Trine 2: Complete Story PlayStation 4

7.6

1. Jan 4, 2014
    All The Negative Reviews Probably Come From Fan Boys This Game Looks Amazing On Ps4 I Own The Directors Cut On Wii U Witch Looks Awesome Too But The Ps4 Version Really Exceeded My Expectations With More Levels And Breathtaking Graphics Its Hard Not To Call It a Must Own Indie Game
  2. Dec 23, 2013
    WOW! I played this in 3D and I couldn't believe what I was seeing! This game's visuals in 3D was nothing like I have ever seen before. They should push this game to sale 3D TVs and forget the movies. Now, I'm sad because i want every game in 3D and i know that's not going to happen. I felt like a kid lost in a beautiful magic world. This game in 3D is next gen! Forget the rest of theWOW! I played this in 3D and I couldn't believe what I was seeing! This game's visuals in 3D was nothing like I have ever seen before. They should push this game to sale 3D TVs and forget the movies. Now, I'm sad because i want every game in 3D and i know that's not going to happen. I felt like a kid lost in a beautiful magic world. This game in 3D is next gen! Forget the rest of the launch lineup. Amazing! Expand
  3. Jan 12, 2014
    This looks absolutely awesome in 3D on my 60 inch plasma, if you wanna show off your ps4 ,and have a 3D tv, this is the freaking game. the game itself is cool and all that, I just wanted to let everyone know this is in 3D , and looks unbelievable.
  4. Feb 13, 2014
    The story, graphics (3D with full depth), gameplay.. multiplayer.. you name it. Everything works perfectly!
    I recommend it to anyone who is interested of puzzle platformer, good game to play with friends!
  5. Jan 14, 2014
    I loved this game! Great environments, cool characters, platforming, leveling and cool enemies. I really did enjoy this game alot! If you like puzzle/platformers then buy this!
  6. Feb 2, 2014
    If all of your favorite games are beginning to become boring and your in search for that next game to keep you busy but can't find one good enough. Try this. Trine 2 is AMAZING. The graphics are AMAZING. It's not like Crysis 3 where everything looks so realistic. But Trine 2 is the most beautiful game to date.

Oh, you say you don't like puzzle games? I don't like puzzle games either,

Oh, you say you don't like puzzle games? I don't like puzzle games either, but I LOVE Trine 2. Oh you don't like side scrollers? I hardly ever play side scrollers, but I LOVE Trine 2. And if you have a 3D monitor, you are in LUCK my friend, if you think this game looks gun in HD, just think of it in 3D. The most beautiful 3D experience I've ever had.

I own this game on PC, and it only cost me 19.99. That's 1/3 as much as a AAA game, yet it's better than most AAA games. Stop wasting time and get this game NOW.
  7. Feb 21, 2014
    A 10/10 score is virtually impossible really, but Trine 2 on the PS4 is so good that a 9 is simply not enough!

Without writing a huge review, here are the simple facts: Beautiful graphics - if you have a good 3D TV then Trine 2 on PS4 is the best 3D experience to date. I've had the fancy 3D Vision on my PC and Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 really impressed me. Trine 2 in 3D on PS4

Without writing a huge review, here are the simple facts:

Beautiful graphics - if you have a good 3D TV then Trine 2 on PS4 is the best 3D experience to date. I've had the fancy 3D Vision on my PC and Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 really impressed me. Trine 2 in 3D on PS4 surpasses it. Truly amazing.

Sublime game play - switching between characters is easy and fluid. Each have their own unique abilities to get you through the picturesque levels. Nice little puzzle elements, simple enough combat, just fun.

The audio isn't great, but I'm not going to remove points because of it. It's nicely adequate.

The price makes Trine 2 a bargain. I'd happily pay £30. In fact, I've enjoyed it far more than games that have cost me £50.

Get it.

Now.
  8. Dec 25, 2013
    This game is a gem among the PS4 release titles. The controls feel great, the environments are beautiful and compelling, and the gameplay is fun. I have spent more time playing this game than any other game that I bought with the PS4.
  9. Jan 3, 2014
    Trine 2 played in 3D is breath-taking. And I really mean breath-taking. It's like looking into a magic box and seeing a fantasy world spring to life in front of your eyes. The graphics are absolutely beautiful. The world designs are spectacular and 3D is used in a perfect way. The worlds look real, as if you can reach in and touch them. Creatures talk or plants creep out of the foregroundTrine 2 played in 3D is breath-taking. And I really mean breath-taking. It's like looking into a magic box and seeing a fantasy world spring to life in front of your eyes. The graphics are absolutely beautiful. The world designs are spectacular and 3D is used in a perfect way. The worlds look real, as if you can reach in and touch them. Creatures talk or plants creep out of the foreground while your characters remain in the middle and wonderful vistas stretch far beyond them. The puzzles are fun and at times push you to think hard before working out a resolution at other times they are fairly straight forward. You have control of three characters, A wizard, A knight and A Thief each with different skills and upgrades. They are all needed to reach the end of the well designed and imaginative levels. Controls are tight and well implemented and the game runs extremely smooth. The music complements the magical style and has some nicely composed pieces throughout.

This game is a real show case for PS4 and is also suitable to play with kids aged over 6 IMO. My daughter who is 8 is also really enjoying the game. I would highly recommend this game to pass sometime and show off your PS4 and 3D TV until the big AAA titles eventually reach the PS4.
  10. Jan 3, 2015
    Quite beautiful and smoothly executed. A platform puzzler with physics based puzzles is nothing new but this game somehow manages to serve up the "been there, done that" game play in a really enjoyable and fun package. Not that frustrating as you seem to solve the puzzles just before they start to get on your nerves. Visuals seem to get better as the game progresses.
  11. Jun 5, 2014
    Wow. Just wow. I downloaded this for free two nights ago on my PS4 as part of June's free PS Plus games, having never even heard of Trine before. It looked interesting so I figured that I would give it a try. In my 30+ years of gaming, this is hands down the most beautifully stunning game that I have ever seen. The lighting and visuals are absolutely breathtaking. It looks like youWow. Just wow. I downloaded this for free two nights ago on my PS4 as part of June's free PS Plus games, having never even heard of Trine before. It looked interesting so I figured that I would give it a try. In my 30+ years of gaming, this is hands down the most beautifully stunning game that I have ever seen. The lighting and visuals are absolutely breathtaking. It looks like you are looking at some kind of wonderful live painting. The colors are so unique and vivid that it just comes to life off of your screen. And the amount of sheer detail in these environments is just mindblowing. I am constantly stopping just to look around and try to see all that there is to see. Even though it's a 2d side scroller, it must be rendered in 3d. The depth of the backgrounds is incredible and there is constantly something going on in the background at all times. I found myself always wanting to journey INTO the scenes, instead of just ACROSS the scenes because of the amount of depth and detail in the background. You honestly cannot see everything because there is just too much. My wife, who cares 0.0% about video games, was sitting in the room with me last night while I was playing. Now she has seen bits and pieces of every game that I have played in the past 10 years just from walking through the room while I have been playing and glancing at the screen. But she has never stopped to look at a game ever. Last night she was like "Oh my god, what is this game? It's absolutely beautiful!" And I have not even touched on the gameplay yet which is addictively fun. The character models look amazing, the physics are top notch, and the music draws you right into it's fantasy world. If you are even remotely considering this game, do not wait for one more second... get Trine right now. I cannot wait to get home tonight to play it again. Expand
  12. Dec 9, 2013
    Nice game, very playable! Three separate characters all with different abilities and you can flick between them as and when you want or need to. It looks great too. Very nice visuals and intriguing puzzles, mixed with fighting enemies. A cracking little game and for 11.50 on the PSN Store, this is an absolute bargain.
  13. Mar 6, 2014
    The greatest game nobody has played (Next to Awesomenauts) Yep, buy it and play it on a 3d TV with 3 of your friends on a couch....oh man....it's the reason why people love video games. Perfect.
  14. Mar 10, 2014
    Beautiful game! Even more so with full depth 3D. Just breath taking. Since side scrollers are too few on concoles now a days this one is a must buy. Will be enjoying this for a long time to come!
  15. Jul 19, 2014
    An absolute beauty of a game, continuing from the story of Trine, this wonderful game takes you through the fantasy world we have always dreamed of, from dragons, to goblins and witches, this marvel of a story with its fantastic music, and environments, you will surely fall in love with this game. And if your monitor supports 3D, then you should definitely try it, the 3D combined with thisAn absolute beauty of a game, continuing from the story of Trine, this wonderful game takes you through the fantasy world we have always dreamed of, from dragons, to goblins and witches, this marvel of a story with its fantastic music, and environments, you will surely fall in love with this game. And if your monitor supports 3D, then you should definitely try it, the 3D combined with this game is an absolute marvel! Expand
  16. Sep 16, 2014
    I actually don't like playing puzzle games. But, Trine 2 is completely different of what i played. Starting from the nice visuals and sound, makes the game more attractive and fun. The gameplay is awesome, you manage 3 type of classes, which each one has a different role by doing the puzzles, but everyone can manage a hard situation by attacking enemies or using objects around to throwI actually don't like playing puzzle games. But, Trine 2 is completely different of what i played. Starting from the nice visuals and sound, makes the game more attractive and fun. The gameplay is awesome, you manage 3 type of classes, which each one has a different role by doing the puzzles, but everyone can manage a hard situation by attacking enemies or using objects around to throw them to the enemies.

The best way to play this is with friends. On the PS4, it's one of the best games that have local coop up to 3 persons. There aren't many local multiplayer game on the PS4 and Trine 2 is a great choice!
  17. Oct 2, 2014
    Very decent game for the price. Great graphics and multiplayer make it for very very fun play times (it is nice to screw your partner now and then lol) especially if you want to make the game a bit easier (the puzzles are much easier done with two people than with one). Only caveat is the soundtrack which is a bit dull.

By the way, there are many more trophies than the PS3 version had,

By the way, there are many more trophies than the PS3 version had, if you care about them at all.
  18. Oct 22, 2014
    Trine 2: The Complete story is a side scrolling fantasy game that takes place years after the events of the first game.
    The story is simple, a group of 3 heroes are gathered together by a shiny artifact called the Trine and summoned on a journey filled with goblin and mysterious creatures and it is up to our heroes to find out why.
    The story is played out like a fairy tale book and

The story is played out like a fairy tale book and there are 3 main characters that you could easily choose from. Amadeus, the wizard who can raise items and summon objects from thin air. Dontius, the Knight who is equipped with a shield, a sword for fighting, and a hammer for smashing objects and acts as a body guard. And Zoy, the Thief who has a bow and arrow to take far shots at enemies and has a grappling hook. Trine 2: The complete story has wonderful visuals that are rich and deep adding to the overall charm of playing. The game runs smooth on the PS4 with 1080 P and 60 FPS. It also has a 3D option which is a nice touch.The Music moves will with the pacing of the story campaign which is around 5-6 hours. The levels are imaginative and intriguing leading to a variety of challenging unique puzzles that are solved by using the different skills from each character.
    I found the game to be cheerful and lighthearted. It can be played both local or online coop. Trine 2: The complete story is a well made edition that has minor control updates and comes with the very good goblin Menace expansion story. If you enjoy fantasy platform games, then this game is highly recommended.
  19. Aug 4, 2015
    Best experience I ever had with 3D glasses! You should check this out, because it's amazing!!!!!!! The water effects and other stuff poping out from the TV just freaked me out !
  20. Dec 19, 2016
    Pros:
    -GRAPHICS
    -MUSIC
    -Gameplay
    -Fun
    -Coop Play

Cons:
    -Uh... it's not long enough?

This is one of the most gorgeous, engrossing, and fun games I've ever played. But you MUST play it with at least one other person, in the same room. I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed and enjoyed a coop game so much.

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 3, 2014
    Minor control updates and all the DLC included. Looks gorgeous, still plays great. [February 2014, p83]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    Even on PS4 Trine 2 shines: this complete edition is a great bargain for platform lovers.
  3. Dec 9, 2013
    Overall, Trine 2: The Complete Story is a solid puzzle platform game which offers stunning vistas and co op play to boot.