Chili Con Carnage PSP

7.6

1. May 26, 2013
    One of my absolute favorite games I played on PSP, it's funny and the action is cool, it's not meant to be play through in one seating, otherwise i would think it's short and the special effects might get old soon, it was a great gaming for picking up on my commute to work.
  2. BruceC.
    Dec 30, 2007
    I find most shooters on the PSP to have very awkward and cumbersome controls. CCC is a bit different; the controls are fairly simple. You use the analog to move and turn your avatar, use the D-pad to switch weapons, and use the square button to shoot. The left shoulder is used to "lock on" to objects and the right shoulder is used for enemies. The graphics are fairly good and the theme is I find most shooters on the PSP to have very awkward and cumbersome controls. CCC is a bit different; the controls are fairly simple. You use the analog to move and turn your avatar, use the D-pad to switch weapons, and use the square button to shoot. The left shoulder is used to "lock on" to objects and the right shoulder is used for enemies. The graphics are fairly good and the theme is cartoonish violence, so it works fairly well. Most of the enemies are fairly easy to kill and it's not a particularly challenging game. Overall I like it and rate it about an 8 out of 10. Expand
  3. SeriousD.
    Mar 4, 2007
    Quite possibly one of the best games for the PSP. Tremendous amounts of fun and excitement. If you like games like Pursuit Force and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Chili Con Carnage is for you!
  4. ReturnoftheTres
    Mar 8, 2007
    Chili Con Carne, Hispanic hip-hop, bullet time, more Mexican drug dealers than a whole season of The Shield, and heaps of high-powered guns to shoot them with... how can you possibly fault it? To be serious, I was also surprised at the amount of replay value this game has. The stages themselves have a medal system (similar to Rogue Squadron, where getting all golds was half the game), Chili Con Carne, Hispanic hip-hop, bullet time, more Mexican drug dealers than a whole season of The Shield, and heaps of high-powered guns to shoot them with... how can you possibly fault it? To be serious, I was also surprised at the amount of replay value this game has. The stages themselves have a medal system (similar to Rogue Squadron, where getting all golds was half the game), there are challenge stages in between, and heaps of unlockables. There's also an 'El Macho' mode, where you have to keep a combo going as long as you can to get a high score (the shooter equivalent of Endless Mode!) and the stages have to be unlocked through the 1 player mode. This may be a simple game at first (once you get used to the controls) but unlocking everything and getting the high scores requires real skill and practice. Overall, a fun, over-the-top shooter with puzzle game qualities- simple to learn, hard to master! Expand
  5. FuZZyD.
    Feb 27, 2007
    This reminds me of a sort of max pain/duke nukem/ matrix kinda of game, it's good for a while and funny while it last, but it is repetitive and pretty short lived, but never the less it's fun while it last and that it the main thing, it's not bad it's just not fantastically great neither. My opinion try before you buy.
  6. Mar 5, 2012
    What more can I say, this game had brilliant graphics for a PSP game and the humour was actually funny. The moves you pull off with your guns and combos you find gives this game a unigue fell, but I have to say I did prefer the PS2/Xbox version as its more open world and the graphics are a tiny bit better. But overall My third favourite PSP game in its series, Driver being 2nd and GTA being 1st.
  7. Jan 19, 2017
    If you played "Total Overdose" on PS2, don't expect that "Chili Con Carnage" will be great too. Of course the PSP title does not offer a world like the PS2 title, although seeing GTA LCS and GTA VCS it should be possible. But that's not the problem with this game. The controls are not well done. Pulling all kind of crazy stunts and combos in "Total Overdose" was one reason that made it aIf you played "Total Overdose" on PS2, don't expect that "Chili Con Carnage" will be great too. Of course the PSP title does not offer a world like the PS2 title, although seeing GTA LCS and GTA VCS it should be possible. But that's not the problem with this game. The controls are not well done. Pulling all kind of crazy stunts and combos in "Total Overdose" was one reason that made it a great game. "Chili Con Carnage" on the other hand, with the PSP stick and the game's physics completely ruin the fun. That being said, the unreliable controls turn this game into a frustrating challenge - a challenge that is not based on skill, but rather luck. It's such a shame. Expand
  8. Jan 30, 2017
    No es por nada pero lo divertido de Total Overdose fue eliminado acá, en esta especie de precuela spinoff. un juego de acción frenético con algunas cosas divertidas. no lo recomiendo mucho

#28 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2007

1. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    It's like a "Max Payne" knockoff designed by Robert Rodriguez in the middle of an all-night peyote-bender...It's a stupid, loud, relentless mix of guns and chuckles. [Mar 2007, p.118]
    There's lots of stuff to go back and do to keep you occupied, so it'll stay in your PSP a while as well, just so long as you don't get bored of shooting dudes in the face.
  3. The third-person camera sometimes causes frustration, but otherwise this by-the-book action shooter serves up a spicy helping of mindless bloodshed.