Dragon Warrior VII PlayStation

8.7

1. Apr 6, 2015
    This game is AMAZING! Damn it Square-Enix, localise and port the 3DS remake to the west! Seriously, it would sell like hotcakes, considering the PSX version usually costs an arm and a leg to buy in good conditions nowadays.
  2. AlexD.
    Jun 4, 2007
    This was the game that first got me interested in RPGs. Though often confusing to a relatively new gamer, i dedicated myself to it and became addicted. The storyline is amazing and, even with it's dated graphics, the game remains one of my most frequently played.
  3. Slime:)
    Jul 21, 2005
    Dragon Warrior VII is first RPG-game i have played. Story is really good and interesting and game give +100 hours playing...Class system is good and skills and magics are nice, but mastering of classes is SO BORING!!! Fighting system eccentric (like i am here, hehheh...:)) but 3000 of fighting is too much. But i like this game!
  4. SeanD.
    Mar 31, 2005
    This game is one of the best RPGS I have ever played.
  5. LevitonK.
    Jul 14, 2003
    Even though the game has a somewhat slow start, it is spectacular in every other way. Even though the graphics aren't much better, and the sounds and battle system still lay true to the old days, the game is terrific. Heck, this game comes a close second to Dragon Warrior 4, which was by far the best of the Heaven Series.
  6. RandyN.
    Apr 15, 2003
    This game is really a masterpiece. although it a tad bit hard, it still deserves a 10.
  7. CyroZ.
    Jul 30, 2002
    Dragonwarrior 7 is the best game i ever played. Despite its bad graphics. IT'S REALLY GREAT!!!
  8. MikeK.
    Jul 21, 2002
    Although the graphics can't compare to other rpg games, and it tends to drag a little in the begining, this game totally kept my attention and interest, for hours on end. the complex puzzles and storyline was fantastic and the class skills were great
  9. JoeK.
    Jan 16, 2002
    A great game! I've played many RPG's with slow, dull moments, or moments where you need to build levels for a few days to move on. Not DW7. It flows perfectly, and it's almost impossible to quit playing! Just wish Enix would advertise it. Won't sell if people don't know about it.
  10. GarrettR.
    Jan 15, 2002
    If players buy a game because they like to play games, this is one of the best titles ever made in the RPG genre. If someone buys a game because they like graphics and they are not truly gamers, just people who are bored with life, then this game is not for them.
  11. ScottV.
    Jan 12, 2002
    Although I like the game a lot, I find it to be a bit annoying to have to constantly rotate your view when playing just to see where you are after walking somewhere when inside of a town or city. But over all I think the game is great compared to the other Dragon Warrior games.
  12. ErikB.
    Jan 4, 2002
    Pure excellence!
  13. PhoenixT.
    Jan 1, 2002
    Dragon Warrior VII, where to start. I feel the game is great, with graphics, game and play. With the feeling of the old-school RPG, this is one game that does hold true to the Dragon Warrior title.
  14. ShannonM.
    Dec 27, 2001
    I really like how they kept the whole format the same, it made me feel like I was playing the first 4, like I was a kid again. The spinning screen is really cool for seeing around other angles that you can't normally see on other stationary veiws.
    Dec 18, 2001
    So far, this is a great game. Good challenge level, could stand to be a little harder, but that's not too big of a deal. Too much attention put into graphics for this one, though the 3D world is an interesting concept. The game would be better if the graphics, especially monster and spell animations, were reduced, and more story/gameplay were put in.

1. The story and writing is so strong that I easily forgot about the archaic graphics and even more primitive battle engine.
    The fact that all 100+ hours of Dragon Warrior VII are so entertaining is a testament to the quality of the game that lies beneath the dated visuals and clunky presentation.
  3. Appearances can be deceiving, and if you can look pas DWVII’s vintage outer shell, you’ll find one of the deepest, most satisfying RPGs the PS1—or any other console, for that matter—has yet seen. [Dec 2001, p.260]