Bomberman Land PSP

7.8

1. Jul 21, 2015
    Once again, can't understand the critics.
    Well, if you're looking for a game like Bomberman Land 3 (BL3) of the PS2, you are going to be disappointed at the beginning of the game. Yeah, just the beginning of the game. Why I say that? Because it happened to me.
    Once again, can't understand the critics.
    Got the game thinking on the same mechanics of the PS2 game. Well, there was no character movement at all. But I did what I started to think (sorry if this is not true, but is what all critics seen to be to me) none of the official critics did: I played the game. I don't mean playing like half an hour to write a review, but finishing the game (getting all pieces).
    The game disappointed me at first, but then I keep playing and oh my, I was getting fun! This kind of fun fits perfectly on the difference of the BL3 of the PS2, since it is a "pocket" game. They just got all the fun and exciting mini games of the BL3 and excluded all the boring walking through repetitive areas that would REALLY bore anyone with a PSP.
    This game is sure fun and I really recommend it to anybody.

#40 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2008

Bomberman Land is basically a PSP version of the classic Bomberman game plus a bunch of random stuff you can take or leave. The trouble is, there are better versions of Bomberman around, so unless you really want to play the mini-games, you're better off sticking with those.
    The inevitable conclusion, a showdown with the final boss, should sensibly have been the one part of the game to slip into classic Bomberman battle mode. Instead, it's just another retread of one of the less interesting minigames. Imagine all that buildup with not even an explosion to be seen. How fitting.
    If you're a fan of traditional Bomberman and you want a shinier, portable version of the experience, this is a pretty solid game to pick up. However, if you're more interested in the single-player mini-game collection, be wary: the pacing and lack of real innovation keep this from being a stellar title.