6.8

1. May 29, 2012
    Just to get this out, this is a Nhilistic software game which makes really below average games that are not worth buying. This is just another example of that. Going through the single player campaign i finished it around 6-7 hours which is pretty good for a shooter in this day and age. The graphics were so-so and the environments were drab and boring through the whole game. The storyJust to get this out, this is a Nhilistic software game which makes really below average games that are not worth buying. This is just another example of that. Going through the single player campaign i finished it around 6-7 hours which is pretty good for a shooter in this day and age. The graphics were so-so and the environments were drab and boring through the whole game. The story was very boring an stereotypical as well. The games only saving grace was its gameplay section. It was fun to shoot enemies and messing around with guns was fun as well. Being the first, FPS for the vita it was ambitious but ultimately it pales in comparison to its console counterparts by far and is just another FPS. It is definitely worth skipping and better to wait for gravity rush or other games that may be announced at E3. Expand
  2. May 29, 2012
    This is game (after the surprisingly good orginal trilogy for the ps3) leaves nothing behind but a sour taste and memories of a dull, uninspiring and short campaign. Don't take the metascore at face value either, this game is defintly lower than a 6, just all the playstation blogs and magazines are the only ones giving it decent reviews.
  3. May 29, 2012
    It's a very mediocre fps (to say the less), graphics are more like those ones from ps2 games. I think Unit 13 is much better (although it's not a fps). What really impress me here is the existence of some positive scores (maybe there are some game developers from nihilistic subscribed).
  4. May 29, 2012
    Games like this make me wonder if the developer was even really trying. I was looking forward to this game and it honestly disappointed me. The graphics are a mixed bag, ranging from atrocious to decent, with the latter hardly making an appearance. The touch controls feel tacked on and unintuitive and the enemy AI is ridiculous, with most of the Chimera just standing around waiting to beGames like this make me wonder if the developer was even really trying. I was looking forward to this game and it honestly disappointed me. The graphics are a mixed bag, ranging from atrocious to decent, with the latter hardly making an appearance. The touch controls feel tacked on and unintuitive and the enemy AI is ridiculous, with most of the Chimera just standing around waiting to be shot in the face. It would take me far too long to explain everything that is wrong with this game, but to name a few: story mode is ridiculously short and incredibly easy, graphics randomly pop in and out, the touch screen is highly unintuitive during a firefight, and cutscenes are UNSKIPPABLE (this one is just nonsensical). It's a fun game if all you're looking for is an incredibly generic FPS in which you shoot things that don't fight back (maybe the Chimera are peacefully protesting being put in such an abysmal game). If you're looking for more, look elsewhere because this installment is a vapid excuse of a game and nowhere near the caliber of the games that came before it. Expand
  5. May 30, 2012
    I can't believe I'm playing this. First of all i would like to say that i am a huge fan of the Resistance series, and i picked this one up really excited to have fun with it. But when i started playing i was completely surprised. The campaign lasted only a few hours. In the Resistance series the story and the characters are a nice addition to what would normally be a good shooter but inI can't believe I'm playing this. First of all i would like to say that i am a huge fan of the Resistance series, and i picked this one up really excited to have fun with it. But when i started playing i was completely surprised. The campaign lasted only a few hours. In the Resistance series the story and the characters are a nice addition to what would normally be a good shooter but in this game there is no real story and the characters are bland and just plain awful. Next the controls, the analog sticks work well but that is expected but everything else is terrible! They add in a large amount of touch controls to do different shots and throw grinds and even to do melee attacks, its clunky and does not fit the flow of an FPS. They also incorporate the back touch screen and that is clunky and sometimes unresponsive. Lastly there is the multiplayer, there are only a few different game types and they are generic things that we have seen multiple times before! the servers are not to great too, also it is hard to even find players, I'm guessing after a month the online part will be completely vacant. Pretty much the only good thing i can says bout it is that it is an easy platinum trophy, and that is it. don't pick it up unless you get it for free, its not worth your money or your time. I hope another company makes a resistance title on the vita to redeem its name form this disappointment. Expand
  6. Jun 1, 2012
    Resistance: BS was a major let down for me. The in game graphics are average, but even worse are the cut scenes! It's like they recorded a cartoon at half the resolution of the Vita. They play back as a pixelated mess... I can live without great graphics, but the terrible cut scenes just give a rushed feel to this game. Next up is the sound. The gunfire sounds like popcorn popping...Resistance: BS was a major let down for me. The in game graphics are average, but even worse are the cut scenes! It's like they recorded a cartoon at half the resolution of the Vita. They play back as a pixelated mess... I can live without great graphics, but the terrible cut scenes just give a rushed feel to this game. Next up is the sound. The gunfire sounds like popcorn popping... I'm not sure how much too expect from the Vita's little speakers, but non the less, the popcorn gunfire is rubbish. There is also very little atmosphere created with the sound. You get the odd footstep as you walk along and thats about it.

The level design is very sparse and boring. The 'battle to save the world' type feeling is lost due to the lack of people! You come across the odd group of two or three soldiers fighting and occasionally you might find the odd civilian here and there. It's pretty lame....

The story is pretty generic, but it's a FPS. FPS games generally are a bit lacking in the engaging story side of things. What makes this one extra bad though is the poor voice acting and totally lame / cheesy lines that the characters come out with. Some parts are so lame, I actually laughed a bit.

A positive point about the game is that the controls are actually pretty good! The touch element isn't overdone or annoying and the twin stick setup is great. The actual shooting of Chimera is pretty good fun. It's just a shame that the campaign is so short and easy to blast through. You could easily complete it in a few hours. Once the campaign is done, there is nothing left to do. You will have just about earnt your platinum trophy.... Multiplayer should have been something that you can move on to, but at this stage it's pretty much broken. If you get into a working lobby, it's pretty good fun, but that is half the battle. Lobbies crash all the time and even if you do get in, they seem to be full of glitches. Look on Youtube for people glitching. It's pretty bad. Even if the connection issues get fixed and the glitches sorted out, the multiplayer is fairly limited and I'm not sure it would be engaging for very long.

All in all, the game is pretty much sub par. I had fun shooting Chimera and the bosses are satisfying to beat. It serves as a nice tech demo of what a FPS will play like on the Vita. Aside from that, you have a bland, sometimes boring, lamely acted out story. A short and easy campaign and a limited / sometimes broken multiplayer. How anyone could rate this game a 10 is beyond me...? Sure, they might have enjoyed it, but the glitches and broken bits are so obvious that you can't miss them. This game is far from being polished perfection!! Currently it's the best (only) FPS on the Vita. If you want to shoot some stuff, then buy it. Just be warned that it's very short lived and definitely not worth the full retail price.
  7. Jun 20, 2012
    There is nothing more for this game except being the first full fledged console FPS on a portable system and still has some control issues regarding to having to stretch your thumbs to trow grenades of use the axe. Beyond that the game is not very thrilling or compelling or even good... It's another bland FPS that the industry has been **** out for the last 8 years
  8. Jun 14, 2012
    Did you ever want to play an FPS on a handheld? Or a console?
    Yeah, me neither.
    Still, it's pretty decent I guess. I think the developers accidentally set everything to grayscale mode in Photoshop two months before shipping and just slapped some brown and grey filters over everything. Didn't care for the story. Ridge Racer has shown us that stories do not matter in games. It also has a
    Did you ever want to play an FPS on a handheld? Or a console?
    Yeah, me neither.
    Didn't care for the story. Ridge Racer has shown us that stories do not matter in games. It also has a far better use for the dual analog sticks that can be used for...camera control and...............
    anyway, this game was good. Nice sounds (I played the Ridge Racer soundtrack over most of it).
  9. Aug 19, 2012
    It's pretty bad. For starters, both the graphics and sound are below average. Every single area is greyish and bland, and there's rarely any background music to accompany the sound of your footsteps. The story is no better; during the whole singleplayer campaign, I didn't come across one single interesting character. Everyone I met were boring and forgettable, and the plot itself isIt's pretty bad. For starters, both the graphics and sound are below average. Every single area is greyish and bland, and there's rarely any background music to accompany the sound of your footsteps. The story is no better; during the whole singleplayer campaign, I didn't come across one single interesting character. Everyone I met were boring and forgettable, and the plot itself is nothing special. There's a multiplayer component included as well, but it's unbalanced and laggy. There's a few decent aspects to game though, including pretty solid controls, a good amount of weapons at your disposal, as well as decent voice acting, but it's ultimately not enough to save Resistance: Burning Skies from being just another generic shooter. Expand
  10. Aug 26, 2012
    Graphics median (next playstation 2), sounds bads , median history but good varieties of weapons, good gameplay and multiplayer acceptable which is pioneering a portable. A good pass time for the Vita.
  11. Oct 5, 2012
    It the first FPS on the psvita but it not good graphic look like the iphone games and story it very weak it worth 10 but no high.The touch controls feel tacked on and unintuitive and the enemy AI is ridiculou
  12. Oct 14, 2013
    I I were to sum up Resistance: Burning Skies into a single word, that word would be disappointing. My anticipation for Burning Skies was unparalleled, but I cannot emphasis my disappointment enough. What was planned to launch off the portable era of FPS crashed and burned in what I believe to be an abomination of a game. Unlike 2009's Resistance: Retribution, Burning Skies failed to bringI I were to sum up Resistance: Burning Skies into a single word, that word would be disappointing. My anticipation for Burning Skies was unparalleled, but I cannot emphasis my disappointment enough. What was planned to launch off the portable era of FPS crashed and burned in what I believe to be an abomination of a game. Unlike 2009's Resistance: Retribution, Burning Skies failed to bring the quality shooter many thought was coming. Instead, Burning Skies turns out to be underwhelming in almost every category. Seeing as Burning Skies was one of the PlayStation Vita's earliest titles, as well as its first person shooter, expectations were high. Launching on a very capable portable device, Burning Skies seemed prime to deliver console quality gameplay, as well as beautiful visuals. Unfortunately, Burning Skies is lacking in both categories. In terms of gameplay, Burning Skies feels broken. The gun variety is lacking, and shooting down your foes isn't as fun as Id hoped. Gun fire sounds cheap, and during certain melee sequences, the game appears to be missing some audio affects. Burning Skies isn't saved by glorious visuals either. The game shames the previous titles in the Resistance series with boring, muddy, and especially empty environments, as well as ugly character models. Finally, we are left with a cliché story I doubt anyone was invested in. Expand
  13. Jun 20, 2014
    Seeing how the Vita lacks strong titles this game was rushed out and plain and simple dont look ready, im guessing that's why this game came of with sucha poor result. Gameplay is weird, graphics could have looked alot better, and the soundtrack just dies of from time to time, leaving you with nothing to hear then your own footsteps, it feels alot like a mid 90s FPS game.

1. Aug 30, 2012
    Six hours of your life, roughly one hour per each level, will drain away, leaving you only with disappointment.
  2. Aug 10, 2012
    Resistance: Burning Skies is an admirable effort but ends of leaving a lot to be desired. The game may carry the popular Resistance name, but the experience certainly doesn't mimic the standard(s) set by that previous entries in the series. Still, this is solid proof that the FPS-genre can succeed on a handheld system.
  3. Aug 3, 2012
    Proof that first person shooters can work perfectly on portable consoles. The arsenal is as good as ever in the Resistance-series, but the campaign is quite short and forgettable.