7.1

1. Oct 14, 2014
    this game is awesome and has no flaws, everything it does, does it right. from the teleporting to the plataforming, the only think i could think a casual player wouldnt like is that it requires some backtracking, and it is cause it asks you to improve your scores on the latest zones you have passed to gatter the necessary xp. High production values, and based around skill, this game isthis game is awesome and has no flaws, everything it does, does it right. from the teleporting to the plataforming, the only think i could think a casual player wouldnt like is that it requires some backtracking, and it is cause it asks you to improve your scores on the latest zones you have passed to gatter the necessary xp. High production values, and based around skill, this game is solid. the heroine is beautiful and has a great personality but if that doesnt make it to you, you can just skip the cutscenes with one press of a bottom. i recomend this game to everyone that wants to play something fast and furious. Expand
  2. Dec 4, 2014
    Insanely overrated. A decent shooter, if a decidedly average side-scroller. The first game i ever purchased was Life Force (nes), and i'm a huge 2-d Metroid fan. This game doesn't live up to either legacy.

There are a few interesting gimmicks, speed control, trendy graphics, and it does handle very well, but none of this makes this game worth a perfect score. There are better shooters, and MUCH better side scrollers.

I didn't hate it, i just found it kinda...dull.
  3. Sep 9, 2014
    i kinda like this game. i played velocity ultra in ps3 and it was good. now i played velocity 2x in my vita and its even better. the graphics are awesome and controls too. so i give it a perfect 10.
  4. Sep 4, 2014
    Absolutamente brilhante. Se o primeiro já era um jogo excelente, esse shooter mostra o que um pequeno estúdio com competência consegue fazer. Apesar da versão do ps4 ser muito boa também, e a do vita que brilha por causa dos controles, sendo um jogo perfeito para o portátil. Recomendo!
  5. Sep 5, 2014
    A highly polished indie gem.

Graphically immaculate, from its overall clean, snazzy art style to the visual details such as the explosions, the distortion effect when you teleport, the blur around the screen when you speed up. The electronic soundtrack suits nicely the sci-fi feel of the game and the sense of speed it demands of you, akin (but not quite like) TxK's soundtrack.
    A highly polished indie gem.

Gameplay-wise, it's a very smooth experience to play the game. Controls are tight and respond just the way you'd expect them to. At times, the gameplay flows so well that it tends to show you that hands are, indeed, faster than the eye (particularly if you use the touchscreen to teleport). Even though it's clearly aimed for people who enjoy a fast gaming experience, you can take your time exploring the levels (at least the earlier ones, as far as I can tell), at the cost of a lower score, of course. It's addictive, to the point of you wanting to replay a level as soon as you finish it, only to improve your score. Plenty of trophies, levels and frequent checkpoints will keep you always going fast, always going for more. Once you start playing, it's very easy to pick up, but it's so hard to put it down.
    All of this is presented in a beautiful package, due to properly categorized and intuitive menus, and the comic-like story shown in scenes between levels. There's A LOT of statistics in there for the stats-freaks among us. There is also a calculator, which baffled me a bit, but hey, now I have a calculator on my Vita!

If you already loved Velocity Ultra, you're going to be drooling all over this. If you're new to the series, you'll find in Velocity 2X a very fluid gaming experience, one that keeps things fresh by alternating shooting/teleporting/rescuing stages with platforming ones.

Simply put, this is the best indie game I've played on my Vita in 2014.
  6. Oct 14, 2014
    A great job has been done since Velocity Ultra. Nice soundtrack, better graphics, teleport has been improved (glitches of Velocity Ultra have been fixed). Moreover, there is now the platform sequence. To be honest, these phases were quite disturbing at the beginning, but when you master all theses phases, it is a real pleasure !
    The game will be quite short and easy if you just want to
    The game will be quite short and easy if you just want to finish all levels (as now, you have checkpoints in levels and you can die anytime you want) but the quintessence of the game if to hunt all perfects :)
  7. Oct 13, 2014
    I love top-down space shooters, platformers and puzzle games. Well, Velocity 2X is all three of those combined. The slick design, easy to learn controls and increasing level difficulty are absolutely mind-blowing and can keep you busy for weeks trying to top your scores in order to open up new levels. This game was under the radar for me but when it popped for free on Playstation Plus aI love top-down space shooters, platformers and puzzle games. Well, Velocity 2X is all three of those combined. The slick design, easy to learn controls and increasing level difficulty are absolutely mind-blowing and can keep you busy for weeks trying to top your scores in order to open up new levels. This game was under the radar for me but when it popped for free on Playstation Plus a few weeks ago, I downloaded it and can't stop playing it. Don't listen to the haters who give this a 1 or 2 score on here because I don't know what those people expected out of an indie game with zero advertising before it's release. I can tell you that it has far exceeded my own expectations and would recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  8. Sep 11, 2014
    Excellent game on the Vita.
    Quick and fun game, great graphics and sound. However the music repeats itself a bit, and the levels do not seem that different from each other.

However, it's still a superb game and it's a must-have for Vita owners.
  9. Sep 9, 2014
    Pleasant surprise a great game! Clean colourful graphics house a robust top down shooter mixed with side scrolling platform mash-up. Different gameplay elements are added level by level until you are performing some complicated moves effortlessly. A bit of puzzle here and some speed running there add up to a fun game thats relaxing to play and quickly becomes addictive trying to betterPleasant surprise a great game! Clean colourful graphics house a robust top down shooter mixed with side scrolling platform mash-up. Different gameplay elements are added level by level until you are performing some complicated moves effortlessly. A bit of puzzle here and some speed running there add up to a fun game thats relaxing to play and quickly becomes addictive trying to better your previous scores. The pumping techno / progressive house soundtrack is awesome too and really adds to the atmosphere. Would love a sequel to this guys! Expand
  10. Oct 26, 2014
    Takes the already excellent shoot 'em up gameplay of the fantastic "Velocity Ultra" and expands upon it in every way. New environments, boss battles, side-scrolling levels, and a larger emphasis on story are just some of the many new additions you'll find here. It's all around just a well-polished and completely excellent game that's an absolute must play. Outside of issues with the storyTakes the already excellent shoot 'em up gameplay of the fantastic "Velocity Ultra" and expands upon it in every way. New environments, boss battles, side-scrolling levels, and a larger emphasis on story are just some of the many new additions you'll find here. It's all around just a well-polished and completely excellent game that's an absolute must play. Outside of issues with the story (it's conclusion is just a completely abrupt cliff-hanger) there's not an issue to be found. Whether you enjoyed the first or are just looking for an awesome game to play on the go, this will blow you away. Not only is it one of the best games on the Vita, it's also one of the best games of the year. That's why I'm giving it a near-perfect score of 9.9/10. Expand
  11. Oct 9, 2014
    not sure why this has crazy high reviews. feels like a meh indie shooter game with some added 'puzzle' elements. but, that's more just another mechanic that warps you around. doesn't feel like puzzle etc, and i'd rather play a shmup. check it out if you have PSPlus i guess?
  12. Oct 27, 2014
    I honestly cannot understand a hype around this game.
    It is a very, very simplistic game. It's neither a competent scroll-shooter, nor a worthy puzzler.
    The side-scrolling "runner" sections are laughable. Please behold a classic "hype-train" situation, when one lazy reviewer starts a tendency and the sheep follow. This isn't the BEST Vita game. By no means. It is ridiculous to rate
    I honestly cannot understand a hype around this game.
    The side-scrolling "runner" sections are laughable.

This isn't the BEST Vita game. By no means. It is ridiculous to rate it over Atelier, Soul Sacrifice or Final Fantasy X. Get down on the Earth, people. You just ruin the competent top-lists with such ridiculous scoring.
  13. Sep 7, 2014
    I think It's a overrated shooter. You really need to like that type of game to enjoy it. Glad it was free on the PSN. But I like the graphic. They force them self to have a story line and, in my opinion, it's just slow the game.
  14. Dec 25, 2014
    A pretty good improvement over velocity ultra, nice to see the developers didn't half-ass this game and just made a velocity ultra clone with a few tweaks. I enjoyed the platforming section of this game a lot, and I also respected the add on story which the last installment didn't have. The boss battles were fun, challenging, and overall satisfying to fight. The only real cons in this gameA pretty good improvement over velocity ultra, nice to see the developers didn't half-ass this game and just made a velocity ultra clone with a few tweaks. I enjoyed the platforming section of this game a lot, and I also respected the add on story which the last installment didn't have. The boss battles were fun, challenging, and overall satisfying to fight. The only real cons in this game for me was the unnecessary need for a set xp points to unlock the later levels. I tried, but will not play levels over and over again just to progress to beat the game. I might revisit this game in the future, but for now I'm content with how this game is that I've played. Having said that, this is good game on it's own merit, but I will highly recommend this game to vita owners/ on the go players. As a on the go game it's probably up there with the best. Fun, short, fast-paced, addicting and challenging. Expand
  15. May 10, 2015
    Extremely overrated, but not bad. Velocity 2X is a solid, extremely fast paced sci-fi shooter and running platformer 2 in 1. Tempo is really high and it's all pumped up by good electronic soundtrack. But it's true that finishing the game might start to feel like a grind a bit and if you plan to plan to perfect every level to get a platinum, get ready for some serious hardcore challenge,Extremely overrated, but not bad. Velocity 2X is a solid, extremely fast paced sci-fi shooter and running platformer 2 in 1. Tempo is really high and it's all pumped up by good electronic soundtrack. But it's true that finishing the game might start to feel like a grind a bit and if you plan to plan to perfect every level to get a platinum, get ready for some serious hardcore challenge, because every single second counts here to the point it's almost ridiculous. If you're a fan of this genre, this is pretty good title, perfectly suited for Vita. 6/10 Expand
  16. Jan 18, 2015
    Anyone who says this game is the best Vita game is talking out their ass. It's boring and repetitive. If you got it free with PS+ then give it a blast but otherwise don't bother wasting your money.
  17. Feb 8, 2015
    An indie game that was severely overhyped by everyone, in a time when the vitas AAA support is non existent it seems that every new indie is overhyped now, picked this up with PS+ and played a couple of levels, is boring, awkward to play and repetitive, akin to a cheap iPhone game the never gets on the top 100 page, disappointed with this game, vita could have been something really special.

1. Oct 9, 2014
    Combining the best elements of arcade-style gaming, Velocity 2X feels like a game with the soul of the '90s and the tech of the current generation. As the saying goes, Velocity 2X is easy to learn and difficult to master.
  2. Sep 30, 2014
    Velocity 2X offers the perfect mix of side-scrolling puzzle-platforming and top-down shooting action. With perfect controls, beautiful visuals and an amazing soundtrack.
  3. Sep 14, 2014
    Clean, unadorned and never pretentious or ponderous elegance. It's an unapologetically modern game in a classic guise.