Persona 4 Golden PlayStation Vita

• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2012
9.2

1. Oct 11, 2013
    I like JRPGs but this just wasn't my cup of tea. The game is beautiful and the sound is awesome. But progressing Personas through the social link system made me cringe. The 4 hour tutorial was a little much even though it eased me into the game. But if you like building relationships with people in general you'll have a blast.
  2. Mar 26, 2014
    To sum up, P4G is 90% book and 10% gameplay. The writing and characterization is really good, I won't argue that, but as a GAME it is pretty bad. The gameplay consists are very generic and shallow turn based battles with no unique features. That is literally all the gameplay this game contains. Like I said, if all you want is a 100 hour visual novel to simulate the popular high schoolTo sum up, P4G is 90% book and 10% gameplay. The writing and characterization is really good, I won't argue that, but as a GAME it is pretty bad. The gameplay consists are very generic and shallow turn based battles with no unique features. That is literally all the gameplay this game contains. Like I said, if all you want is a 100 hour visual novel to simulate the popular high school experience and go out on dates with virtual girls, go ahead and get this game, but if you want an actual GAME, stay far away. Everything is there to serve the (EXTREMELY predictable plot, I guessed the ending after 10 hours), and honestly, the game is boring. I like books as much as the next guy, but this game is literally a book with some bad combat thrown in. Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is so bad and overrated, it's basically a JRPG Scooby-Doo. Bunch of teenagers solving murders. It's so repetitive like Pokémon, killing 10 levels of shadows and then rinse and repeat. The story is also really weird and disturbing. It gets 2 because of the voice acting and Rise Expand
  4. Nov 29, 2016
    Quite possibly the worst JRPG in the history of gaming. Old outdated gameplay, very bad graphics (you might actually go blind from the aweful design. I do not recommend at all!

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is part detective novel, part teenage simulation and part asian RPG – all being important pieces which combine to create some of the most memorable and entertaining moments I’ve ever had with a JRPG.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Apr 15, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden manages to make a classic JRPG even better. A definite buy for any Vita owners, and actually a good enough reason to justify the purchase of Sony's struggling handheld. [Apr 2013]
  3. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Apr 4, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is a Tardis of a game. Initially, it seems cute and friendly and it hooks you with its murder mystery and time management focus. Once you get inside, it opens up exponentially, awing you with its scope. [March 2013, p76]