5.2

1. Dec 15, 2012
    The huge issue with this game is you die, but dont know why you died,or you lose track of the ship on the screen due to changing backgrounds and colors. There should be a way to make the background a constant black color so you can clearly see your ship and what you are supposed to evade and what you dont have to evade. I have been craving a hard shooter, but dying because you cant seeThe huge issue with this game is you die, but dont know why you died,or you lose track of the ship on the screen due to changing backgrounds and colors. There should be a way to make the background a constant black color so you can clearly see your ship and what you are supposed to evade and what you dont have to evade. I have been craving a hard shooter, but dying because you cant see your ship is just dumb. Imagine playing and then putting your hands over your eyes for a few seconds and then you die. Thats what its like. Trying to get all fancy with the graphics totally ruins this game. Expand
  2. Jan 15, 2013
    This is the most frustrating game. There is so much potential. Unfortunately, dying, when you have no idea why, is no fun. And that is the only way you will die. However, in the parts where you can actually see what is going on, the game is a blast.
  3. Dec 28, 2012
    This is an interesting game and a difficult one to review. On one hand there is limited level design to speak of because the levels are always procedurally generated. In some ways it feels like there is not a lot of game there and that it can be quite repetitive. Also the game is difficult and you will keep dying after only a few minutes. However, it controls well and has quite anThis is an interesting game and a difficult one to review. On one hand there is limited level design to speak of because the levels are always procedurally generated. In some ways it feels like there is not a lot of game there and that it can be quite repetitive. Also the game is difficult and you will keep dying after only a few minutes. However, it controls well and has quite an appealing intensity to it. When you die the score you got allows you to upgrade aspects of your arsenal and it is clear that this will take a lot of time to do. I keep finding myself drawn to play it again and again and it is on a superficial level quite addictive. It's a game that regardless of it's short comings (such as the annoying narrator) it compels you to play it again and again. Even if only for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. Expand
  4. Jan 21, 2013
    I I feel slightly bad awarding it such a low score for a game which was free with ps plus. However after playing on and off for a little while, i find this game more typical of an ios constant running game like temple run etc.

Nothing to keep me entertained for more than 5 mins
  5. Feb 12, 2013
    A decent little twin-stick shooter. It's a bit repetitive and needs more opponent variety, but the addition of multiple game modes, worldwide and friend leader boards, and the ability to take on or create "challenges" for friends and the world alike gives this bite-sized shooter some real heft. Can be played in bite-sized increments as well, perfect for the handheld Vita. Definitely worthA decent little twin-stick shooter. It's a bit repetitive and needs more opponent variety, but the addition of multiple game modes, worldwide and friend leader boards, and the ability to take on or create "challenges" for friends and the world alike gives this bite-sized shooter some real heft. Can be played in bite-sized increments as well, perfect for the handheld Vita. Definitely worth the cheap price. Expand
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    It opens poorly. But as it goes on it becomes more and more impressive. I just wish it wasn't a twin-stick shooter. I wish it just was a flying game where you avoid obstacles and do the mining part. As the shooting ruins the mood of the game. I also wish the space ship was in 2d. It would make it suit the background more, Is a good game though. I just didn't feel that it was up to theIt opens poorly. But as it goes on it becomes more and more impressive. I just wish it wasn't a twin-stick shooter. I wish it just was a flying game where you avoid obstacles and do the mining part. As the shooting ruins the mood of the game. I also wish the space ship was in 2d. It would make it suit the background more, Is a good game though. I just didn't feel that it was up to the twin-stick shooter standard as other games on the vita. Graphics are beautiful though. Expand
  7. Aug 23, 2013
    A fun, if not repetitive shooter. This can't be a greatly long review, there's really nothing to say about it. The mechanics are simple, The graphics are arty and nice. The enemies are generic, and the weapons are generic, there's really nothing unique here. I found myself bored in hours.

1. In this very challenging twin-stick shooter levels are randomly generated, meaning you'll never be served the same stuff twice. It looks tight and has controls to match its look, but could have benefited from a bit more variation. [February 2013, p.91]
  2. Feb 9, 2013
    While it feels a little rough around the edges, there's plenty of addictive charm as you hurtle through psychedelic space landscapes with little more than a drill, banding tunes and some pop culture references for comfort. [March 2013, p.85]
  3. Big Sky: Infinity manages to give the player a fun shooter that surprises each time they jump in, but have coupled these good times with utterly broken scoring systems. Why should our latest effort in Arcade mode be judged against the session that opened immediately with a score multiplier zone that severely boosted the points we got from those first enemies? Isn't it unfair that this boss fight occurred so early on? [February 2013, p81]