Dino Crisis 2 PlayStation

• Release Date: Sep 29, 2000
  • Also On: PC
9.1

1. Dec 25, 2013
    The Dino Crisis series has undergone a great metamorphosis from a Resident Evil clone to a brand-new type of game. Dino Crisis 2 is an original, enjoyable experience.
  2. Nov 11, 2014
    Mikami has to stop that survival horror **** . I played his last game the evil within and finished that game . Why he still works to creating his new resident evil game . He cant do that .
    We need new DINO CRISIS game immediately ..
  3. TomC.
    Jun 29, 2003
    Dino Crisis 2 is a fantastic game. As soon as you see it you feel like it's yours. The graphics are brilliant for a PsOne game. It challenges you right up to the top when you play. And once you complete the main game you get the extra crisis which is wicked. The gory in it brings the game to life. I recommend it to a anyone.
  4. ShawnK.
    Aug 7, 2003
    This game rocks,i like the different varieties of dino's you get to kill,and the only drawback is puting in a dino bigger than t-rex.Over all this is one heart stoppin' kick a** game.
  5. MatthewS.
    Jul 27, 2007
    This game is AMAZING! It was the first playstation game i ever got and i still cant stop playing it. The graphics are SO detailed for a ps1 game and the gameplay (especially the dinos- giganotosaurus is awesome!) is challenging but fun and will have you playing for hours! The story is intricate and deeply thought out by Capcom. The best ps1 game i have ever played overall.
  6. Dec 31, 2014
    More Action, More Weapons, More Dinosaurs. This games is loads of fun if you're a fan of the original.................................................
  7. Mar 1, 2015
    I am The Destroyer. I will break games, complain about the littlest detail, and tell you whether or not the game is worth buying. A lot of things to say here, but can't due to the 5000 character limit. The game will be judged under year 2000 gaming standards.

This review speaks from the perspective of a person who just wants to play a game, and is not necessarily a Dino Crisis hardcore fan.

1. Story
    It is difficult to describe the story without giving away spoilers, so rather than telling you about it, I'll just going to tell you the need-to-know: You play as 2 characters in the game, Dylan and Regina. You've been sent through a timegate to rescue 1300 residents of Edward City, which has mysteriously disappeared off the map in the main timeline. On the other side, vicious dinosaurs rule the planet, and none of them will hesitate to attack you on animal instants. Despite the dangers, you have a mission to complete. Go do it!

2. Voice Acting
    You can definitely feel the retro style in the voice acting, and despite a few cheesy lines, it''s done pretty well.

3. Graphics and Visuals
    There is an irritating lag during cut-scenes if you're using an HD television, but despite that, these graphics are at their best for the Playstation era! During gameplay, everything is smooth & laid out clearly. The jungle you explore goes together with the atmosphere like cake and icing.

4. Gameplay
    Gameplay refers to combat, customization, and various puzzles you solve within the game. Put it all together and it's Above Average!

-Battle System-
    Dinosaurs can jump at you during gameplay at any time, and they'll attempt sneak attacks on you. You could be walking in an area that looks fine, then suddenly have a Raptor jump out from behind and ambush you before you have the time to react. As unfair as it sounds; that's how a predator plays. Enemies will stubbornly spawn waves after waves in any given area, and you'll always be the prey in these hot-zones. There is plenty to kill here to the point where it can get repetitive. One more thing you have to watch out for is the Auto-Aim. You could end up pointing your gun at an enemy that isn't attacking you, and then get hit for it by a different enemy. It is highly recommended for new-time players to start on Normal difficulty. Hard difficulty is meant for those who understand the controls of the game because on this mode you can die in only 2 hits, and they spawn the stronger enemies earlier.

-Customization-
    When you kill or severely hurt an enemy, you obtain something called "Extinct Points" which is considered the game's form of currency. Those points must be used to restock on ammo and various medical supplies you'll be using throughout the game. With enough Extinct Points, you are able to increase the maximum amount of ammo capacity on any gun. Though keep in mind that it's not possible to increase any other stats on a weapon, so you still might end up using a certain weapon to get through an area. The key to success is to spend your points wisely, and not wildly. Once you've gotten used to the game however, customization in Dino Crisis 2 is really just what weapon you want to use.

-Puzzles-
    The puzzles are not too hard nor too easy, but with the amount of combat put in it almost feels like it's lacking, like a cake was baked with no love, then never tried again.

5. Soundtrack
    Dino Crisis 2's soundtrack isn't bad, but there's nothing here to phrase. In another year when you've moved onto another game, and then reflect back, you won't remember anything about the soundtrack for this game.

6.. Personal Enjoyment
    The one thing I was disappointed about was even after 2 playthroughs, I never got to try the "Dino Duel" game mode, which you can't unlock until you beat the game. Though granted, both playthroughs were on a different file. But I did have enough Extinct Points in the end to try the Dino Colliseum mini-game, which was basically just "kill all the dinosaurs in an empty arena type thing. The real game takes place in the actual story mode though, with minigames feeling unimportant. Both playthroughs took me around 5 hours to complete.
    The game was good enough for me to do 2 playthroughs before I came on metacritic to write the review, so it's definitely worth something.

7. Overall Verdict
    The main criticism lies in lack of puzzles, near-endless enemies in single areas, and mini-games that require multiple playthroughs just to be able to play. However, if you look past those issues, you'll see a gem behind the rocks. The verdict for Dino Crisis 2 is an 8 out of 10. Definitely worth everyone's time - you won't find a better dinosaur game anywhere else.
  8. Sep 14, 2014
    Pouco terror e muita ação, armas incriveis, inimigos astutos, fator replay com grande apelo. Graficos bonitos e puzzles legais. Um otimo jogo e viciante.
  9. Jun 26, 2016
  10. Jan 8, 2016
    Do you know you can burn raptors to ashes in this game? This game is the baby of Resident Evil and Jurassic Park.

If you are like me that love survival horror games like Silent Hill and loves dinosaurs, then what are you doing reading this, go get this game and play it. Its a short game but makes up in its whole concept of blasting off dinosaurs with tons of different weapons. Not

Not only that but the gameplay changes in different ways to make the game even more enjoyable for you, the way you have to deal with the different dinosaurs is were you'll see how the game turns into an unforgettable experience as you have to deal with a little Compy, or have to run away from a giant T-Rex and so on.
  11. Dec 29, 2015
    A game that was first a survival had took a major change to an action game is just wow,Dino Crisis 2 is one heck of a game,instead of avoiding and make a run for the lasergates,here you can blast your way with all kind of weapons,this game also has a huge set of arsenals in your disposal and the points you receive each time you defeat a dinosaur its rewarding,the visuals are now prerrendedA game that was first a survival had took a major change to an action game is just wow,Dino Crisis 2 is one heck of a game,instead of avoiding and make a run for the lasergates,here you can blast your way with all kind of weapons,this game also has a huge set of arsenals in your disposal and the points you receive each time you defeat a dinosaur its rewarding,the visuals are now prerrended enviroments unlike its 3D graphics from DC1 although it makes t look quite natural,the story still is mysterious which makes you hook on the gamepad from beggining to end.Great game with improvements but a little on the shortside. Expand
  12. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  13. Jul 25, 2016
    I will never forget the time when i was waiting for my birthday's present and this present was a PS One console. When I finally got the console it was a dream came true and Dino Crisis 2 was among my first games. I have been a dino fan for the most of my life so this game was especially enjoyable for me. Some may argue that this is a simple resident evil clone even though the overallI will never forget the time when i was waiting for my birthday's present and this present was a PS One console. When I finally got the console it was a dream came true and Dino Crisis 2 was among my first games. I have been a dino fan for the most of my life so this game was especially enjoyable for me. Some may argue that this is a simple resident evil clone even though the overall quality of this game is on a high level. I wouldn't agree with this statement. In dino crisis 2 you have to fight swift and agile dinosaurs but not the slow zombies like in the early resident evil games so the gameplay is far more dynamic. An outstanding variety of weapons of all sorts makes killing prehistoric creatures an endless fun. I also liked the music and the great atmosphere it created. There are many interesting details in the plot that seem really obscured and unevident in the beginnig but the more player progresses the more he/she learns about the 3-rd Energy experiment and it's outcomes and the story of helmeted people who are chasing our heroes throughout the game. There are about 10 species of dinosaurs presented in this game - not a huge number for a dino fan, still, bigger than in the first game. I think, a drawback of this game is the system of extinct points. As you kill more and more enemies without getting hit your earn more points that you can spend for buying new weapon and equipment. At some point you buy some really badass guns and begin to eliminate dinos like a terminator. It's fun, exciting and entertaining but you begin to feel more like a juggernaut rather than a prey. The developers could have reduced the number of points you get for killing dinos so there would be a greater sense of horror in this game( like in the exceptional Resident Evil 4 where the number of bullets is not enough to waste but is enough for your survival). It's a great system for an action game but not for a horror( so it's not a big drawback - just my personal opinion).
    Still, it's my favourite PS One game. Of course, it's not among the PS One gems like metal gear solid, resident evil 2, crash bandicoot and gran turismo but a game that is worth playing. I have been playing for 12 years and I can't remember MANY great games abouts dinosaurs (Paraworld, Peter Jackson's King Kong - that's all i remember). That's why Dino Crisis 2 is a monumental game for the fans of prehistoric monsters and is also a great experience for all third-person shooter fans.
  14. Jan 4, 2017
    Dino crisis 1 was alright I can admit, but Dino crisis 2 really stole the spotlight when it came out. The game is a direct continuation to 1 but instead of being a resident evil clone it puts you balls deep in a sea of dinosaur shooting action. My girlfriend told me to come into her bedroom and I told her NOT NOW BETCH IM PLAYING DINO CRISIS 2 and she wasn't even mad cause she knows theDino crisis 1 was alright I can admit, but Dino crisis 2 really stole the spotlight when it came out. The game is a direct continuation to 1 but instead of being a resident evil clone it puts you balls deep in a sea of dinosaur shooting action. My girlfriend told me to come into her bedroom and I told her NOT NOW BETCH IM PLAYING DINO CRISIS 2 and she wasn't even mad cause she knows the game is better than anything she can possibly offer me. This game is a masterpiece and the best game I ever played. BUY IT Expand
  15. JoshK.
    Oct 19, 2001
    I like how the dinos pop out at you.
  16. KristinaA.
    Dec 27, 2001
    It's not in a building! I love it!
  17. KaldeaW.
    Jun 30, 2001
    This game is a great combination of action/ adventure and shooting. The graphics and overall gameplay are entertaining. Capcom truly created a remarkable sequel to the original.
  18. Zeruela
    Jan 17, 2002
    Great game, it makes you play until the end!!
  19. EvanD.
    Jan 2, 2002
    It's fun and exciting you get to play regina the sexy government agent and dylan the strong stealth T.R.A.T member. And most of the game is outside. and there's a lot more guns than the original.
  20. KarlD.
    Jan 4, 2002
    This sequel is really enjoyable as it is an arcade-style action game. With its great graphics, sound, and storyline you enter completely in the game. My only complaint is the huge amount of dinosaurs which you have you kill and that they come out every time you enter into a singular differnet area. But the game still remains enjoyable. Kill em' all!
  21. TroyR.
    Jul 29, 2001
    A heart thumping pulse poundin' game that will keep you coming back for more!
  22. CraigM.
    Mar 21, 2002
    This is such a good game because you could play it once, get the extra features at the end, and then keep playing to acquire more characters.
  23. Mar 27, 2015
    Dino Crisis 2 is one of the best games that Capcom has ever developed.
    Do not remember how I met this game, but if I'm not mistaken during the mid-2000s an old friend of mine made a copy of this game and gave it to me.
    Dino Crisis 2 is one of the best games that Capcom has ever developed.

That should have been the first time I put hand to Dino Crisis 2. The fate wanted that I immediately loved this game, because since I was a child I loved dinosaurs. The first impression was striking: a Resident Evil with dinosaurs. But playing it deeper and deeper I realized that in fact it was a game in its own right. The story, not simple, it was beautiful from start to finish. The characters were also very well characterized.

The gameplay was heir to the formula of Resident Evil, so it was fun. A lot of weapons to use, one more beautiful than the other. The difficulty was pretty well balanced, never indecent. But surely the most well crafted and cool thing in the game, were in fact the dinosaurs. They were made in a fantastic way: movements, sounds, attacks, the aspect. It was thanks to them that the game had a higher gear.

Playing it at the time it was a real pleasure, and it will forever remain one of the best games I've ever played, this is the reason why I still own the CD. A masterpiece.

#10 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2000
#6 Most Shared PS1 Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    Great graphics and sound, tried-and-true gameplay, and wall-to-wall blasting mayhem make this a winner.
  2. I must say that Dino Crisis 2 is the most pleasing new experience in this whole Survival Genre yet.
    Let me tell you, this is the sh*t. Dino Crisis 2 is a pure action-packed adventure/shooter that satisfies my urge to bloody my shirt with dinosaur guts, all the while weaving a great story with worthwhile characters whom I care about.