7.8

1. Sep 10, 2013
    Lumines: Electronic Symphony is a puzzle game much like Tetris, but unlike Tetris this game got beat music and style enough to make it something more then just a ripoff! Lumines: Electronic Symphony is certainly not for everyone, but if you into puzzle games then Electronic Symphony is an easy recommendation.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    First Lumines game. If you like puzzle games, you'll love this one. The music is great. The gameplay is addicting. Lots of fun and things to unlock. Great game.
  3. Jun 10, 2013
    Very well done "logical-expres" that won't let you rest as soon as you get on until the last track of playlist. Shuffle and you can enjoy another ride.
  4. Apr 29, 2013
    I was intrigued as to find word of a rhythmic Tetris in our midst, only found on the System With No Identity. Since my PS Vita only had Persona 4 Golden in its collection, I might has well have bought Lumines. Lumines is what I consider to be a better form of Tetris, mainly because it requires more thinking and strategy (and a larger drop area). The soundtrack to the game not onlyI was intrigued as to find word of a rhythmic Tetris in our midst, only found on the System With No Identity. Since my PS Vita only had Persona 4 Golden in its collection, I might has well have bought Lumines. Lumines is what I consider to be a better form of Tetris, mainly because it requires more thinking and strategy (and a larger drop area). The soundtrack to the game not only includes original techno titles but other pop songs from artists like Benny Benassi. It's interesting to listen to (although the rock guitar in some of the songs can ruin my mood). Other than a few modes like Stopwatch, Master, and Playlist, that's about it. It's just a fun game to waste time on (and the XP meter doesn't really signify your greatness. It just allows to to unlock things). There's also a fun duel mode you can use to play against others, but honestly. Who even has anyone on their PS Vita friend list? Anyone? Expand
  5. Feb 21, 2013
    An amazing game that has eye-catching effects and simple yet amazing controls make this game a worthy Vita title for anyone to own. The game has a mode called Voyage in which you keep on going from a stage to the next trying to survive the longest and this created some sort of difficulty which was accepted for me.

All in all a great game is worthy of a review from TheGrimOfDeath. Peace.
  6. Nov 14, 2012
    I never thought these games looked good at all.
    However after reading an article about the care given to this game in its creation I decided to give it a shot.
    One billion hours later, I must say this game is magnificently done and will make Tetris feel like your grandma's game.
    Music, graphics and lucid color are all wonderful.
  7. Nov 6, 2012
    Improves everything from Lumines 1 and 2. Music selection is much superior. New modes to play add value and RPG elements to unlock avatars make it worth replaying.
  8. Jun 2, 2012
    what the hell is this game. This was the worst money i have ever spent. It is a confusing retarded game that should never be played by anyone ever! Period!
  9. May 27, 2012
    It's a good time killer for when your on those long trips or in those long meetings. However I found it to be a bit boring compared to some other puzzlers I've played, including the original Lumines. It just wasn't as memorable or fun as the original and it certainly isn't a game you buy the Vita for. But it's decent, for the right price. However, as it stands right now, your paying fullIt's a good time killer for when your on those long trips or in those long meetings. However I found it to be a bit boring compared to some other puzzlers I've played, including the original Lumines. It just wasn't as memorable or fun as the original and it certainly isn't a game you buy the Vita for. But it's decent, for the right price. However, as it stands right now, your paying full price for a subpar puzzler that doesn't do anything keep your interest. If you find it for 20 bucks or so, then pick it up. However, I wouldn't buy it until then knowing what I know now. Expand
  10. May 2, 2012
    Having been a lumines fan since me early Psp days, I have been looking forward to a true sequel which can spice up the old formula a bit more. And then there is the painfully long wait since the announcement of Lumines electronic symphony and bang it's finally here! Does it deliver? Hell yes! The visuals are dazzling the music heart pumping and most importantly there is A big boost inHaving been a lumines fan since me early Psp days, I have been looking forward to a true sequel which can spice up the old formula a bit more. And then there is the painfully long wait since the announcement of Lumines electronic symphony and bang it's finally here! Does it deliver? Hell yes! The visuals are dazzling the music heart pumping and most importantly there is A big boost in gameplay! It's so addictive that only this late can I find some time to write about it! 10/10! Expand
  11. Mar 31, 2012
    Lumines is the most addictive puzzle game ever. Simplicity and a serenade of light and music create an irresistable fusion of symphonic bliss. Stacking same coloured blocks to create sqaures, encouraging you to create more ambitious combinations in the span of time it take for a timeline to travel accross the board. The electronica selection of music fits seamlessly with the visual styleLumines is the most addictive puzzle game ever. Simplicity and a serenade of light and music create an irresistable fusion of symphonic bliss. Stacking same coloured blocks to create sqaures, encouraging you to create more ambitious combinations in the span of time it take for a timeline to travel accross the board. The electronica selection of music fits seamlessly with the visual style and the addition of avatars makes high scoring easier and more addictive. Electronic Symphony is the dark horse of the Vita launch lineup, many will consider it as fodder of the launch lineup, but in actuality it's the most addictive game on the system. If you have a Vita, Lumines Electronic Symphony is one festival of sensual levity that you cannot miss out on. Expand
  12. Mar 27, 2012
    Some genres just work on handheld devices. The puzzle game is certainly one of them. Since the birth of Tetris, any self-respecting portable has boasted a selection of gems from this tried and tested genre. The Vita's predecessor featured the original Lumines, a truly awesome timesuck which kept you glued to the screen in the hopes of unlocking skins and music. Thankfully, the latest entrySome genres just work on handheld devices. The puzzle game is certainly one of them. Since the birth of Tetris, any self-respecting portable has boasted a selection of gems from this tried and tested genre. The Vita's predecessor featured the original Lumines, a truly awesome timesuck which kept you glued to the screen in the hopes of unlocking skins and music. Thankfully, the latest entry features that same addictive gameplay. Expand
  13. Mar 10, 2012
    Beautiful, thrilling and soul haunting experience. I had doubts whether the game would be for me but after I got a grip on how to play the game the mind blowing visuals and escalating music just suck me in deeper and deeper.
    Hats off to the geniuses at Q, they are probably the same guys who made Child of Eden which is one of my favorite game of 2011.
    Top notch stuff!!!
  14. Feb 24, 2012
    This game is hypnotic! It sucks you up until you're dead (in gaming terms of course), my only complain (totally personal) it's that I don't really enjoy the music that much, but the gameplay itself excels my own musical tastes almost certainly.
  15. Feb 21, 2012
    Hard to find fault with this game. The same flawless gameplay you liked, but even better. The addition of power-up "avatars" is a nice touch, the social features are well-implemented, the soundtrack is killer and the game looks and plays as great as always. An easy, easy recommendation for any fans of music or puzzling games.
  16. Feb 17, 2012
    Awesome game. Not so complicated, easy to play, addicting and it has some really kick-ass soundtrack. Better version of Lumines now doesn't exist......
  17. Feb 17, 2012
    Perfect game for a Vita Owner.
    It is hands down the best Lumines game so far. There have been some good and bad iterations (hello Android) but it would seem the developer hasn't lost its spark of inspiration when they pulled off this true sequel to an already marvelous game.
    I know from this day I am going anywhere without Lumies ES on my Vita.
  18. Feb 15, 2012
    I loved the games on PSP and I'm in love with this one. Once again LUMINES has managed to compose yet ANOTHER phenomenal soundtrack for their addictive tetris-styled game.
  19. Feb 21, 2012

1. May 5, 2012
    Lumines: Electronic Symphony is one of the best launch games for the Vita. The soundtrack and its design are great and the puzzle mechanic works well for long and short sessions. It's just too bad it's so expensive.
  2. Apr 30, 2012
    The best aspect of Lumines: Electronic Symphony is that you can play it for 10 minutes or an hour as you become mesmerised by the puzzle and music in front of you. It does help if you're into electronic music, especially with its thumping track listing. However if you're one of those people that become easily frustrated at puzzle games, you might want to look elsewhere for your enjoyment but this is definitely the Tetris of the 21st Century!
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Apr 25, 2012
    Nice "Tetris-style" logical game comes with similar playability as its predecessors – fast and smart but over time it becomes tedious. [Apr 2012]