7.8

1. Apr 18, 2012
    Oldtime, bigtime gamer here (I.e 50 yr old!). I play everything, not just RPGs. Picked this up last night on launch day after reading some reviews,a little hesitant for a JSRPG. I must say, a FANTASTIC game. Very pleased with purchase. I've never played the other Disgaeas, so don't be afraid to pickup if you have not. I picked things up pretty quickly, although I need to learn more onOldtime, bigtime gamer here (I.e 50 yr old!). I play everything, not just RPGs. Picked this up last night on launch day after reading some reviews,a little hesitant for a JSRPG. I must say, a FANTASTIC game. Very pleased with purchase. I've never played the other Disgaeas, so don't be afraid to pickup if you have not. I picked things up pretty quickly, although I need to learn more on team attacks, combos and the whole homeroom strategy.
    Love it, the graphics are good, not Uncharted Vita graphics, but darn good...Seems like a REALLY big game to sink time into, should keep me busy til FF10 comes out for Vita in a year...
    So, dont be afraid to pickup if new to series. I'm so glad I did.
  2. Apr 17, 2012
    If you like RPGs or just plain good quality and deep gameplay, along with an awesomely entertaining story, this is the game for you. I have already own Disgae 3 for my PS3 but these types of games are much better suited for portable play IMO, so dont miss out on it.

Have fun and dont let your dad step on your SlayStation portable and lose the 4million hours of gaming you put into it! :P
  3. Apr 19, 2012
    A prt of one of the best Strategy based RPGs on the PS3. With all of the DLC built right in (there was tons) and some post story extras, there's plenty here for a good price. If you never got to play 3, or really enjoyed it, this is the best title on the vita for you so far.
  4. Jun 12, 2012
    An improvement over an amazing strategy RPG, looks and plays amazing. Graphics have a light improvement, tons of free DLC included, new gear, and lots to experience and last you 1000+ hours.
  5. Aug 10, 2012
    I picked up Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention used a couple of days ago. I bought it used, fully expecting to take it back; however, from the first two minutes of storyline, I was hooked. I have never owned a turn-based game before because, quite frankly, I didn't see the point of them. Tried one before and was completely underwhelmed. This game is different. It grabs your attention with itsI picked up Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention used a couple of days ago. I bought it used, fully expecting to take it back; however, from the first two minutes of storyline, I was hooked. I have never owned a turn-based game before because, quite frankly, I didn't see the point of them. Tried one before and was completely underwhelmed. This game is different. It grabs your attention with its witty story base. The actual fighting isn't all that bad either. In fact, It's quite good! Give it at least an hour or two, and you will understand why this game is so great. If you are new to the series, like I am, this will be a refreshing experience. If you've never played this type of RPG, buy it used and test it out. I have a feeling you won't be returning it though, ( as long as you give it a decent chance.) I've only put four hours into the game and haven't seen many weaknesses in it. The one thing I did notice is that there is no explanation of all the abbreviations for your character's stats, so I deducted a point and gave it a score of 9/10. Expand
  6. May 9, 2012
    I love Disgaea and i Love SRPG's and played D3 on the PS3 and this was my main reason for getting a Vita and i am happy i did . this game is a very good deal at $40 with all the DLC from the PS3 version included plus some new stuff added . i ploped a good 100 hours into this game and havent gotten every thing done but just about only a few things left and thats mainly just trophywise . soI love Disgaea and i Love SRPG's and played D3 on the PS3 and this was my main reason for getting a Vita and i am happy i did . this game is a very good deal at $40 with all the DLC from the PS3 version included plus some new stuff added . i ploped a good 100 hours into this game and havent gotten every thing done but just about only a few things left and thats mainly just trophywise . so there is alot to do in this game . i still find this one to be my favorite disgaea game i love the story and the humor is great . The only thing i could complain about is it would have been nice like in Disgaea 4 for some HD sprites but with all the content that went in i am not going to mark it down and we probubly would have had to wait another 6 more months for the game for that and with the Vita's lack of games right now i don't think i would want too. I am sure down the road there will be a D4 port to the Vita with the same treatment they did to D3 and then we can enjoy the HD sprites. so for now any disgaea fan who ownes a vita this is a must have. Expand
  7. Jun 1, 2012
    Awesome as previous Disgaea's. After 3 years i may wait a Disgaea 4 on PSVita?) This is tradition of Nippon Ichi on PS2 to PSP and PS3 to Vita) But... I need Disgaea 4 now!)))
  8. Apr 21, 2012
    The best Tactile RPG is on the vita, and it's just awseome. Seriously all the quality that a disgaea have normally, is in this game, humour, tactics, etc..
  9. Apr 23, 2012
    One of the best Tactical RPG's you can get dood! All the DLC included, hours of gameplay. Love it to bits at the moment. JRPG's are extremely underated IMO
  10. Apr 20, 2012
    Probably longest, deepest, most humorous game on PS Vita at the moment. From the very first screen it keeps you laughing. Add to that awesome strategic gameplay, character and gear progression. Perfect 10.
  11. Aug 3, 2012
    I'm a big fan of SRPGs and this game delivers with story (nothing serious mind you), characters and content. There is so much to do in this game as well as all the DLC that has ever been released. This is the definitive version of the game.
  12. Jul 2, 2012
    This is the 1st Disgaea I played, and to my surprise I liked it. I bought it because there's hardly any PS Vita games and forced my self to play it. After I completed the game I bought Disgaea 4 for the PS3 because I was so impressed. The reason this game doesn't have a high score is because of all the previous Disgaea 3 players who were expecting something new from the PS3 version. IThis is the 1st Disgaea I played, and to my surprise I liked it. I bought it because there's hardly any PS Vita games and forced my self to play it. After I completed the game I bought Disgaea 4 for the PS3 because I was so impressed. The reason this game doesn't have a high score is because of all the previous Disgaea 3 players who were expecting something new from the PS3 version. I would definitely recommend it if you're into RPG and level grinding games. Expand
  13. Oct 3, 2012
    It's scary to think of how much of my time is devoted to this game. I've never had the attention span for SRPG games, but this one changed that. This is a perfect game for a portable. On a PS3 or other non-mobile device, maybe not so much.
  14. Jan 4, 2014
    First time buying a Disgaea game and I'm not disappointed. It's absolutely crazy and simple-looking but hides lots of depth and team management. If you're looking for a long game, definitely pick this one up, it will keep you busy for tons of hours.
    This game is just a must-have if you like T-RPGs. It's up there with Fire Emblem, Advance Wars and FF Tactics.
  15. Jun 16, 2012
    Really fun turn based strategy game with a really fun quirky story. I was excited to finish battles just to see where the plot would take me next. Now playing through it a second time and the replay value is great as you can try differant combinations of characters etc second time through.
  16. Nov 14, 2012
    This game is very solid. If you like the franchise, you will again enjoy this game. Like always the dialogue is fun and the customization goes on for days. The turn based combat as well differs from most other games and allows you more control out of your characters by stacking them and whatnot. The advantage of proximity with certain characters as well benefits you which I like asThis game is very solid. If you like the franchise, you will again enjoy this game. Like always the dialogue is fun and the customization goes on for days. The turn based combat as well differs from most other games and allows you more control out of your characters by stacking them and whatnot. The advantage of proximity with certain characters as well benefits you which I like as well.
    Overall a very good game. Furthermore this is the kind of game that flourishes on handhelds the best.
    If you like this kind of game, I would strongly recommend going out and buying it. If you aren't into Asian turn based tactical games, I would probably avoid it.
    Enjoy!
  17. Apr 23, 2012
    This game is an amazing port that works out very well on the vita, unfortunately NIS did not really bother working out the rear touch pad or front touch pad controls, so right off the bat I had to disable them in the options not because I did not like them, but because they were un-useable. aside from this its another great game that follows a boy as he reaches for his goals to defeat theThis game is an amazing port that works out very well on the vita, unfortunately NIS did not really bother working out the rear touch pad or front touch pad controls, so right off the bat I had to disable them in the options not because I did not like them, but because they were un-useable. aside from this its another great game that follows a boy as he reaches for his goals to defeat the overlord. The story follows much like the first one, but with new characters and more motives. The new magichange system along with the ability to combine most specials adds another layer of debt to this already deep gameplay. The only other snag in the game is that most characters are forced to buy new skills and level them up through mana. This is very annoying to anyone whos played the others and now realizes they just need to build up mana instead of grinding a new character up to a new skill, though some can still only be unlocked through leveling up. The in ability to have a pupil character stand next to a master and have him learn the still is another irritation I found very bothersome since it was a technique I used quite often. So besides its minor flaws and terrible use of the touch pads, Disgaea 3 is a faithful port that will be a game long time fans and new comers a like can add to their limited library of vita games. Collapse
  18. Apr 21, 2012
    Nice (except the design of all characters - pixel art ?!), fun and really addictive. I regret few things like the bad use of the touchscreen, absence of localisation (ger, fra, ita, esp, ...) and the price (too high imo).
  19. Aug 29, 2012
    If you like SRPGs then you will like Disgaea 3. It has solid gameplay, a silly, fun story, and hours upon hours of potential gameplay. Trophy whores will really need to put in some time to get this one to platinum. If you played it before it is my understanding that not much has changed. If you are looking for a fun SRPG to go, check it out.
  20. Jun 18, 2013
    Really Really deep and solid RPG game for everyone to play. So many hours can be invested in this that it's unbelievable. Currently 14 hours in, but on the fourth chapter! I believe that this game should be purchased by everyone who is an RPG fan and anyone who has a Vita! The music is incredible, and the gameplay is the way of a classic RPG. Customization is maxed out and is also one ofReally Really deep and solid RPG game for everyone to play. So many hours can be invested in this that it's unbelievable. Currently 14 hours in, but on the fourth chapter! I believe that this game should be purchased by everyone who is an RPG fan and anyone who has a Vita! The music is incredible, and the gameplay is the way of a classic RPG. Customization is maxed out and is also one of the deepest, richest experiences on a portable console. Buy this game now!

Gameplay: 10/10
    Story: 9/10
    Music: 9.5/10
    Presentation: 9.5/10
    Length: 10/10
    Overall: 9.3/10
  21. Jul 17, 2013
    Disgaea on the PSP was amazing stuff, it made sense to keep the series ported through to the Vita. Now this could be a PSP game, Disgaea by it's very nature doesn't demand a powerful system but that is far from the point. This game, as the whole series, is incredibly deep and has incredible replay value. Seriously you could wear out a Vita playing this game. By now you probably know ifDisgaea on the PSP was amazing stuff, it made sense to keep the series ported through to the Vita. Now this could be a PSP game, Disgaea by it's very nature doesn't demand a powerful system but that is far from the point. This game, as the whole series, is incredibly deep and has incredible replay value. Seriously you could wear out a Vita playing this game. By now you probably know if you want to play this kind of SRPG, if you don't know what it is then do a little research. It can be overwhelming if you aren't prepared for it. In the best way possible! Expand
  22. Nov 25, 2013
    a great RPG game. the story itself is humorous, and pretty good, but suffers from a few flaws. my main gripe is that some of the english voice actors are awful. the gameplay is addictive and the graphics are alright, but not great. the best part is how much there is to do. there is the main story, but you can also go inside of items/weapons and fight enemies and move up floors in order toa great RPG game. the story itself is humorous, and pretty good, but suffers from a few flaws. my main gripe is that some of the english voice actors are awful. the gameplay is addictive and the graphics are alright, but not great. the best part is how much there is to do. there is the main story, but you can also go inside of items/weapons and fight enemies and move up floors in order to increase the stats. Expand
  23. Oct 10, 2014
    A really good game, perfect for the PS Vita. Once buyed, you can play it forever, endless modes, characters, good random dungeons. The bad side, it that it is very similar to the older games, but new additions are worthy.
  24. Apr 23, 2012

1. Aug 14, 2012
    Underneath its wisecracking exterior, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention offers enough depth to keep a determined player occupied for over a hundred hours if they so wish it, while also entertaining folks that just want to play a game for its story and multiple endings.
  2. Really, it's your enthusiasm for the game and some repeated battling that makes Disgaea's system actually sink in. [July 2012, p.111]
  3. Jun 17, 2012
    All in all, Disgaea 3: AOD is a wholehearted recommendation; a fun, challenging time that will last as long as a player wants it to.