Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward PlayStation Vita

8.7

1. Nov 9, 2013
    A very interesting game. The plot has many twists and a lot of different outcomes, and all the characters are unique and unpredictible. In my opinion it gets a bit to slow paced though as the dialogues can drag on for eternity it seems without you doing nothing but inhaling tons of information.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    I'm sorry, but to be real and short this game is:
    1) heavily slow (99% of the time you will read a beeping text)
    2) static (quite nothing moves on the screen) 3) terrible graphics (except for the characters) 4) stupid character design 5) english only with japanese speech versus 6) very interesting plots (the story is the ONLY reason I wan't to go on and finish it all) 7) very well
    I'm sorry, but to be real and short this game is:
    1) heavily slow (99% of the time you will read a beeping text)
    2) static (quite nothing moves on the screen)
    3) terrible graphics (except for the characters)
    4) stupid character design
    5) english only with japanese speech
    versus
    7) very well done voice acting
    8) beautifully realized characters (the only think you can actually watch in this game, expept for their way to dress)
    9) puzzles room are fun and intriguing

That's it: a game with a nice core but terribly presented.
  3. Jan 14, 2013
    Quickly becoming one of my favorite video game series of all time, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is the follow to the highly, HIGHLY underrated 999 visual novel/puzzle game released in 2010 in the US. While you can get away with playing this game on it's own, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing that one first. It tells the story of Sigma and 8 other's who are trapped in aQuickly becoming one of my favorite video game series of all time, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is the follow to the highly, HIGHLY underrated 999 visual novel/puzzle game released in 2010 in the US. While you can get away with playing this game on it's own, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing that one first. It tells the story of Sigma and 8 other's who are trapped in a life or death game. I won't give any other details beyond that as discovering what happens on your own is the best part of this game. The other part of the game is the puzzle portion, which is exceptionally well done. I personally played this game for the story and feel that is the main draw behind it, being a visual novel and all. But the puzzles will definitely make you think. I wouldn't suggest playing this if you like your puzzles simple and easy too. Some of these puzzles are not for the faint of heart as you will definitely need to write alot of stuff down to keep up. The main differences between the Vita and 3DS versions are basically graphics or an easier time to click on stuff during puzzles. While the Vita version looks beautiful, it can be a bit difficult when trying to click on small things here and there as the screen doesn't always go where you point your finger. The 3DS version however, does not look anywhere near as good as the Vita does. The 3D portraits of the characters are wonderful and the attention to detail is astounding. This is easily one of the best stories out there right now and, if the quality of the future games in the series stay the same as this, you'll might find that this could turn out to be one of the best visual novels of all time. I can't wait for the next in the series, because there will be another one. But in the meantime, I'll be spreading the word about this series to anyone I see. Collapse

1. Apr 18, 2013
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward comes with a good plot and many surprise twists, in a storyline influenced by our choices that will lead to 24 different endings. With puzzles that will be a challenge for any player, and belonging to a not-too-common genre, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward will constitute a unique experience.
  2. Mar 13, 2013
    Virtue's Last Reward delivers a great amount of fun. With improved gameplay mechanics and +30h of lifespan, you won't find anything better than Chunsoft's last effort.
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    An amazing storyline for an excellent visual novel that will keep you in suspense for hours.