5.2

1. Oct 17, 2012
    So I picked this game up yesterday, after playing the demo I really liked it. So I started playing it and got past the demo and it is really awesome. at first its kinda slow but its just because its trying to teach you the basics because there are alot of different things to know. I also got a chance to play the 4 man MULTIPLAYER and that is also really smooth with no lag and also havingSo I picked this game up yesterday, after playing the demo I really liked it. So I started playing it and got past the demo and it is really awesome. at first its kinda slow but its just because its trying to teach you the basics because there are alot of different things to know. I also got a chance to play the 4 man MULTIPLAYER and that is also really smooth with no lag and also having more people helps you get through the zones faster. The voice while your playing is pretty cool to. I really have enjoyed this game so far and would reccomend it. I would give this game 9 but just because people are giving 0s which is not even fair to the game Here is my score Expand
  2. Oct 17, 2012
    One reviewer accused another of padding the score with a 10 because he knows that the game will get lots of low scores. I admit that is what I am doing, not because this is a bad game, IMHO i think it deserves a 6-7. I'm not afraid of "butthurt fanboys" but I know that the same trolls that always score any Vita game "0" (even though they have never played or even own a Vita) will be backOne reviewer accused another of padding the score with a 10 because he knows that the game will get lots of low scores. I admit that is what I am doing, not because this is a bad game, IMHO i think it deserves a 6-7. I'm not afraid of "butthurt fanboys" but I know that the same trolls that always score any Vita game "0" (even though they have never played or even own a Vita) will be back to do the same with this game. For those who are honestly interested in my opinion of the game (after playing it for 7 hrs) it is a good top-down shooter/brawler. Do not try to judge it by other entries in the franchise, its definitely not as good as SH 1,2 or 3 but I think its a lot more engaging than the later games (not that that's any great accomplishment). If you like Silent Hill & you like top down shooters/brawlers then give this a try, you wont be sorry Expand
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    Actually surprised me! They tried something different and it worked, sure the horror isnt exactly there, but it still has silent hill elements that will provide a fun experience well worth trying out! It may not be for everybody but i really enjoyed myself.
  4. Oct 19, 2012
    This game is what Dungeon Hunter should have been.
    This is a real dungeon crawler game, the frame rate is smooth , the music is outstanding, the level design is brilliant, the plot is just ok, but the gameplay is adicting, the multiplayer is even better.
    Its a great game that most of PSVita owner should own.
  5. Oct 24, 2012
    I'll be honest that I kinda cringed at a dungeon crawler silent hill title, but I got the free demo and it kinda won me over with its addictive quality. I mean who doesn't like collecting loot? I got even more interested in it so I picked up the full copy. I must say I am pleased with my purchase. Its kinda like if silent hill and diablo had a kid and add just a splash of castlevania andI'll be honest that I kinda cringed at a dungeon crawler silent hill title, but I got the free demo and it kinda won me over with its addictive quality. I mean who doesn't like collecting loot? I got even more interested in it so I picked up the full copy. I must say I am pleased with my purchase. Its kinda like if silent hill and diablo had a kid and add just a splash of castlevania and book of memories is what you will get. Now I have not tried the multiplayer yet but you can get up to 4 people in one party slaying monsters and collecting loot. If you are a PS Vita owner you should definitely pick this up or at the very least download the free demo. Just ignore all the haters and make your own choice about this great title. Expand
  6. Oct 18, 2012
    A lot of people hate change, and that change is going to pull in a lot of negative reviews by people who have NEVER PLAYED THE GAME. This game is incredibly well made, the story is interesting and fun. The only issue I have with the game is the targeting system. Its a press and hold the Left Trigger button to target, it would of been nice if you could press once and it targets, and you canA lot of people hate change, and that change is going to pull in a lot of negative reviews by people who have NEVER PLAYED THE GAME. This game is incredibly well made, the story is interesting and fun. The only issue I have with the game is the targeting system. Its a press and hold the Left Trigger button to target, it would of been nice if you could press once and it targets, and you can press it again to untarget, otherwise combat is great. Overall a good game! Expand
  7. Oct 19, 2012
    Silent Hill: Book of Memories is a welcome addition to the game library of the PS Vita and actually a good one. The game is more like a dungeon crawler in Diablo style with lots of elements of previous Silent Hill games. You will meet known Silent Hill enemies like the nurses, dogs, spiders, pyramid head, the butcher and lots more. There are different worlds which are divided in zones toSilent Hill: Book of Memories is a welcome addition to the game library of the PS Vita and actually a good one. The game is more like a dungeon crawler in Diablo style with lots of elements of previous Silent Hill games. You will meet known Silent Hill enemies like the nurses, dogs, spiders, pyramid head, the butcher and lots more. There are different worlds which are divided in zones to explore with each having a final boss.

The combat systems feels easy to manage and the karma systems adds some powerful extra moves. As it is more like an Action-RPG, you can level up your character to become stronger to have better chances against the monsters and enemies in the higher zones. Speaking of zones, the game has 100 zones to explore which means many hours of gameplay. And also the replay value is high as there are 6 different endings available. Additionally the game includes an online multi player mode where 4 players can explore the different zones of Silent Hill: Book of Memories.

The controls are easy to manage and very intuitive and also the touchscreen of the PS Vita has been integrated very well.Technically the graphic look good on the OLED screen and the soundtrack reminds me a lot of former Silent Hill games, especially the title track 'Now we're free' is awesome.

I am enjoying this game since the first day and can recommend this game to all PS Vita owners who are looking for a new gaming experience.

If you expect something like Silent Hill 1 - 4, Homecoming or Downpour I am sure you will get disappointed and you better keep your hands off of this game, but otherwise Silent Hill: Book of Memories will offer many hours of fun and deep gameplay.
  8. Nov 7, 2012
    No doubt konami has dragged Silent Hill series to other dimensions. With the latest release on this series, "The Book of memories" the face of silent hill has gone too far from its origins. We had such a good silent hill games on PSP and this game looks very disappointing. As a dungeon crawling game, we can say Book Of Memories does a good job however in some aspects it has lack of contentNo doubt konami has dragged Silent Hill series to other dimensions. With the latest release on this series, "The Book of memories" the face of silent hill has gone too far from its origins. We had such a good silent hill games on PSP and this game looks very disappointing. As a dungeon crawling game, we can say Book Of Memories does a good job however in some aspects it has lack of content or its lost being a RPG or a Hack n slash game. In the other hand it has a Silent Hill feel Theme over its levels n so on but it doesnt mean it is a silent hill game. I hope konami put more thoughts before planning to develop a game, at least they could port the HD Collection simply and it would be much more better than this. Well, as a fan of silent hill who loved this series over 10 years i should say Book Of memories is all about dissapointmen, however still buying it for fans may cool us down that "Oh finally there is SH game to play on handheld". Otherwise if you not the fan of silent hill this can be a good game actually. its a entertaining hack n slash, its quiet long...looting n leveling up is fun. it has different atmosphere than other dungeon crawlers, its not happening in a fantasy world of magics n bla bla instead it has its own dark town of colors, dark rooms require you to use flashlight and violence. well its interesting idea and it has good potential but then, the story is lacking depth, the menu design is a bit childish and weird , overall good ! well lets put being a fan and being a disappointing person behind, its not solving anything after this many years and what happened to the series .... its not a bad game ! its just in a wrong place :D Collapse

1. Feb 8, 2013
    While RPGs and dungeon crawler games are my favorite style of hand held games, there are better options than Book of Memories. The Silent Hill aesthetic is pretty well represented, but the game itself struggles to maintain mediocrity. The game is great in short bursts, but fails to hold your attention for long periods of time.
  2. WayForward seems to have saved its 'A Game' for their own IP. Book of Memories feels odd, as though a Diablo has murdered a Silent Hill, and is traipsing about wearing its skin. [January 2013, p70]
  3. Jan 21, 2013
    It's a pity where the Book of Memories is taking the Silent Hill series: Only quantity, no quality; a lack of gameplay and story; a shift in genres which should have been done with much more caution and love. Silent Hill fans, don't touch this.