Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus PlayStation

9.0

1. MarkD.
    Nov 5, 2006
    Just about the only 2D platformer on the Playstation worth owning (apart from the original). This is comparable to classic 16 Bit platform adventures such as Flashback and Another World yet Abe's Exoddus has it's own unique personality; Abes world and characters are like no other - cute yet dark and eerie at the same time. The gameplay is also on the weird side and involves Just about the only 2D platformer on the Playstation worth owning (apart from the original). This is comparable to classic 16 Bit platform adventures such as Flashback and Another World yet Abe's Exoddus has it's own unique personality; Abes world and characters are like no other - cute yet dark and eerie at the same time. The gameplay is also on the weird side and involves possessing and taking controll of other characters to acieve your goals! You can't fail to be charmed by Abe! Expand
  2. Oct 1, 2011
    One of the most loved games of my past is Oddworld.
    heavily puzzle based for a platform game yet they did it well!
    One of the most loved games of my past is Oddworld.
    heavily puzzle based for a platform game yet they did it well!
    giving the option to possess and control your enemies is what made this game shine the most in my eyes. With the strange yet wonderful creatures of Oddworld, this bizzar world really stands out from other platform games. At times you will need to think fast on your feet or meet your demise while others take timing and patience.
    you have a choice to either save your brethren or leave them stranded or even dead.
    Although a direct sequel to the first, the second does not disappoint. new features adds a greater experience from the first. wonderful game and story over all.
  3. AxelR
    Sep 9, 2008
    Best puzzle platformer action game ever! This game rocks in not only gameplay, but humor and laughs. A polished gem.
  4. AndreasL
    Dec 2, 2008
    There is nothing to complain about. every aspect of the game is lovely!
  5. Sep 22, 2011
    This is one of my favorite games on the PlayStation. The content is original and really fun. Just the right amount of difficulty, great scenery, and mind-blowing character development makes this a game of the decade. I wish there was a rating for 11/10.
  6. Dec 26, 2011
    I'm glad of rating this game, because it's one of the first games I played. Graphics are nice, specially in the intros... spectacular (obviously for 1998). Gameplay is very addictive, and it's easy to learn the controls of the games, but sometimes the game gets very hard, but fortunately, we got Quicksaves. Everybody knows that, although quicksaves let you save the game in every moment,I'm glad of rating this game, because it's one of the first games I played. Graphics are nice, specially in the intros... spectacular (obviously for 1998). Gameplay is very addictive, and it's easy to learn the controls of the games, but sometimes the game gets very hard, but fortunately, we got Quicksaves. Everybody knows that, although quicksaves let you save the game in every moment, the game doesn't get bored because of the difficulty of the game. Rescuing mudokons (or killing them xD), is an original idea, and Oddworld knew how to create a great and original world. It's really sad that they actually don't make games (seriously, the last game they made was in 2005 I think). Sorry the bad english. Expand
  7. May 22, 2012
    Absolutely amazing game. Fixes the issue with the first one, the lack of saving points. But adds a lot of new features and puzzles. Again, the maps and everything in the game is beautifully finished. The art direction is amazing. True PSX classic.
  8. Aug 19, 2012
    I LOVE this game. I want to thank Sherry McKenna e Lorne Lanning for creating this amazing World. I love every single aspect of it: the sadism, the adventure, the irony, the sound/music, the backgrounds, the fact that the player character can also possess other creatures, the fact that the player can kill mudokons...one of the best games ever. 10/10
  9. Mar 14, 2015
    Lorne Lanning is a god, and he rules his Oddworld Inhabitants. In the 90s Oddworld Interactive was an ambitious collective of visionaries in an era where big name developers dominated the list of best games ever made. Suddenly we were whisked away to a new fantasy world where tension, strife, atmosphere, industry, and ecology were all well-represented and intricately woven. Never before inLorne Lanning is a god, and he rules his Oddworld Inhabitants. In the 90s Oddworld Interactive was an ambitious collective of visionaries in an era where big name developers dominated the list of best games ever made. Suddenly we were whisked away to a new fantasy world where tension, strife, atmosphere, industry, and ecology were all well-represented and intricately woven. Never before in my gaming history had I been so enchanted by a world that was new to the table. Oddworld is dark comedy in video games at its finest. Sometimes you need to take a break from saving mudokons and cackle maniacally as you blindly lead a group of them into a meat grinder. Expand
  10. Mar 22, 2017
    This is quite a masterpiece! Beautiful visuals, sound, level design and fun puzzles!
    I LOOOOVEEEEE how this game is a very unique platformer!

If you are a person who likes strategy and adventure games, then this game is definitely for you (my recommendation)!

#10 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1998
#13 Most Shared PS1 Game of 1998

1. GMR Magazine
    It's very clever; the political overtones are great for that last-minute term paper. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. In Exoddus, you have an incredibly welcomed quick-save option that allows you to quickly save your progress, anywhere in the game as many times as you want.
  3. Abe's Exoddus isn't different in too many ways from the original but it harkens back to that old saying. "If it ain't broke then why fix it?" fans of the original will be totally pleased here.