The King of Fighters '99 PlayStation

8.9

1. Dmar
    Nov 26, 2001
    King of Fighters 99'....hmmmmm. It's a good fighting game overall. The team mode may just be the best part in this game. The color edit mode is cool...but I can't get my new colored fighter into other modes-Arrgh! While the graphics are tight, the control is ok, yet the game suffers in one huge way. The boss is REALLY CHEAP! He and his moves are corny! And tough there are King of Fighters 99'....hmmmmm. It's a good fighting game overall. The team mode may just be the best part in this game. The color edit mode is cool...but I can't get my new colored fighter into other modes-Arrgh! While the graphics are tight, the control is ok, yet the game suffers in one huge way. The boss is REALLY CHEAP! He and his moves are corny! And tough there are other modes--there still something missing that I can't figure out. Bottom line---only for SNK and lovers of 2d fighting. If you don't apply to this well...rent...if desperate! Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. The one-two punch of this brawler and "Metal Slug X" has finally brought a smile to the faces of SNK fans still morning the loss of the NeoGeo Pocket.
  2. A decent port of an inherently disappointing game.
    KoF '99 retains all the fighting fun of the previous years, though the load times will wear at your patience and make you long for the Dreamcast version.