8.6

1. Nov 23, 2011
    Amazing game, don't be fooled by the anime appearance.
    This is a true horror game through and through.
    As long as you like survival horror, give this game a try.
    A must have title for psp owners.
  2. Dec 16, 2011
    One of the best horror games I have played in a long time. In terms of gameplay it consists of simple puzzles and moments of intense pacman-esque evasion. It's definitely a game that's meant to be played for the story. It's unpredictability and shocking twists will keep you going till the very last chapter. The sound design and voice acting (although in Japanese) is top notch and reallyOne of the best horror games I have played in a long time. In terms of gameplay it consists of simple puzzles and moments of intense pacman-esque evasion. It's definitely a game that's meant to be played for the story. It's unpredictability and shocking twists will keep you going till the very last chapter. The sound design and voice acting (although in Japanese) is top notch and really sets the mood. Playing with headphones is highly recommended. Being largely a text driven game, it may not appeal to today's ADD Call of Duty gamers. However, for those looking for something unique, original, and truly unsettling it's definitely worth the 20 bucks. Those who say Japanese gaming is dead have clearly not picked up this horror gem of a game. So dust off that PSP and prepare to give the system it's final hoo-rah before Vita's release. Expand
  3. Jun 22, 2014
    Astonishingly creepy and shamelessly violent, with equal and fair indifference to all of its characters, Corpse Party is one of the most, if not the single most, most brutal video attacks on your tolerance for real horror. Outstanding writing, gorgeously violent art, and an exceedingly precise soundscape, with a completely unforgiving, yet appropriate difficulty (you, and everyone elseAstonishingly creepy and shamelessly violent, with equal and fair indifference to all of its characters, Corpse Party is one of the most, if not the single most, most brutal video attacks on your tolerance for real horror. Outstanding writing, gorgeously violent art, and an exceedingly precise soundscape, with a completely unforgiving, yet appropriate difficulty (you, and everyone else around you, *will* be killed, repeatedly, as it should be--who would want a forgiving horror game in which everything is easily escaped?) makes this any horror fan's wettest dream. Spits on pseudo-horror nonsense like Resident Evil, and even Fatal Frame. The Golden Standard for how to terrify the player. Expand
  4. Dec 29, 2011
    Really good horror game, with a very thrilling plot that really hooks you in and characters that makes you pity them as soon as they enter this nightmare: so what's wrong instead? First, "what's going on?" is the question you'll do more often: it's really easy to die in this game (but it's a part of the secrets), but yet i RARELY see what's happening and there's usually a line of textReally good horror game, with a very thrilling plot that really hooks you in and characters that makes you pity them as soon as they enter this nightmare: so what's wrong instead? First, "what's going on?" is the question you'll do more often: it's really easy to die in this game (but it's a part of the secrets), but yet i RARELY see what's happening and there's usually a line of text telling me that. Yes there are moments where it shows the images of them but...I want to see what's going on! I don't ask for images of dead corpses but at least what's happening, some imagery of the scene it's the vital part of this kind of games: this to me was a very annoying flaw, but as I said the text lines explains (actually very well and detailed) but I want to see what's happening more often, not just read it. And second: you can't skip any single dialogue of the entire game: if you die after a LONG cutscene...you'll have to see all of it again....just why? As i said it's so easy to die, which means you'll see some of the actions and events you just did over and over, and this is a PART of the game...and yet no skipping feature?!
    That's actually all to me: it's a great psp horror game and yeah even if graphics are dated I don't give much bother; the voice acting is left in (a very good) japanese so for those who love the original dubs (I don't, but i don't hate either) it's a plus: buy it if you like horror games with very (VERY) thrilling plots and and scenery.
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    Pues a mi si me saco sustos o.o . Estilo de RPG antiguo pero con tantos factores en su desarrollo, el miedo que van generando en los personajes, las decisiones rapidas que hay que tomar, hasta la decision mas casual puede llevarte a un final malo. Pero si sabes moverte con suerte llegaras al final del capitulo......entre comillas final "bueno"
  6. Dec 30, 2011
    Great game and easily the PSP's swan song. It's not for everyone as the game is VERY depressing, even the 'happy' ending has a depressing undertone. This game will definitely take you on an emotional roller coaster filled with more downs than ups. On the technical side of things, the biggest problem is that the game only occasionally tells you what to do next. Most of the time yourGreat game and easily the PSP's swan song. It's not for everyone as the game is VERY depressing, even the 'happy' ending has a depressing undertone. This game will definitely take you on an emotional roller coaster filled with more downs than ups. On the technical side of things, the biggest problem is that the game only occasionally tells you what to do next. Most of the time your wondering around the halls of the school frantically smashing the X button trying to find that one small thing you missed an hour ago. It can get very bad at some points in the game and you can spend quite a bit of time not knowing where to go or how to get to that point. Other than that though there really isn't much to this game other than watching the very depressing story and wondering if any of the characters will actually live through the game. Don't play this game if your feeling depressed for any reason and don't play this game without some semblance of a guide and don't feel bad if you do use one. There literally is no skill involved in this game other than some brainless puzzles that don't have any impact on the story. Just watch your emotional state when playing this game. It can be a real downer at times but if you can get by that, you'll easily find a great horror game, one that deserves to be played. Also you'll only find this as a download on the PSN and NOT on an actual UMD so don't go around looking for this at stores. Expand
  7. Dec 27, 2011
    Awful graphics and extremely outdated gameplay, but definitely a great game. Voice acting and SFX are great, music is superb and the story although full of cliches, is very absorbing and well elaborated.

You'll be trapped with this game until you finish it.

RECOMMENDED
  8. Jan 3, 2012
    It's already been said here but I'll say it again. One of the best Horror games I have ever played. The story, the dialogue, the characters, the many endings, all great. It's genuinely disturbing and even though I beat it almost a week ago I'm still thinking about it. Don't let the top down 16-bit RPG look fool you, this game is scarier then any Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Best 20 bucksIt's already been said here but I'll say it again. One of the best Horror games I have ever played. The story, the dialogue, the characters, the many endings, all great. It's genuinely disturbing and even though I beat it almost a week ago I'm still thinking about it. Don't let the top down 16-bit RPG look fool you, this game is scarier then any Resident Evil or Silent Hill. Best 20 bucks you'll ever spend on a game. Collapse
  9. Feb 4, 2012
    This is one of the best horror games I'd played for such a long time. Even though Corpse Party is not totally similar to survival horror games like old Resident Evil and Silent Hills, it involves light puzzle solving, exploration & best of all, a great atmosphere.

Corpse Party is a must play game for fans of true survival horror games along with visual novel lovers.
  10. Sep 6, 2014
    **** me. I just watched Pewdiepie's playthrough of this, and all the words have pretty much been sucked out of my mouth with a five-thousand-watt vacuum cleaner. Whenever such a talented group of writers, coders, producers and artists get together and make a masterpiece...I never can fathom the amount of emotional attachment I acquire with the characters. Naomi, Satoshi, Yuka, Seiko (damn**** me. I just watched Pewdiepie's playthrough of this, and all the words have pretty much been sucked out of my mouth with a five-thousand-watt vacuum cleaner. Whenever such a talented group of writers, coders, producers and artists get together and make a masterpiece...I never can fathom the amount of emotional attachment I acquire with the characters. Naomi, Satoshi, Yuka, Seiko (damn it, the manly tears!) and everyone else are unforgettable characters, with an unforgettable and gruesomely real story behind them.

Whatever you do in the coming week, play this game. Or watch Pewdiepie play through it on YouTube, I found it just as, or even more enjoyable.

P.S. I noticed you might die sometimes and would get a 'wrong' ending. You don't want that. Save your game often and try to collect all the information (you should do that anyway, it makes the plot and game that much better).
  11. Jan 3, 2012

1. Feb 27, 2012
    If you're going to spend the $20 on Corpse Party, it is very important to know what you're getting into. This is not a "game," but an interactive novel with video game elements that, for the most part, aren't very good. You will get frustrated and lost a few times, but if you stick with it and keep a cool head, Corpse Party will reward you with an unsettling story that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The game doesn't shy away from violence so be prepared to sit through some really disturbing and uncomfortable moments.
  2. Jan 29, 2012
    It's extremely rare that a game would be better with less gameplay. [Issue#118, p.113]
  3. Jan 10, 2012
    Corpse Party proves that a minimalistic approach can get some of the best results when it comes to horror. If a little blood gets you weak in the knees, this game is not for you.