8.4

1. Sep 7, 2013
    Removing control from the player in a platforming game is a big no no. The Murphy levels in this game do this and it breaks all immersion. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to control your character and use the touch screen to move the environment. This game could of been an easy 4/5 with the great normal/music levels but the Murphy levels ruin that chance. The Murphy levels areRemoving control from the player in a platforming game is a big no no. The Murphy levels in this game do this and it breaks all immersion. There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to control your character and use the touch screen to move the environment. This game could of been an easy 4/5 with the great normal/music levels but the Murphy levels ruin that chance. The Murphy levels are fundamentally flawed and as such I give this game a 2/5 or 4/10. Buy Rayman Origins instead. Expand
  2. Sep 24, 2013
    I have to say that this game is extremely beautiful to look at, and it has great controls and level design. There is however, 1 FATAL FLAW that kills the game for me and 2 friends of mine that bought the game for VITA: losing control of your character during the Murphy levels and being forced to complete them using incredibly frustrating touch-screen controls. I find myself skipping theseI have to say that this game is extremely beautiful to look at, and it has great controls and level design. There is however, 1 FATAL FLAW that kills the game for me and 2 friends of mine that bought the game for VITA: losing control of your character during the Murphy levels and being forced to complete them using incredibly frustrating touch-screen controls. I find myself skipping these levels whenever possible because of how rotten they are. Please Ubisoft, patch the game to include the Xbox 360/PS3 controls as an alternate option! Expand
  3. Feb 24, 2015
    I absolutely loved rayman origins. Easily my most enjoyed platformer on any ..ahem.. platform. Perhaps this explains my utter dismay at the absolutely dismal choices they made with the vita version of this game. They have liberally, and i do mean LIBERALLY spread Murphy levels throughout this game, with no indication to signal whether or not you are about to play a Murphy level or not.I absolutely loved rayman origins. Easily my most enjoyed platformer on any ..ahem.. platform. Perhaps this explains my utter dismay at the absolutely dismal choices they made with the vita version of this game. They have liberally, and i do mean LIBERALLY spread Murphy levels throughout this game, with no indication to signal whether or not you are about to play a Murphy level or not.

What's wrong with Murphy you ask? He's cute, yes, sure, but in Legends, at least on the vita, his gameplay relies exclusively on touchscreen controls... what this means is that, at any moment, and these moments are plentiful (i'm only a handful of hours into the game, but at least half of what I've played thus far, if not more, are these types of levels) you could find yourself forced to poke and swipe your way through a level, wondering why you can't just use the god-given control inputs your vita was born with.

If I wanted a touchscreen game I'd use my damn phone.. they could have, at the very least, identified these levels, maybe grouped them into their own section so those disinclined could avoid them.. or maybe, supported physical inputs for them.

gah! this game is awful. I paid

1. Oct 22, 2013
    Rayman Legends outperforms its predecessor not only quantitative but also in qualitative terms.
  2. Oct 1, 2013
    Rayman Legends on PSVita is a solid conversion, marginally plagued by some minor problems. But still: if you're looking for an enjoyable platforming experience on the go, look no further.
  3. Sep 27, 2013
    Rayman Legends is a masterpiece on every platform, and the PS Vita version is no exception. Nevertheless the game suffer from minor bugs such as a worst graphical definition and the lack, for now, of some levels. This is also the only other version featuring touch controls which makes this, in terms of gameplay, the closest experience to the WiiU version.