NHL 2001 PlayStation
7.7

1. ChrisD.
    Oct 7, 2002
    This game is great if you like "bells and whistles," but the actual gameplay is horrible compared to 989's Faceoff. This game is better in many respects, but when it comes to the movement of players and camera angles, Faceoff is much better.
  2. AlC.
    Jan 21, 2002
    This is a great game even if you do not watch hockey. After winning the cup, I thought the game was over, right? WRONG! Like most sports games you play many seasons. I did not know this by reading. But it was cool. After about 5 seasons, most of my team was gone. But new, fake guys came up. If you had a late pick in the draft, that guy sucks. So I say buy this game and if you don't This is a great game even if you do not watch hockey. After winning the cup, I thought the game was over, right? WRONG! Like most sports games you play many seasons. I did not know this by reading. But it was cool. After about 5 seasons, most of my team was gone. But new, fake guys came up. If you had a late pick in the draft, that guy sucks. So I say buy this game and if you don't know the rules, turn them off. Expand
  3. GreggC.S.
    Feb 23, 2002
    NHL 2001 is a very competitive game, I enjoy it a lot.
  4. KarlD.
    Jan 14, 2002
    A truly enjoyable hockey experience. I do not look at the graphics, which are not that bad either, but at the great gameplay. You'll play it again and again. The AI is superb and it puts you in the game! Exellent game! If you love hockey, sport, or own a playstation, go buy this game! NOW!!

1. By combining excellent graphics, strong gameplay, superlative control, and outstanding features, it's a fitting end to an excellent era in console hockey.
  2. This may be the best single player experience (EA has) come up with yet.
  3. While it's not the most beautiful hockey video game, NHL 2001 comes through where it counts - the gameplay.