Driver 2 PlayStation

7.6

1. Nov 10, 2012
    One of the best games on the Play Station!
  2. Gamerforthemass
    Nov 15, 2004
    I am writing this at the time that driver 3 has hit the shops and proved to be a bigger hit although the series is big anyway ! The first game was great dispite now you know that the game has got better with the tech. we have in gamming . Driver2 has the adventage of getting out the car and walking around with a very skinny tanner which would like like he would not say boo to a goose ( I am writing this at the time that driver 3 has hit the shops and proved to be a bigger hit although the series is big anyway ! The first game was great dispite now you know that the game has got better with the tech. we have in gamming . Driver2 has the adventage of getting out the car and walking around with a very skinny tanner which would like like he would not say boo to a goose ( its a old saying ) now he has made a come back three years after the 2nd game and we are glad to wait for this game as so far i carn't fault it ..even the loading is short and you are met by great graphics in the menu and in the game and we are getting such a great game each time the new one comes out . We have altryed to drive a bus or a car in the correct way but we al have had that rush to just hit the x button or A i think for x-box even space bar for the pc game and just drive !!! - so be good be bad be tanner . Expand
  3. KarlD.
    Jan 4, 2002
    Not as bad as some critics say, because sometimes it is quite enjoyable. It is also difficult at times, the missions are cool. The graphics are horrible and the gameplay is quite good. For me, an above average game which fans of the original should not miss.
  4. JakeA.
    Jun 3, 2004
    This game is freakin' awesome!!!
  5. NealS.
    May 31, 2006
    I was a huge fan of the original Driver even though the missions began to get a little montonous, but Driver 2 seems to have bumped up the action in the wrong direction. Minor crashes make your car spin out as though side-swiped by a nuke! The driving game in Chicago or Havana is impossible - hence not as much fun - since a minor crash sends the car spinning while the lead car reaches I was a huge fan of the original Driver even though the missions began to get a little montonous, but Driver 2 seems to have bumped up the action in the wrong direction. Minor crashes make your car spin out as though side-swiped by a nuke! The driving game in Chicago or Havana is impossible - hence not as much fun - since a minor crash sends the car spinning while the lead car reaches what seems to be mach 5! It appears the programmers have tried to take the difficulty level up a notch, when what they really did was take the fun down one. Expand
  6. HanonanD.
    Feb 7, 2004
    Crap graphics great story line. good game.
    May 25, 2002
    Like a terrible version of GTA3. If you're a fan of the original driver, you should try it out, but you may be disappointed.
  8. SimonB.
    Nov 2, 2004
    The van on chicago is very slow.
  9. BelsantyQ.
    Sep 27, 2002
    It's alright.
  10. SeanB.
    Apr 21, 2004
    This game is crazy. u have to play it. its like gta 3 excep that you cant shoot any one dats wut i hate. but over all its crazy u(beeps) out there gota try it.
  11. ET
    Jan 20, 2004
    This game is tha best driving game since gta 3 and I don't (beep) what other people say.
  12. B.TG.
    Oct 30, 2002
    This is a very fun game! I love it! Out of all my games, Driver 2 is at the top of my list. There are lots of fun mini games (one player and multiplayer) inculding cops and robbers (one player is a cop, the other is a getaway driver). I would recomend this game to anyone, unless you dont like haveing fun!! the critics dont know what they are talking about. This game is awesome!
  13. SuperS2Ball
    Aug 6, 2002
    Even though it is hard to find secret and police cars, it's still great! The undercover missions are sometimes hard but fun! play DRIVER 2!
  14. TurdW.
    Jul 5, 2003
    Best game ever!!!!!!!!
  15. Tiarnan
    Apr 30, 2002
    I give this a spanking 9/10.
  16. Gods_Grl
    May 9, 2002
    The graphics are REALLY bad, but the game is awesome!
  17. ChristopherA.
    Jul 5, 2002
    The coolest driving game around! I give it an impresive 10/10!
  18. JayS.
    Jul 9, 2002
    The game does have horrible graphics but the missions are awesome. For the time frame that the game came out they are not too bad. It is best played with other people around you. Take turns. Rate eachother on the crashes. It becomes an awesome game to bring friends close and have fun. Analog sticks would help greatly. Everyone should try this game.
  19. JonathanF.
    Mar 30, 2003
    The graphics are fab and even though I am stuck on only Mission 3 (where you chase the train) I always go for the Take a ride mode which I think is where the game shines the most. Maybe not as evil as GTA, but certainly up with the daddy.
  20. DamonE.
    Mar 7, 2003
    This game is off the chain and its worth a ten because it keeps you on the edge of your seat everytime you play it.
  21. DomanicP.
    Jun 2, 2003
    It's better than the first one.
  22. Amanda
    Oct 7, 2002
    This game is hard but fun and you never want to stop playing when you start. Try the game and have fun doing so.
  23. Brian
    Mar 4, 2003
    (It really gets me frustrated sometimes and the frames are slow other wise the missions are exciting. Its ok.)
  24. PhoenixS.
    Nov 19, 2002
    While it has a lot more features than the original, and would be much better, there is one very small thing that almost succeeds in destroying it, and does place it several nutches below the original. They didn't include any way of turning the frickin' auto-handbrake off. And while it's possible to compensate for this, it's annoying as hell.
  25. MitchB.
    Nov 22, 2002
    Just sweet that's it just plain awesome.
  26. ThomasD.
    Mar 11, 2003
    The missions are very exciting and challenging. Good choice of cars and other modes of transport. I like the cities that you can go in. Unfortunately, the graphics aren't as good as some other games. Lets hope driver 3 is a bit better.
  27. Matt
    Jun 13, 2003
    This is my favorite car game for PS1 ever. It blows away the first and is like having GTA3 for Sony Playstation 1!
  28. Mr.Black
    Nov 21, 2002
    Everything that the original has plus more, steal any car, curved road systems, highway systems, it's a shame it ever ended. Driver 3 will be incredible.
  29. AzizM.
    Dec 11, 2002
    Very very very exellent, good.
  30. JamesBond
    Dec 28, 2002
    Well it's a fun game but the graphics suck. grand theft auto has much better graphics,but driver's just a fun game for friends to mess around with how much they can torment the police.

#7 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2000
#7 Most Shared PS1 Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    From the grindingly slow frame rate to the in-your-face pop-up to the time you spend racing through empty streets, the game misses on every count that matters. Don't even bother renting it.
  2. Nearly as enjoyable as the original. Despite all the frustration, I kept returning for more of the Wheelman's exciting life. Tanner is certainly "da man"!
  3. Everyone who liked the first game is going to love Driver 2- - the new types of missions, cities, and gameplay features, as well as a fantastic, original story, make Driver 2 a winner.