Tekken 3 PlayStation
  • Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Apr 29, 1998
9.0

1. May 7, 2012
    I can not stress on how amazing this game is. For a PS1 game, this was easily in the Top 5 games of all time back then. Tekken 3 still remains the best in the franchise next to Tekken 5. For some odd reason, Namco decided to go multiplatform outside of the PlayStation brand. Ever since that, Tekken hasn't been very good. Hopefully they will return back home where they belong.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is awesome. Released in 1998 and still better than the most 1x1 fighting games I've been playing since than. Getting a new Fighter for each time that you finish the arcade with a different character and getting a new final video, with awesome graphics (comparing with other PS1 games) everytime you finish it gave me the will to replay it several times. Incredible gameplay.

This
    game totally rocks. Better of the Tekken serie, for me. Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2011
    So many characters, so many combos, so much fun! This is one of the best fighting games ever created because there are so many unique features and revolutionary fighting.
  4. Aug 22, 2011
    Yep, Tekken 3 isn't just an incredible old game, is one of the best game in the history and made proud the PlayStation. Who will forget the kick ass intro in it?
  5. Feb 28, 2013
    Tekken 3 is good fighting game but for me there are better ones in the series. Still like it, was my entry to tekken. Good graphic, sound, control and many modes.
  6. Jul 14, 2012
    Sorry about the 0 review, yes this is the silly Rice who forgot to score the review, anyways, best fighting game ever and allways will be, work on a HD remake Namco
  7. Jul 11, 2013
    This game changed the way i looked at fighting games. Absolutely revolutionary for it's time. I could have gotten a PhD in the amount of time i spent playing Tekken 3 and Bushido Blade back int he day. Extremely tactical; best character model and motion by far, for its time. Viva la Tekken 3.
  8. Dec 25, 2013
    Tekken 3 on the PlayStation is the fighting game. Excellent fighting game with extra modes and practice features. One of the best games on Playstation.
  9. Jan 6, 2013
    Very good game. Graphics and performance: 6+ (6.25); Longevity: 6- (5.75); Gameplay: 7- (6.75); Plot: 4. OVERALL SCORE: 6- [5.85] (5.75 out of 10 [Good/Very good]).
  10. Apr 4, 2013
    Pretty much the best fighting game on the PS1. Was even better on the arcade. For the time these graphics and controls were top of the line. Fighting is fun and generally very balanced and easy to learn. Great characters. Great back stories.

Overall:
    Just a really great game and one of my top PS1 games
  11. Feb 13, 2013
    Possibly the most classic of all 3D fighters, Tekken 3 is a masterpiece. One of few games that makes you go just one more round, Tekken 3 has it all; bright, unique characters, each with a recognizably different move set, and music that is just too cool and memorable. Add the new Tekken Force mode, Tekken Ball mode, and a completely positive overhaul to Tekken 3 and you'll see why this game is considered by many to be the best fighting game of all time. Expand
  12. Aug 19, 2013
    best fighting game on ps1 great graphics and just outstanding character everyone with over 100 moves this game is absolutely addictive and still with today's standers you'll find yourself going back to play it
  13. Mar 5, 2014
    This is a game that lasts forever. Whenever me and my best buddy are feeling competitive, we turn on the good old PS2, and play Tekken 3 for hours, constantly filled with adrenaline. I find this game much more suited for multiplayer, butthe single player game is great, the bots are fair, and there's a ton to unlock. There are many game modes, all equal in the fun they provide. The cutscenes were an unforgettable touch. The models look great, especially for a PS1 game, the environments are rich and diverse. You can't really spam one move and win (which is why I find it hundreds of times better than other fighter games), there's a lot of combo potential. By playing with your friend, you'll probably learn a new move, unless you've already mastered all of the 100+ moves your character has. There isn't really a best character, because Every character can defeat and be defeated by any other, again, why I favour this game. My personal favourite is Lei Wulong, for all the 5 forms he has. This has got to be one of the best fighters that have ever existed, topped only by Tekken 5 or Soul Calibur (also by Namco). Expand
  14. Jun 27, 2014
    Everybody knows Tekken 3 is best tekken, maybe the best fighting game EVER, if it wasn't for mash bros. It does EVERYTHING right! Except for Gon. But thank god he's never had a 2nd appearance!
  15. Jun 13, 2014
    Best fighting game ever, this is where fighting games were at their apex, I remember playing against my older sister on this game so much, it is an iconic game with many great memories.
  16. Jul 22, 2014
    simply the best tekken game ever.
    it's a shame we can't get it through PSN like the first 2 entries although it would make good money to the company
    hope to see it soon

1. An amazing conversion, given the difference between the arcade and PlayStation hardware at the time. Set the standard for bonuses. [Feb 2003, p.97]
  2. I'd come off as a huge hypocrite if I didn't put Tekken 3 at the top of the list. "Tekken 2" was a 10, and Tekken 3 is a better game in most respects.
  3. The gameplay is identical to the arcade. Every move, combo, and character has been transferred over, and a couple of new characters have been added in as well.