8.0

1. Jan 22, 2014
    Now I know why Sony wanted to make this a PS Vita exclusive. The game feels like its made for the Vita. The controls are amazing , the music is superb and the game play will keep you hook up for days. It feels like the good old days of tony hawk 2 pressing buttons like a maniac to pull out combo trick after combo trick. You are going to need a lot of PATIENCE and REFLEXES to truly enjoyNow I know why Sony wanted to make this a PS Vita exclusive. The game feels like its made for the Vita. The controls are amazing , the music is superb and the game play will keep you hook up for days. It feels like the good old days of tony hawk 2 pressing buttons like a maniac to pull out combo trick after combo trick. You are going to need a lot of PATIENCE and REFLEXES to truly enjoy this game. But if you own a Vita support the exclusives because we rarely get them. Expand
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    I was never a fan of skateboarding game this game if fantastic yet blood boiling at the same time! Beautifully simple but adds layers of complexity that will keep hard-core gamers interested. Great time killer with a great daily grind feature which brings you a new challenge everyday. Well worth the investment.
  3. Jan 26, 2014
    Quite possibly the best fun I have had in ages, perfect for VITA and nails that 'just one more turn' thing... Couple of small bits that need sorting, but devs are on it - which is really nice to see! OlliOlliOlli - OiOiOi!
  4. Jan 22, 2014
    Many of us, when we were child, tried to ride a skate. But only a selected ones achieved it. Now, who are part of the first group, have the opportunity to demonstrate our hidden knowledge with OlliOlli. But, on the other hand, if you are an experimented skater, this recent indie title will give you a new challenge to beat.

Roll7 did an extremely good job with all the aspects and parts

Roll7 did an extremely good job with all the aspects and parts of the game, specially including a huge number of movements, tricks and grinds that we can combine each, getting our high multiplier explode(not literally).

Our main objective is to complete all the levels who are part of the different unlockable zones. But we’ll found other game modes like “Spots” or the “daily grind”. At last, over 50 levels are available if we play in normal mode but, if we want to improve our skills we need to unlock “pro” mode getting 5 stars in each level we played.

Don’t worry about the controls. The’re perfectly adapted to all the movements. Pads, buttons and triggers responds instantly with no mistakes. Sometimes is quite difficult to do the correct combo but luckily we have the access to the “Libro di Trucco” where we can found all the tricks and grinds we could do.

OlliOlli is translated into 5 languages. As you see, there are no excuses to try this excellent runner 2D with great price.

In IndiceVita had the oportunity to taste this big indie game and wrote a complete review of it in spanish, so feel free to take a look.

IndiceVita Final Score: 7,7
  5. Apr 22, 2014
    OlliOlli is a decent game. There are some things I like about it, and some things that I don't. An example of something I like about this game is the art style. The art style of this game is fantastic! It is very eye-catching, and it was one of the things that made me buy it in the recent sale.
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of things that I don't like about this game. For example, lets talk about the levels. The levels are very repetitive. Quite often, I found myself wondering if I had accidentally started playing the previous level. There needs to be more variety.
    Another thing that I don't like is the controls. They are very fidgety, and they took a while to get used to.
    However, neither of these annoy me more than this next point: the game crashes very often. To begin with, I thought that it was a problem with my Vita, but then a friend said that it was happening to him as well. I really hope that this gets fixed, as well as the addition of some kind of touch screen controls.
    I would only recommend that you buy this if it is in a sale, as it is not worth the normal £7.99 price.
  6. Oct 14, 2014
    A 2d skating game, that very much reminded me of Trials Evolution, OlliOlli offers a huge selection of tracks and challenges for players to complete using the wide variety of tricks available. While I could certainly appreciate the game for what it manages to achieve however, especially on such a low budget, I must admit that I often found it more frustrating than enjoyable. The controls,A 2d skating game, that very much reminded me of Trials Evolution, OlliOlli offers a huge selection of tracks and challenges for players to complete using the wide variety of tricks available. While I could certainly appreciate the game for what it manages to achieve however, especially on such a low budget, I must admit that I often found it more frustrating than enjoyable. The controls, which require players to be virtually spot with every button press, result in a steep learning curve and levels have to be memorised before you can really start racking up the high scores.

Anyone prepared to put in the time to master the tricky controls and learn the levels will find a deep and challenging game but, while I’ll revisit this on my Vita now and then, it’s just a little too difficult for me to really enjoy all that much.
  7. May 19, 2014
    Love the game, skateboarding on the vita at its finest. The tricks are absolutely fun, especially striving to get those achievements.

I gave this game an 8 due to encountering errors at times that basically shutdown the game and give the option to send over the error. Hope they do can fix these glitches.
  8. Jun 26, 2014
    This game has good potential but in my opinion it's let down by the controls which never feel intuitive. I frequently find myself missing a landing because I'm pressing the wrong combination or jumping when I didn't intend to do so. Close but no cigar.
  9. Jan 21, 2015
    As far as skating games go I grew up on the "Tony Hawk Pro Skater" series (as many of us did),I bought and played every edition to %100 completion. So when I heard the Vita was finally getting its own skating game,I figured I was in for a nice trip down PS2 memory lane and a few easy trophies along the way. Not so.I felt like this was my first time playing a skating game period!
    The guys
    The guys across the pond at Roll7 have crafted a completely different skating experience,forcing the player to abandon what they thought they knew and start from scratch.

(For more on Roll7,click HERE!)

"OlliOlli" is a single-player skate boarding game released for the PS Vita in January 2014. Winner of many awards,among which was Gamespot's Game of the Month in January 2014,upon first glance, "Olli" may not seem like much of an award winner,but one must first look beneath the surface...
    The graphical presentation resembles that of an arcade action platformer I might enjoy anyway,but it's actually a 2D side scroller,which is the main thing that took me by surprise,"a side scrolling skate boarding game?,this will never work". Yet somehow,they pulled it off,to stunning effect. The urban backgrounds are similar to "cardboard cut-outs" of buildings you might see in an old school movie. Charming stuff like that.
    You can literally close your eyes while listening to the gameplay and it sounds like you are listening to a "modernized" skate boarding game,on a next-gen home console. From the wheels rolling,to the rail grinding,everything sounds as it should. All of the "metal on metal" noises are present. The sound and the animation of your character bailing made me laugh more than it should have.
    The game starts you out with a seemingly simple,standard tutorial section,but to those of you new to the world of 2D skating, may need to repeat a couple sections to make sure you have everything down (I myself spent enough time repeating tutorials to have completed the entire game,haha!). But once those are over, the kid gloves are off. Every level has 5 goals to unlock,and failing prompts you to start from the beginning. The main buttons you will be using are the X,shoulder buttons, and Left Analog Stick. But within that simplicity there is complexity,so make sure you stick this landings and stack up as many points as possible

Good: Classic,arcade style,skating action
    Bad: more difficult than you might suspect
    Overall: fan of skating games will find "OlliOlli" to be worth a play,and you will definitely enjoy the sequel "Olliolli2" due next year!

1. Mar 12, 2014
    Once you crest its steep learning curve, it becomes subtly addictive. [Issue#145, p.114]
  2. Mar 10, 2014
    A great goofy take on skateboarding that will hopefully lay the groundwork for a very special follow-up. [Apr 2014, p.68]
  3. Mar 9, 2014
    An enjoyable bed-and-bus time distraction that is perhaps just a sequel away from greatness. [Apr 2014, p.60]