7.7

1. May 12, 2014
    This is sad for me, I had a vita and it got stolen. So I was incredibly excited to see that I would get borderlands 2 with my new Vita slim. Once i got my slim I downloaded it right away, excited to see Borderlands on the small screen, but that was the one and only time I ever got excited by this game. After figuring out which character I wanted the game started and was graced to the snow level of the game running on my vita, I found clap trap, and I was on my way. But once I finally got around to encountering an enemy my happiness withered away. And thats when I realized that when there is an enemy or multiple enemies on the screen the frame rate drops at an alarming rate. Making the game down right unplayable. I pressed on for about 6 hours of the game but today I finally had enough. I have witnessed many great games on the vita that looked better and ran way better than this game, this game is worthless for the vita. I am glad I didn't buy a physical copy and that this game came free with my vita, because this would have been a much more vial review if that had been the case. Don't give this lazy port any money, it does not deserve a cent. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2014
    This game has too many DLCs. Even though it is fun and looks good, the developer or publisher is trying to make the maximum money out of the game with mostly annoying, overpriced and pointless DLCs. Join the Anti-DLC-Force!
  3. May 19, 2014
    The game does not run smoothly for me, so buy at your own risk. For the game itself, quite a lot of the content has been removed from the original version of the game, and the graphics are not good, and do not match up to some of the other big Vita titles offer. I was hoping this game could justify my vita, given the huge success of the game on other platforms, but this game has really failed to capture any of my praise. It stutters and jerks, crashes on multiple occaisions and loses progress. For a game of this type, that is game-breaking. Also, although you can get used to the controls, to an extent, after a while, they are unnatural, and i am always pressing buttons by accident. Expand
  4. May 12, 2014
    Absolutely terrible game, with frame drops all over the place, absolutely tiny text that's nearly impossible to read, and an awkward control scheme that leads mostly to frustration.
  5. Jul 5, 2014
    This and the Jak collection are the sum of all that's wrong with the Vita. It seems like just because it's on the Vita it gets given a free pass in terms of performance. I for one didn't pay AU$200 to play 2 year old slideshows! The worst part is the Sony and the developer promised sloid 28-33FPS performance! What a joke. Your lucky if it's running at 22FPS.

The game is very good
    looking. I would debate that the porting was perhaps too straight forward. They should have put in a lot more work to take out some objects in the game world perhaps. Why do I say the game should look worse? Simple: IT DOES NOT RUN.

In Sanctuary you can look forward to playing at 10FPS. Go check Eurogamer.net, they did a digital foundry, I'm not even joking!

They game has no shadows, not even baked ones, yet the textures are quite high resolution!? (I've meddled with Vita development so I assume that the textures are what killed performance because that's always what makes my little games run bad.) In a gun fight the game is NOT playable, in fact it literally makes me nauseous. On a side note, disabling hud bob seems to help, but very, very little.

I fell so bad for anyone who buys a Vita that is bundled with this (Or Assassins Creed for that matter, like I did.) I hope that if you do you don't let this game ruin your view of the Vita. I don't think making this game the flagship title is doing wonders for the Vita's reputation. It just doesn't look like Sony care at all any more.

1. Jul 13, 2014
    As soon as you are used to the somewhat clumsy controls, Borderlands 2 on PS Vita is again a great adventure that keeps you engaged for more than 50 hours.
    Framerate issues and miniature texts bordering on the unreadable indicates that this is (sadly) just a quick and cheap port that’s a far cry from the majesty of the full-fledged versions of the game.
  3. Jul 8, 2014
    Not so nice to watch, hard to handle and full of glitches, this new entry isn't really what we were waiting for.