random faces? Wait.... Sorry I just sank a 90 yard wedge shot from the fairway bunker to win the Green Jacket... Let me save this replay and post it for all my friends to see.... Oh no replay.... There is no satisfaction/reward to me playing as my created golfer. That's OK, I'll just play as Jack Nicholas, Phil Mickelson, or Tiger... Oh wait....... Ohhhh maybe Dustin Johnson..... Never mind. Come on EA. There was 2 years to get this right, and it feels like a launch release. You may be your own worst enemy after setting the bar so high with PGA 14. I would have rather paid $60 for PGA 14 "remastered". While Rory McIroy is a good game, it could have been so much better!… Expand
Jul 16, 2015I play these games solely for solo career. And in that regard this game is pretty poor.
How poor? Well I've booted up Masters from 3 yearsI play these games solely for solo career. And in that regard this game is pretty poor.
How poor? Well I've booted up Masters from 3 years ago on my PS3 and am currently playing that in preference.
1) Character creation. This is dumbed down to the extreme. A choice of a maximum of a dozen pre-set faces, eye colours etc - all of which are pretty hideous. If you can create one that looks like yourself with these options? I feel sorry for you.
2) Character advancement? Man, is this is dumbed down. You don't get to put points into attributes and truly customize. You pick a basic speciality (Power, Finesse and 2 others - you pick one a the start of your career) and then the game chooses where to put your earned power ups depending on which one you joined. As you progress through levels you "unlock" the other three basic types - but that just means the game makes choices in those player types for you as well.
The end of customization. :(
The game takes an age to initially load - but then is ok from hole to hole. At least that much is better.
The "Arcade" version is a waste of time.
Why it uses the left analogue stick is beyond me, you can do whatever you like to the stick, as long as at some point it's pushed in the rough direction of "up" then at some later point it's pushed "down" it plays a perfect shot every time. The only skill is in picking the right club and line to begin with, With zero skill required with the gamepad it's actually even simpler than 3 click. Hell it's even simpler than 2 click used to be. It's so simple.. I can't actually see the point in doing it, you might as well shout at the screen" Now play the perfect shot with these settings" and it does..every time.
The graphics are 1080P (unlike some other games on this so called 2nd generation of HD console that still shrink the screen) but the detail is not very good. Graphically It's ever so slightly better than Tiger Woods 2012 on the PS3 - but not much better and you need to see them side by side to notice the difference. And the 2012 game actually has proper player skill customization, appearance customization and no game modes which are pretty much a waste of time.
If you have a PS3, get the last TW game on that platform that instead (probably $10 in the bargain section). It is definitely a lot better than this essp. if career mode and customization are important to you… Expand
Jul 23, 2015This is not a whole game. This is an insult.
These are the things I thought of while playing this game:
1. NO ONE involved in this gameThis is not a whole game. This is an insult.
These are the things I thought of while playing this game:
1. NO ONE involved in this game played the previous EA PGA games.
2. The physics are great.
3. This is NOT the scale a next-gen game (commentary is repetitive, few courses, a laughable character creator.)
4. NO ONE beta tested this game and gave feedback...
5. This feels like a demo.
6. EA, you had 2 YEARS to make this game... You're a billion dollar company.. "EA sports. It's in the game.." .... no, it's up your nose.
7. Rory, I don't know who you are, (I don't follow professional golf) but you will now always be "that guy that put his name on a terrible demo".
8. Night golf is an iPhone game.
9. I'm dusting off my XBOX360 to play Tiger '13: Masters Edition.
10. I'M DUSTING OFF MY XBOX360 to play TIGER WOODS 2013: Masters Edition...... (maybe I'll buy a PS2 to play Tiger 2010.....)… Expand
Mar 21, 2017EA Sports finally manage to kill a franchise. This game is appalling it fails to live up to its five immediate predecessors on an earlierEA Sports finally manage to kill a franchise. This game is appalling it fails to live up to its five immediate predecessors on an earlier generation of console! Most game modes have gone, most courses have gone, most golfers have gone. The shot system is broken, the animation is broken. The blatant Battlefield 4 promotion is unbelievably awful. I hope someone else can develop a good golf game for this generation because EA have completely lost the plot.… Expand
Feb 26, 2016No real opinion here.....until I get all the courses including the Masters....I will just keep giving this game zeroes. SorryNo real opinion here.....until I get all the courses including the Masters....I will just keep giving this game zeroes. Sorry Rory........................................................… Expand