Darkstone PlayStation
7.9

1. Jul 12, 2014
    A below average dungeon crawler, think a poor man's Diablo.

A below average dungeon crawler, think a poor man's Diablo.

Considering the game came out after the likes of Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, FF7/8/9, the graphics are lacklustre, which doesn't altogether bother me, but there was little to no plot to take my mind off this. I also remember having to push the contrast on my screen to maximum as the lighting effects were abysmal, I couldn't make anything out. The controls are poor, the camera is awful, load times were excessive, music (what music) and gameplay was just constantly press the hit button.

If you prefer hack and slash games with limited story, by all means give this a shot.

1. With a price tag of $9.99, Take 2 has the best game released for the PS One in quite sometime. Even at a higher price this title could compete for fans who love fantasy, dungeon, gauntlet type play.
  2. Worth checking out simply for its quirky faux contemporary rock theme song.
    Anybody who liked "Diablo" or anything else in the realm of dungeon-hack RPGs should be able to get their pocket-change's worth out of it. Fans of traditional console RPGs are warned that they'll probably detest the presentation and near-lack of story, though.