- Summary: SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS immediately follows the events of SENRAN KAGURA Burst, revisiting the fierce rivalry between the girls of Hanz? National Academy and their sworn enemies from Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy, the latter of which have now gone underground and formed a mercenarySENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS immediately follows the events of SENRAN KAGURA Burst, revisiting the fierce rivalry between the girls of Hanz? National Academy and their sworn enemies from Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy, the latter of which have now gone underground and formed a mercenary strike team known as the Homura Crimson Squad. In addition to their old adversaries, the Hanz? girls must also face a whole new set of foes: the students of Gessen Girls’ Academy, who seek to punish them for their imperfections as shinobi warriors. Meanwhile, a new class is in session at Hebijo, and these students mean business: they oppose all three of the competing factions and will stop at nothing to be the last shinobi squad standing – even if it means leaving broken bodies and shattered dreams in their wake.… Expand
Oct 31, 2014With a great combat system, tons of customization options, some great characters and a few hundred missions to go through, Shinovi Versus is a must have for anyone who enjoys great combat - as long as they're not overly sensitive to fanservice or sex jokes.
Oct 17, 2014Once I recovered from the shock and awe of the T&A, the thoughtful design and satisfying mechanics of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus had no problem keeping my attention. I'd recommend it to any Vita owner looking for fast action in short bursts, but I'd never let anyone watch over my shoulder, though...
Oct 14, 2014Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus is a fun hack and slash game.
Includes an excellent story. fun combat, and lovable characters.
The camera hasSenran Kagura Shinovi Versus is a fun hack and slash game.
Includes an excellent story. fun combat, and lovable characters.
The camera has a bit of problems, but other than that this game is truly worh its price.… Expand
Oct 17, 2014Sencillamente detrás de todo el fanservice que muestra la publicidad se esconde un gran juego, dentro del genero de "yo contra el barrio".Sencillamente detrás de todo el fanservice que muestra la publicidad se esconde un gran juego, dentro del genero de "yo contra el barrio". Primero la lista de personajes a seleccionar es mucho mas amplia de la vista en la 3DS con el Burst, al ser las involucradas 4 academias, y cada una tiene su estilo de juego, con su propia arma y forma de comportarse dentro del escenario.
Luego cada personaje tiene sus puntos fuertes y debiles, y se pueden ir creciendo con el aumento de los niveles, sus estadísticas se incrementan, tienen nuevos movimientos, y se logran desbloquear distintos objetos, en este sentido toma prestado elementos que vemos mas en los rpgs que los juegos de lucha callejera, aparte que los enemigos pueden dejar items útiles en el escenario muy al estilo de los juegos de musou de Tecmo.
Aunque la historia no es la gran cosa, sirve, y al menos permite dar un transfondo a los personajes, sus objetivos y que las motiva a seguir luchando, en realidad se hace bastante ameno en muchas ocasiones, aunque lo estoy iniciando me ha gustado bastante, solo espero que se mantenga así hasta el final.
En lo personal me gusta, es se vuelve muy entretenido y hay momentos donde uno no lo quiere soltar, es un juego ideal para portátiles definitivamente. A veces no hay que hacer tanto caso a la publicidad que gira en entorno a las chicas y sus atributos, detrás de todo esto hay un gran titulo, por lo menos para mi que me encantan estos tipos de juegos, creo que vale la pena.… Expand
May 29, 2015One of my all time favorite games. It's just awesome. IT'S AWESOME. A lot of action + perfect controlls + great graphics/style + great music +One of my all time favorite games. It's just awesome. IT'S AWESOME. A lot of action + perfect controlls + great graphics/style + great music + a lot of female skin = a lot of fun.… Expand
Oct 15, 2014all i wanted to say is that don't read the sjw reviews, just try the game the combat is really fun
also this game is all about theall i wanted to say is that don't read the sjw reviews, just try the game the combat is really fun
also this game is all about the fanservice, which is done really well… Expand
Feb 9, 2015If you love the aesthetic, this is a 9. The only things keeping it away from a perfect score are performance issues (sporadic slight framerateIf you love the aesthetic, this is a 9. The only things keeping it away from a perfect score are performance issues (sporadic slight framerate drop, and long loading times).
If you don't mind it, count it as a 7,5. Enjoyable characters, a load of content, and a good combat system will surely keep you hooked for a lot of hours.
If you hate it, it'll be a 6. You MIGHT just want to try it out.
Senran Kagura is a content-filled hack 'n' slash game with an immense amount of fanservice. Much has been said on this game already, so I'll simply explain why I gave the score I did.
Shinovi Versus can be broken down in a couple of aspects, that will decide to what extent you will like this game or not.
Easiest to notice is its sexy anime esthetic, which may be either a dealbreaker or -maker, depending on your own preference. If you don't like scantily clad females, don't play this. If you don't mind them, read on and you might like what you read. If you love it, I wonder why you haven't gotten this game yet. Seriously. There are a ton of customization options, and there is a touch-em-up system that allows you to lift skirts, either with your finger or by blowing into the microphone (no kidding), jiggle breasts, and strip down your character to their lingerie.
It has a huge story, broken up into 4 schools, with each 5 chapters, that in turn consist of 5 missions, leaving you with a 100 main story missions, all accompanied by largely voice-acted visual novel style story sequences. Moreover, every character (5 per school plus 2 dlc characters) has its own (generally much more lighthearted than the main story) 5 mission story. 100 main story missions + (4 schools x 5 characters x 5 missions + 2 DLC x 5 missions) = 230 missions, if I am not mistaken.
If you like the characters, enjoy the writing (which is surprisingly good for a fanservice-game), then you will have A LOT of stuff to do.
The characters themselves are generally enjoyable, most of which can be put into one or another anime-cliché, but tend to show to be much more than just that (although some others may be stuck in one). I personally would have preferred a couple more less large-chested characters, but hey, I am not going to complain about boobs.
The combat is awesome. You might hate the aestethics, but this is a good combat system. You'll quickly find yourself doing 100-hit combos with cancels, aerial raves and whatnot. It's easy to learn, but I must admit that the higher level missions can be pretty tough.
The system, performance-wise, is a bit lacking. Sometimes there is a slight framerate drop (nothing that made it impossible to play for me), and loading times are longer than the average vita game has gotten you used to.… Expand
Oct 21, 2014A very fun hack and slash experience. The first game on 3DS while fun had a lot of issues which kept it from being great. Shinovi VersusA very fun hack and slash experience. The first game on 3DS while fun had a lot of issues which kept it from being great. Shinovi Versus however improves on almost all the issues in burst. The gameplay is great with tight controls, smooth framerate, and awesome level design. The hack and slash gameplay is flawless and the levels are full of several enemies to battle. The storyline is also very entertaining as each of the characters are funny and full of personality as there are 20 character stories and 4 school stories which fills the game with hours of content including an excellent online multiplayer. The only problem is the boss fights as almost every single boss is a minion fight plus a boss and it gets very annoying especially bear enemies combined with a boss. Overall Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus is a fun and enjoyable experience and I recommend this title to anyone looking for a great time.… Expand
Jun 9, 2015Short review: Enemies AI have lot health, recover quickly, you need to make combo without being attack, if you were attacked, your characterShort review: Enemies AI have lot health, recover quickly, you need to make combo without being attack, if you were attacked, your character spin a lot while you grit your teeth.
Long review read below....
2 good thing about this game is good graphic animation and good story ( at least make sense in Senran Kagura world )
8 bad thing is as follow ( most about combat )
1. Your character always thrown off or spin like an idiot after being attack by enemies. Yup...nice...
2. Your attack range is so short than AI enemies attack range. Yup, SO SHORT. SO CLOSE TO BEING USELESS.
3. Unable to create different attack skill since u need to use 2 button ONLY instead like blazblue, Street Fighter or Tekken where you can input directional to trigger attack command as well.
4. Aerial Rave is complete useless since AI able to recover quickly. Fix this problem!!! Urghh!!!
5. Camera while battle is horrible. It's like having people close your eye while playing tetris or counter-strike when you character cornered to the wall.
6. Command input while battle is stupid. This is a fighting game, u need to put combo but the lack of attention the programmer of this game really shine when I cannot execute combo as i wanted to since my character taking a beating. I need to have my character stand still uninterrupted then I can put combo to attack the enemies that actually quickly recover and make your life miserable again and again and again.
7. Rin n Daidouji as DLC need to be pay. Seriously? Are you that desperate in getting people money? Why not as unlockable character if your have grade A for every battle in each chapter? What the point of having grade? This is stupidity.
8. Set clothes. Fix this **** I want to give different top to katsuragi, why i can only give her below?
I love all the character in the game. They have personality. The drawing are cute and gorgeous. Don't mention sexy part since there are other game that show more than this game. The game really disappoint me the most when I cannot win in last battle mode against Homura or Asuka. Too much advantage given to AI. The game are no longer fun to play. The battle is horrible. I spend 2 Week playing this game and that's it. No point playing the game again when u know there's nothing left to explore except pain, hatred, and pure frustration. Take a look of this review I write. It's long. That just how much I care about the game and the franchise ( Story about Senran Kagura ). I have more fun look at Senran Kagura Still image drawn by Yaegashi Nan. Bottom line is The prgrammer of this game is lazy. The company only care about money and I need to find money to fix my PS VITA. The end.… Expand