Guacamelee! PlayStation Vita

8.3

1. Aug 23, 2013
    This game is super fun at first but the platforming gets harder. In other words, I do not recommend this game for young children or people like myself with the reflexes of young children. It got to a point where I just had to stop playing because it requires you to have quick reflexes to advance at a certain point.
  2. Sep 10, 2013
    I can´t say i understand why this game has gotten so much positive publicity. Sure it´s a funny little platform´er, but that is really all it is! Guacamelee! is an example of a platform game done right, but here is no originality to make it stand out, like in other games like Braid or Limbo. My verdict is that Guacamelee! is a funny little platform game nothing more nothing less..
  3. Sep 7, 2015
    I realized what I liked about the Metroid games when playing this--the adventurous sci-fi world and its atmosphere, and you being alone in it to explore--two element which Guacamelee! lacks altogether.
  4. Apr 23, 2013
    Following a pair of Tales From Space titles, DrinkBox Studios has made a gem with deep roots in the old school, side scrolling, platformers. While inspired by such classics as the Castlevania and Metroid series, Guacamelee breathes new life into the once King genre with beautiful artwork, subtle RPG elements, modern internet humor, and a fluid combo-based combat system. This near perfectFollowing a pair of Tales From Space titles, DrinkBox Studios has made a gem with deep roots in the old school, side scrolling, platformers. While inspired by such classics as the Castlevania and Metroid series, Guacamelee breathes new life into the once King genre with beautiful artwork, subtle RPG elements, modern internet humor, and a fluid combo-based combat system. This near perfect game is a must buy for any indie gamer, Vita user or fan of some of the greatest games of all time. Collapse

1. Hyper Magazine
    Jun 10, 2013
    A vibrant, compact and ruthlessly difficult Metroidvania let down only slightly by its own (occasionally) insufferable self-awareness. [July 2013, p.81]
  2. May 21, 2013
    It plays like a dream, it's nice to look at, it can be funny as all get out and it just feels like the real deal, a complete experience just shy of masterpiece status.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    May 21, 2013
    Easily one of the best downloadable titles on the Vita. Grab it pronto. [June 2013, p80]