Spyro: Year of the Dragon PlayStation

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 23, 2000
8.8

1. Mar 28, 2013
    The platformer was certainly a popular genre back in the PSone days and this first Spyro title was amongst the better efforts.
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    I picked up my cousin's PS1 a while back and played this for the first time. And I have to admit it was pretty fun, colorful and immersive. When you first look at it, it seems like a quirky kid's game but still ramps up the challenge and can be really addicting to adventure around and keep unlocking secrets and challenges. Sure, it doesn't look very good but we'll give it a break for its age.

#4 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 2000
#19 Most Shared PS1 Game of 2000

1. Its true 3D exploratory gameplay, its vast and varied level designs, its colorful cast of characters, and its picture-perfect control create a fantastic atmosphere.
  2. Spank!
    A good, solid 3D platformer that won't disappoint fans of the purple dragon, but may leave fans of the genre feeling a little empty.
  3. Daily Radar
    More creative minigames, a slightly higher difficulty level, superb level design and some of the best realtime graphics the PlayStation has ever seen all make Year of the Dragon a winner.