- Summary: SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS immediately follows the events of SENRAN KAGURA Burst, revisiting the fierce rivalry between the girls of Hanz? National Academy and their sworn enemies from Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy, the latter of which have now gone underground and formed a mercenarySENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS immediately follows the events of SENRAN KAGURA Burst, revisiting the fierce rivalry between the girls of Hanz? National Academy and their sworn enemies from Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy, the latter of which have now gone underground and formed a mercenary strike team known as the Homura Crimson Squad. In addition to their old adversaries, the Hanz? girls must also face a whole new set of foes: the students of Gessen Girls’ Academy, who seek to punish them for their imperfections as shinobi warriors. Meanwhile, a new class is in session at Hebijo, and these students mean business: they oppose all three of the competing factions and will stop at nothing to be the last shinobi squad standing – even if it means leaving broken bodies and shattered dreams in their wake.… Expand
Oct 31, 2014With a great combat system, tons of customization options, some great characters and a few hundred missions to go through, Shinovi Versus is a must have for anyone who enjoys great combat - as long as they're not overly sensitive to fanservice or sex jokes.
Oct 17, 2014Once I recovered from the shock and awe of the T&A, the thoughtful design and satisfying mechanics of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus had no problem keeping my attention. I'd recommend it to any Vita owner looking for fast action in short bursts, but I'd never let anyone watch over my shoulder, though...
Oct 14, 2014Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus is a fun hack and slash game.
Includes an excellent story. fun combat, and lovable characters.
The camera hasSenran Kagura Shinovi Versus is a fun hack and slash game.
Includes an excellent story. fun combat, and lovable characters.
The camera has a bit of problems, but other than that this game is truly worh its price.… Expand
Oct 21, 2014Surprisingly good, supremely entertaining. The fan service is so well integrated into the game it never gets in the way. That said, theSurprisingly good, supremely entertaining. The fan service is so well integrated into the game it never gets in the way. That said, the subject matter will easily turn off some people because of its shallow exterior.… Expand
Oct 17, 2014Sencillamente detrás de todo el fanservice que muestra la publicidad se esconde un gran juego, dentro del genero de "yo contra el barrio".Sencillamente detrás de todo el fanservice que muestra la publicidad se esconde un gran juego, dentro del genero de "yo contra el barrio". Primero la lista de personajes a seleccionar es mucho mas amplia de la vista en la 3DS con el Burst, al ser las involucradas 4 academias, y cada una tiene su estilo de juego, con su propia arma y forma de comportarse dentro del escenario.
Luego cada personaje tiene sus puntos fuertes y debiles, y se pueden ir creciendo con el aumento de los niveles, sus estadísticas se incrementan, tienen nuevos movimientos, y se logran desbloquear distintos objetos, en este sentido toma prestado elementos que vemos mas en los rpgs que los juegos de lucha callejera, aparte que los enemigos pueden dejar items útiles en el escenario muy al estilo de los juegos de musou de Tecmo.
Aunque la historia no es la gran cosa, sirve, y al menos permite dar un transfondo a los personajes, sus objetivos y que las motiva a seguir luchando, en realidad se hace bastante ameno en muchas ocasiones, aunque lo estoy iniciando me ha gustado bastante, solo espero que se mantenga así hasta el final.
En lo personal me gusta, es se vuelve muy entretenido y hay momentos donde uno no lo quiere soltar, es un juego ideal para portátiles definitivamente. A veces no hay que hacer tanto caso a la publicidad que gira en entorno a las chicas y sus atributos, detrás de todo esto hay un gran titulo, por lo menos para mi que me encantan estos tipos de juegos, creo que vale la pena.… Expand
Nov 3, 2014While I don't actually own the American or the EU version, I have had the Japanese title for more than a year and have even got the platinumWhile I don't actually own the American or the EU version, I have had the Japanese title for more than a year and have even got the platinum for it.
All I can attest to is the Japanese version, so I'm sure some worded scenes are very different from their Western counterparts.
First: Breasts. And lots of them. This game is chalk full of girls getting pissed at one another and tearing each other's clothes off in a most 'bouncy' fashion. The ridiculous fun that comes with slashing off your opponent's clothing and exposing their bare breasts (with cute face chibis to cover 'em up) always brings a strange smile to my face. Why is it so fun? Probably because I'm a man.
Second: Gameplay is a blast. Go about slashing and hacking your way to victory is always a sure way to get someone to play the game. Specials, super meters, powerups, level ups, and beat 'em ups bring this title as King, or *ahem* Queen of the bouncing breast genra. DOA, eat your heart out.
Third: Dress up. Oh gosh. The things you can do while their dressing is pretty lewd. Needless to say, do this while no one is watching you. Bunny outfits, school uniforms, 'barely there' armour, panties, accessories and more enable you to spend oodles of time doting on your favorite girls. Protip: it's funny to give the small chested ones the clothing geared for big breasts.
Fourth: The story is a continuation of previous SK games, I have no idea if this has changed in the Western version or not, but I can tell you that the Japanese version has it's fair share of seriousness, lewdness and hilariousness.
Fifth: There are lots of breasts in this game. Like, a lot, a lot. There is so many pairs to choose from, it's almost overwhelming.
The Cons: The game can become repetitive past a certain point, and the multiplayer seemed dead as far as I could tell (again, it may differ in Western versions). The clipping on certain costumes can be irritating at times, and there is no real option to color things how you want.
Disclaimer: Senran Kagura: Shinovi versus is a game meant to be taken as a massive joke and not to be confused with how you're supposed to treat women in real life. These are computer generated girls, and last I checked, you can't pay them to have sex with you in the front seat of a car, run them over, and take your money back. So if you have a problem with the bouncy curves of anime women then this game is not for you.… Expand
Oct 21, 2014A very fun hack and slash experience. The first game on 3DS while fun had a lot of issues which kept it from being great. Shinovi VersusA very fun hack and slash experience. The first game on 3DS while fun had a lot of issues which kept it from being great. Shinovi Versus however improves on almost all the issues in burst. The gameplay is great with tight controls, smooth framerate, and awesome level design. The hack and slash gameplay is flawless and the levels are full of several enemies to battle. The storyline is also very entertaining as each of the characters are funny and full of personality as there are 20 character stories and 4 school stories which fills the game with hours of content including an excellent online multiplayer. The only problem is the boss fights as almost every single boss is a minion fight plus a boss and it gets very annoying especially bear enemies combined with a boss. Overall Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus is a fun and enjoyable experience and I recommend this title to anyone looking for a great time.… Expand
Oct 23, 2015The story, character development, and not to mention gameplay are surprisingly good. I went into this game expecting a half-assed effort whenThe story, character development, and not to mention gameplay are surprisingly good. I went into this game expecting a half-assed effort when it came to gameplay, because people are obviously buying it because they saw **** & ass. But the game delivers!
Now, it can get a little repetitive after a while, and the constant close-ups on the girls will bog down the pace of the fights. The camera could be a lot better as well. I even had it glitch on me once where it went underneath the ground. That was weird. But still, it's serviceable beyond that.
Good game, I recommend it :)… Expand
Jun 9, 2015Short review: Enemies AI have lot health, recover quickly, you need to make combo without being attack, if you were attacked, your characterShort review: Enemies AI have lot health, recover quickly, you need to make combo without being attack, if you were attacked, your character spin a lot while you grit your teeth.
Long review read below....
2 good thing about this game is good graphic animation and good story ( at least make sense in Senran Kagura world )
8 bad thing is as follow ( most about combat )
1. Your character always thrown off or spin like an idiot after being attack by enemies. Yup...nice...
2. Your attack range is so short than AI enemies attack range. Yup, SO SHORT. SO CLOSE TO BEING USELESS.
3. Unable to create different attack skill since u need to use 2 button ONLY instead like blazblue, Street Fighter or Tekken where you can input directional to trigger attack command as well.
4. Aerial Rave is complete useless since AI able to recover quickly. Fix this problem!!! Urghh!!!
5. Camera while battle is horrible. It's like having people close your eye while playing tetris or counter-strike when you character cornered to the wall.
6. Command input while battle is stupid. This is a fighting game, u need to put combo but the lack of attention the programmer of this game really shine when I cannot execute combo as i wanted to since my character taking a beating. I need to have my character stand still uninterrupted then I can put combo to attack the enemies that actually quickly recover and make your life miserable again and again and again.
7. Rin n Daidouji as DLC need to be pay. Seriously? Are you that desperate in getting people money? Why not as unlockable character if your have grade A for every battle in each chapter? What the point of having grade? This is stupidity.
8. Set clothes. Fix this **** I want to give different top to katsuragi, why i can only give her below?
I love all the character in the game. They have personality. The drawing are cute and gorgeous. Don't mention sexy part since there are other game that show more than this game. The game really disappoint me the most when I cannot win in last battle mode against Homura or Asuka. Too much advantage given to AI. The game are no longer fun to play. The battle is horrible. I spend 2 Week playing this game and that's it. No point playing the game again when u know there's nothing left to explore except pain, hatred, and pure frustration. Take a look of this review I write. It's long. That just how much I care about the game and the franchise ( Story about Senran Kagura ). I have more fun look at Senran Kagura Still image drawn by Yaegashi Nan. Bottom line is The prgrammer of this game is lazy. The company only care about money and I need to find money to fix my PS VITA. The end.… Expand