• Publisher: Atlus
  • Release Date: Nov 20, 2012
9.3

1. Oct 11, 2013
    I like JRPGs but this just wasn't my cup of tea. The game is beautiful and the sound is awesome. But progressing Personas through the social link system made me cringe. The 4 hour tutorial was a little much even though it eased me into the game. But if you like building relationships with people in general you'll have a blast.
  2. Dec 14, 2013
    The game has long stretches of gameplay without save points and I've had it hang twice now on certain menu screens. I've lost about 12 hours of time due to this bug, and I'm absolutely disgusted that this was allowed to be put into the final product.
  3. Mar 26, 2014
    To sum up, P4G is 90% book and 10% gameplay. The writing and characterization is really good, I won't argue that, but as a GAME it is pretty bad. The gameplay consists are very generic and shallow turn based battles with no unique features. That is literally all the gameplay this game contains. Like I said, if all you want is a 100 hour visual novel to simulate the popular high school experience and go out on dates with virtual girls, go ahead and get this game, but if you want an actual GAME, stay far away. Everything is there to serve the (EXTREMELY predictable plot, I guessed the ending after 10 hours), and honestly, the game is boring. I like books as much as the next guy, but this game is literally a book with some bad combat thrown in. Expand

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden is part detective novel, part teenage simulation and part asian RPG – all being important pieces which combine to create some of the most memorable and entertaining moments I’ve ever had with a JRPG.
  2. Apr 15, 2013
    Persona 4 Golden manages to make a classic JRPG even better. A definite buy for any Vita owners, and actually a good enough reason to justify the purchase of Sony's struggling handheld. [Apr 2013]
  3. Persona 4 Golden is a Tardis of a game. Initially, it seems cute and friendly and it hooks you with its murder mystery and time management focus. Once you get inside, it opens up exponentially, awing you with its scope. [March 2013, p76]