Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver PlayStation

8.9

1. MarkD.
    Nov 4, 2006
    As far as PSX action adventures go, this is second only to the mighty Metal Gear Solid and its just as awe-inspiring in its own way. A bit of a forgotten classic I think so if you see it going cheap you know what to do.
  2. ChristieB.
    Nov 23, 2003
    Beautiful enviroments, wonderful story line, challenging puzzles, and amazing characters make this game the greatest game to play so far.
  3. May 4, 2011
    Stunning scenarios, epic soundtrack, the best voice acting possible(Tony Jay), addicting game play, anti heroes, gothic theme... the perfect recipe. just...play it!
  4. Nov 8, 2011
    Amazing game, Hands down the only series I will happily say I am now a fanboy of. The story is deep and will keep you playing though the (lets face it) tedious combat (but then again you are armed with the SOUL REAVER!), The platforming is just purely amazing and the ability to switch between realms just adds to the story and the gameplay. Puzzles are challenging but rewarding. overall oneAmazing game, Hands down the only series I will happily say I am now a fanboy of. The story is deep and will keep you playing though the (lets face it) tedious combat (but then again you are armed with the SOUL REAVER!), The platforming is just purely amazing and the ability to switch between realms just adds to the story and the gameplay. Puzzles are challenging but rewarding. overall one of the best games of the year....... But could of shined even more. I want to see a HD remake. Expand
  5. DCF
    Dec 31, 2012
    This is the best game for long, winter evenings. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for intense gameplay, stunning in-game world and nice storyline.
  6. Oct 13, 2014
    This is the best game of the Legacy of Kain.The Graphics are amazing,the soundtrack is very good and the gameplay is Awesome and is one of the best games of the PS1 generation.
  7. JavierA.
    Jan 4, 2004
    1999 game of the year, 60 hours of continuous play, amazing graphics, deep story line, cool sound... what else could i say about this game but "THE PERFECT GAME". This is not just a game, is The Game.
  8. Aug 27, 2012
    great game, could've been even more if the dudes had enough money. But that's alot to ask for in those times.

Even now makes a mockery out of Darksiders
  9. FardeenS.
    Aug 4, 2005
    Very good game.
  10. Oct 11, 2013
    EN: One of the very first games to have that cinematographic feel, Soul Reaver is an extremely immersive competent adventure game.
    PT-BR: Um dos primeiro games a ter aquele toque cinematogr√°fico, Soul Reaver apresenta uma aventura extremamente imersiva e competente.
  11. Aug 30, 2013
    Fantastic game. A must own for ps1/ps2/ps3/psp/ps vita owners who love action adventure games.

Epic combat, smooth controls and exploration make this game a blast. Sometimes its a bit too non-linear and gothic for my tastes, but the game was just a blast to play. My only problem is the soul reaver weapon. It takes away all the fun of using the environment to your advantage and

Epic combat, smooth controls and exploration make this game a blast.

My only problem is the soul reaver weapon. It takes away all the fun of using the environment to your advantage and destroying vampires with fire, sunlight, water or weapons. The soul reaver also looks incredibly ugly around raziels arm.
  12. Feb 23, 2015
    Amazing game for it's time. Great environments and plays well even today. Raziel is one of the coolest characters of that era. Only downside is the unsatisfying ending.
  13. Mar 27, 2015
    Outstanding game!
    -Very good, deep and interesting story with amazing plot twists that will make you go : What!? This really happened!? OMG I didn't expect this, so cool!
    -Very clever puzzles (repetitive at times, but you won't notice). -Amazing world! Nosgoth will grab you by the pair and won't let go. Nice textures for it's time and totally memorable places with great atmosphere.
    Outstanding game!
    -Very clever puzzles (repetitive at times, but you won't notice).
    -Godlike character designs which are so memorable!
    -The concept is so creative that it's mind blowing, going in and out of the physical and spectral realm doing stuff you can't do in the other realm but you can do in the other one.
    -Very good voice acting
    -Very comfortable and nice platforming.

This game does not hold you by the hand, you will have to use your brain quite often.
    I totally recommend this game to anyone who knows what a good game is.
  14. May 12, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. great game.I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it................. Expand
  15. Jul 8, 2015
    The best game ever. Scenario like nothing before, plot, game play, combat, all combined to a perfect action - puzzle game. Old game, but this is how games should be done.
  16. Oct 7, 2015
    I played this game about 10 years ago. I remember it was fantastic, and now I bought it on steam sale. So much memories :) a must have! Even bought a ps2 just to play it on a console, as I don't really like the master race ^^
  17. Oct 31, 2015
    Game of my childhood. Interesting puzzles, nice gameplay and awesome voice characters. One of the few games where you need to think. True hardcore, true oldschool.
  18. Nov 21, 2015
    This is my favorite game of all time. The story was amazing, no other game back then had a deep story other than metal gear solid. The graphics are amazing, the best on the Playstation fully detailed models and textures. This has the best voice acting ever, The characters never sound bored and the vocabulary is amazing. And the music fits the area you are in and has the best main theme IThis is my favorite game of all time. The story was amazing, no other game back then had a deep story other than metal gear solid. The graphics are amazing, the best on the Playstation fully detailed models and textures. This has the best voice acting ever, The characters never sound bored and the vocabulary is amazing. And the music fits the area you are in and has the best main theme I have ever heard. So the gameplay, I love adventure games which this does. I also love action and puzzle which this also has. It is so much fun to explorer the secrets of Nosgoth and kill your brothers in their dungeons. And If you like something new with good story and adventure, go buy it. It is the most underrated game and franchise in the world in my Opinion. And does it hold up Today. I played this in 2014. Fifteen years when it came out and I say yes it holds up. Expand
  19. Jan 20, 2016
    Still great after all this years. The story is great, the writing is amazing, the music is fantastic and ominous, the bosses are terrifying and cool to fight, the abilities you can get are funny to use and diverse, and you will want to explore everything. It's just a classic game, one of the best.

#7 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1999

1. Aside from the story this is Crystal D's finest moment with a title that should make Lara Croft seems like yesterday's news.
  2. With drop dead graphics, haunting sound effects and non stop action it will leave you in a similar state last experienced with the original "Tomb Raider."
    Such an ambitious game - and one that achieves nearly everything it sets out to do - that few games come close to it. This game puts Tomb Raider to shame.