• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 31, 1997
7.5

1. Apr 6, 2017
    best game of all time best game of all time best game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game ofbest game of all time best game of all time best game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all timebest game of all time Expand
  2. Mar 18, 2017
    This Game is Hard, If you have never played a rhythm game before, I do not recommend this game for you.
    But if rhythm games are totally your thing or your are button perfect at rhythm games, this game is for you!
    This is a Great Game, when playing it you will smile. My Only Problem is even if you have good timing at Rhythm games you will fail multiple times, the button presses are a bit
    This is a Great Game, when playing it you will smile.
    My Only Problem is even if you have good timing at Rhythm games you will fail multiple times, the button presses are a bit off especially on stage 4 and 5, your TV is not lagging it (unless it is :/) the game was just made that way, and the game is incredibly short, like 6 levels short, but those 6 levels are the best 6 levels ever, and the reason is the music, the music is just fantastic.

Music 10/10 Art Style 8/10 Gameplay 7/10 Characters 10/10 Story 7/10
    Final Score: 9/10 A Great Game, but with problems.
    -TheWaluigiGamer
  3. Mar 3, 2017
    Kick, punch, it's all in the mind! This was THE game that got me hooked on rhythm games at an early age. It wasn't hard at all, like other people seem to be whining about. If a seven year old can beat it and become a rap legend, ANYONE can!

Disclaimer: I was amazing at this game when I was 7, in 1997. I am now 27 and suck at it. I lost all sense of rhythm somewhere in the last 20 years. I cry every time I remember.
  4. Oct 22, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I haven't even played this hip-hop game about a dog, but MAN is it good. I've been wanting this game for awhile, and while I still don't have it, I know when I get it, I'll have a fun time. Sure, the plots are strange, Parappa does karate, drives, sells, bakes, and then holds a **** and gets a party for it. It gets weirder each plot game, but still, it's fun as hell. I can't wait for Parappa's new anime, or his new game, as this Hip-Hop dog's only existence had died...But then light shone out, and Harappa was suddenly given a second chance. Fans played more, made more, and reviewed more. I mean, hell, he's actually what brought music games to it's fame. So without this hip-hop-rapping-pup, other amazing music games probably wouldn't have make me. As you know, when you say Boom-Boom-Boom, I'll say Bam-Bam-Bam, No pause in between, we all jam! Sorry that this review isn't, well, a review, it's more or less just me celebrating Parappa's 20th Anniversary. Which now that I say that, let's all Say ho, ho ho, ho ho ho, and scream for Parappa's 20th Anniversary! We Gotta believe! I give this game a 10 outta 10, the voices and the characters are fantastic! Expand
  5. Jul 22, 2016
    My only 2 problems of this game is the game is cheesy and strange that is all. Everything else is rather super fun or very memorable. This is an instant classic.
  6. Jun 17, 2016
    A pioneer to the rhythm game genre, Parappa the Rapper remains a unique and fun experience of beat boxing through an odd but relateable series of scenarios. The songs are memorable, the stages are hilarious, the artwork is appealing, and the mechanics are solid. Difficulty increases at a fair level and never becomes too challenging or too easy. Entertaining throughout and definitely a gameA pioneer to the rhythm game genre, Parappa the Rapper remains a unique and fun experience of beat boxing through an odd but relateable series of scenarios. The songs are memorable, the stages are hilarious, the artwork is appealing, and the mechanics are solid. Difficulty increases at a fair level and never becomes too challenging or too easy. Entertaining throughout and definitely a game you'll want to share with friends just so they have the experience. I have to say, it's as fun for me now as it was when I first got the game about 15 years ago. Expand
  7. Dec 13, 2015
    Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind! If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find, the things I'll teach ya, is sure to beat ya, but nevertheless you'll get a lesson from teacher!!! If you read that in Chop Chop Master Onion's voice, you already know why this game was so awesome.
  8. Jun 27, 2015
    It's a nearly perfect game it's fun enjoyable and probably the best playstation game to date it's also hilarious if you are a sony fan who has the original playstation try to get it off ebay or amazon
  9. Feb 28, 2014
    I am a Nintendo fan, but I play Playstation for this amazing musical title. Parappa the rapper has a cheesy story line, but that's not what music games are about. The gameplay is great, and a great playstation game, and personally my favourite playstation 1 title.
  10. Feb 7, 2013
    Parrapa the Rapper is always fun to play! its songs are catchy and fun to finnish. although, it is kinda hard to get the beats right for some reasons. a lot of times i could be doing bad but more score would be good and when im good my score is bad. the programing for that isn't so good but thats a ps1 game. all the way its still a good game!
  11. May 14, 2011
    It is far from perfect, but it is essentially one of the most original and appealing games on the PS1. Pros: It is one of the funniest games I've ever played -- and heard; the 2-D sprites and art style are cool; the story and characters are unforgettable. Cons: Too short and too shallow; no replay value; frequent mechanical bugs.
  12. EvanJ.
    Oct 2, 2005
    Super duper cool!
  13. JenL.
    Feb 16, 2004
    The funniest game I've played in my life!

#4 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1997
#4 Most Shared PS1 Game of 1997

1. This game would be super fly at a party You won’t be whizzing through it unless you’re super smartie.
  2. One word of caution, though; if you have a bad neck, stay away from this game. It is virtually impossible to play without bobbing your head or moving some part of your body. You have been warned!
    PaRappa's only real problem lies in the length of the game -- it's way too short. However, once you've beaten it in good standing, you can ad-lib, or 'freestyle,' in the levels.