7.5

1. Mar 24, 2013
    I've had Vita for 10 months. I am obsessed with JRPGs... I've grown up with ff 7-9, tactics branched out to disgae, duodecim, and persona, ragnarok. I thought I would have to wait until Soul Odyssey.
    I bought this on a whim, never hear nor played of this series. I will save you the time, just buy this, if you are like me and adore JRPGs you should buy, like now!
    It took a bit to get
    into the game, I had no idea how to play, tutorial is weak, please look online for a bit better explanation... But the character dev is fantastic. It's a very cheery type game, you will enjoy just randomly battling baddies, to synthing items, collecting, enjoying the great soundtrack. Graphics are phenomenal on the vita, really, I've played everything but here the colors just pop.

If you like any JRPGs, you just need to suck it up and buy this, it's a unique experience and will put you a bit out of your comfort zone, but rewarding and a great way to kill some time 10 hrs in with 5 days playing...
  2. Mar 23, 2013
    i am loosing hope with the vita recently as its been out in the UK now for just over a year and nothing has really blown my mind like i wanted it too.
    however. atelier totori plus is the closest one to blowing my mind to date. its graphics are stunning, attention to detail are fantastic and UI and character design are beautiful. this is however a jrpg that only jrpg fans are going to
    like... im afraid for all you vita owners out there still waiting for that vita experience you were promised that dont get along with staff wielding girls and collecting herbs should stay well away from this. which is a shame because it is by far the best made vita game out there yet, with glorious HD graphics that genuinly (for once) look HD... what more can i say other than if you like your rpg's don't even waste time moaning about the high cost... its worth every penny. (by the way this is on the PSN store now... you may not know because no one told ANYONE!!) Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2013
    So far i have played none of the games in the series but I was really excited to see this pop up on the psn. I'm only just beginning the game but as a first impression it is amazing to look at and its a port of a ps3 game, (i never played the original) but it doesn't feel like I could possibly be missing anything.
  4. Jul 18, 2013
    This is essentially a game about cute girls doing cute things. Despite the seeming lack of an actual central storyline, the many day-to-day scenes and adventuring build the characters surprisingly well. Things come together even better when the plot gets started only halfway through the story. However, it is the many interactions between them that make you come to care for the cast.

Things I felt were well done was the stunning art, the timeline system, the license ranks, the alchemy and the optional bosses. Unlike most JRPGs, optional bosses here do not drag on for hours- the hard work comes in on the alchemy part rather than the actual battle. The Japanese voicing is well-done, but I felt the English voicing was really lacklustre.

Critical flaws in this game would be the hideous loading times for just about anything from cutscenes to battles (I last played Persona 4, the difference is staggering) and the ill-defined triggers for character interactions. This is not a game you can hope to achieve full completion on without the use of a guide because of how some endings are just that hard to attain.

All in all, I was pretty absorbed by this game for my first few playthroughs. If not for a couple of glaring flaws that impeded my enjoyment, this would've been a perfect game.
  5. Sep 16, 2013
    Bad ending.

That's what I got when I played for the first and maybe the last time. I was really enjoying the game but it suddenly ended with many gaps and no way of getting a second chance with the same game progress.

I always wanted to play a game of the Atelier series but I never priorized it due to other games I still had to play on PS3. Then Atelier Tototi Plus appeared on Vita
    and I thought it was my chance.

I loved it since the beggining. Beautiful graphics, memorable characters, simple but admirable story, a turn-based battle that isn't boring, a catchy soundtrack and a great variety of synthesizable items. Seriously, there was nothing to complaint about... until I find out what was behind the time system.

You know, one of the most common things about RPG is playing at your pace. You take your time to do the quests you want, to fight until you're strong enough to move forward and other things. But with Atelier Totori there's a point in the game where you have to stop everything you want to do just to gather and synthesize some specific items. If you don't do that, it's game over. You will get a bad ending and also a new chance to start the game all over again keeping your money and equipped items only.

If you don't mind playing the game more than one time or don't care about using a guide, you should play this game. Maybe you can get a good ending all by youself, now that you know the importance of the time system. You'll also have to enjoy the niche JRPG genre.
  6. Nov 20, 2013
    Atelier Totori is an enjoyable game for those who like to farm craft in a grindy JRPG atmosphere. However, although looking very casual-friendly, this game is in fact really harsh on new players. Everything is timed, and you very often feel rushed (if you know the deadlines, which the game only vaguely explains). Bad ends can happen very often when you don't really know what you did wrong. My only complaint with this game is that there is no option for an "infinite" play with no deadline, to just enjoy the game.

Visually the game is very pleasant (as long as you're in the cute anime style), and the characters all have voice acting. There isn't much development in terms of sidekick stories, but they are still fairly interesting to keep around. Not for everyone, but a nice little trip. Slightly short if you aren't into newgame+ when compared to other JRPGs (around 20h?).
  7. May 10, 2014
    solo para los amantes de los RPG, música muy buena, gráficos hermosos un sistema de alquimia y misiones simple lo único que la historia es algo simplona

1. Jun 14, 2013
    Anyone with an aversion to cute will likely vomit themselves inside out before they've cleared the intro movie, puking their way into a catatonic state with inhuman haste, but for everyone there's a lot to love in Atelier Totori. It's huge, it's charming and it's just a shame that its strict, poorly defined timeline rubs some of its sheen off. That aside, it's almost ludicrously absorbing, beautiful to bask in, and a joy to play.
  2. May 3, 2013
    It’s very nearly a very good game, and certainly the best introduction to the series for new starters, but it just misses out on feeling like a must have gem.
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    Atelier Totori was a very good RPG to begin with, but its stylish, technically modest graphics, and focus on bite-sized quests make it an ideal candidate for handheld gaming.