Tomb Raider III PlayStation

8.3

1. Jun 28, 2012
    Tomb Raider III is TR1 & 2 on steroids. It's bigger, badder, and tougher. The emphasis on exploration is higher this time around with a well-balanced mix of action. The heavy use of gun fights with human goons from TR2 are lighter this time around. TRIII offers the most diversity out of any Tomb Raider game. From the wider arsenal of weapons (Desert Eagle, Rocker Launcher,etc) , moreTomb Raider III is TR1 & 2 on steroids. It's bigger, badder, and tougher. The emphasis on exploration is higher this time around with a well-balanced mix of action. The heavy use of gun fights with human goons from TR2 are lighter this time around. TRIII offers the most diversity out of any Tomb Raider game. From the wider arsenal of weapons (Desert Eagle, Rocker Launcher,etc) , more outfits, new vehicles (quad bike,kayak, etc), new moves like sprinting and crawling, to a variety of larger scaled levels (India, Area 51, London, Tropical island, Antartica). Levels now have multiple paths. The difficulty for this game ranges between intermediate to hard. Environments are more deadly. Traps and Death linger in every corner. The new save system is based on collecting Save Cystals scattered throughout the levels. They are limited in supply and must be used wisely. The player can also save the game after completion of levels. Give this game a chance if you are up for a challenge. It's not going to satisfy everyone. TRIII's difficulty has resulted in poor reviews and mixed opinions. Don't let them fool you. Tomb Raider III is a good game that offers more of a challenge than others titles in the series. Expand
  2. Jul 2, 2014
    Lara comes of age, I missed the time trials and stuff at Croft Manor, but the game play and action were excellent. You really started to feel you were 100% in control. Still not perfect but at the time we had no complaints.
  3. Oct 23, 2011
    Tomb Raider III is the only game where I give 10 because i have played many games in my life,and unfortunately,nothing gives me the majesty that I feel when I play this masterpiece!!!!!
  4. May 18, 2015

#11 Most Discussed PS1 Game of 1998
#8 Most Shared PS1 Game of 1998

1. In gameplay terms Lara's latest adventures are by far the best... but don't expect an easy ride... I say if you can't stand the heat.... then get out of the jungle.
  2. Tomb Raider III may essentially be more of the same apart from a few new bells and whistles, but with gameplay as engrossing as this, perhaps that's no bad thing. It still walks all over young pretenders like ODT.
  3. The AI of Lara's assailants is markedly improved, the level design is ambitious (sometimes overly so) and there are a number of small, yet notable additions to the TR repertoire.