7.7

1. Mar 3, 2012
    Any game that has been ported to the Vita should deserve a good review. The graphics are actually really nice and although its the same usual dynasty game it does feel way awesome on the Vita. 4 Player Co-Op too? Come on that's freaking awesome compared to just 2 players. Plus you can't use the touch feature on the console. All in all if you've played the game on your console...think about playing it on the go. Money well spent if I do say so myself. Expand
  2. May 25, 2012
    The DW series doesn't really do innovation but this port onto the Vita is spectacular. The graphics are better than the console IMO. The details on the characters is fantastic. The game is played in a DW empires fashion and the story will progress as it should giving you the chance to help your army with strategies. The conquest mode will let you choose your characters to conquer china and the edit mode returns. There are also mini games to do as well which take advantage of the Vitas features. There is a lot of content here and a lot of hours to be had with the game. For any DW fan this is a must buy. Expand
  3. Mar 6, 2013
    Boring. Repetitive. Overused. These adjectives are thrown around a lot when people are describing Dynasty Warriors: Next. The Dynasty Warriors series generally stay pretty formulaic, you go into a large area and slaughter everyone in it mindlessly until the numbers for the enemy go down to zero and a large gold "Victory" spreads across the screen. Yet none of this should scare anyone away, whether you are a long standing Dynasty Warriors fan or not. This Vita title brings some new ideas to the table for those of you that are veterans of the series. The battles now have mini game like touch sections, that can range from fun, to a boring distraction. Yet, even the ones that are boring only last ten to fifteen seconds, so they hardly interrupt the gameplay. In addition, there is now regenerating health. I personally like this change to the gameplay, but purists might not. Now there is really no need for the health pick ups (which are for some reason still in the game) but besides that, the formula stays tried and true, with some minor improvements made. Now, if you are new to the series, you will almost certainly love this game, as long as you are a fan of action games. In this game you will spend about 95 percent of your time, tearing everything around you to pieces, and it's a blast. I love running out into the middle of a fight and pulling off some slick combos that destroy a hundred enemies that made the mistake of standing around me. The game play can feel a little button mashy at times, but that is easily remedied if you just look at home many people you are killing. Graphically the game is stunning, it looks almost exactly like the console games, and the slow down is rare, and will only pop up for a couple minutes after several hours of playing the game straight. Yet the most amazing part of this game is the value, this game can be purchased for about thirty dollars at some places now, and i personally have gotten over 50 hours out of this game, and it is still in my Vita as I write this. The campaign is good, but the conquest mode, which plays like a simplified version of Risk, is the best. With battles that range from 5-10 min and light strategy eliments, you are almost sure to get hooked on this mode. The final things that i will say about this game are that it is as addictive of a game that i have played in a very long time, and if you are a Vita owner, than you have no reason to miss it. Expand
  4. Feb 21, 2014
    Lets be honest, the Dynasty Warriors series isn't the cornerstone of innovation, but the games are great, and this Vita port is no exception, with easy controls, a variety of play styles a decent campaign that lasts a good time, Dynasty Warriors Next is a great Dynasty Warriors.

Obviously, a game is not without its cons, a few new introductions such as the duels can become rather
    irritating after having one every match, sometimes very pace breaking and feeling more like an interruption than a conclusion.

the performance of NEXT is a strong point, the game will allow you to wade your sword through thousands without a frame drop, and the character designs are creative and attractive, and that's what we expect from Dynasty Warriors.
  5. Feb 14, 2014
    love the dynasty warrior games and this is no exception, it is a game I can take on the go which make it even better with new things that are not on the console games, this was a must get for me and I am glad I go it
  6. May 30, 2014
    I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before this one, but I really enjoyed this game. It has amazing graphics and good controls that use almost every feature that the Vita has (The touchscreen, the rear pad and the motion controls). I highly recommend to get it. I love it.
  7. Oct 10, 2014
    If you hate the WARRIORS franchise then you shouldn't be reading this review. As far as the Warriors titles go, this is one of the best. It has a lengthy story, an empire mode-esque conquest mode and many extras. The graphics are gorgeous, the music is okay, and the gameplay is solid. Also the voice acting is as delightfully terrible as always.(Don't worry, they're all like this.) With the ability to create your character and play many different modes, this game is deserving of a high score.
    10!

1. May 9, 2012
    For purists, newbies or even those just looking to try a Warriors title again, Next is definitely worthy of being the next game booted up in your Vita.
  2. Apr 13, 2012
    Its title suggests big changes to the formula that just aren't here, but Dynasty Warriors NEXT will appease series veterans who just want to have a copy of their favourite franchise anywhere they go.
  3. You're still mindlessly hacking 'n' slashing your way through clones, but now you'll also engage in mini-games that use the gyro and touchscreen in very inelegant ways. [April 2012, p80]