God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP

8.4

1. Aug 1, 2017
    Great god of war as a portable game. This game satisfies everyone who like the main series. Great variation of gameplay, but special powers could've been better. Great (and typical gow combat), with intriguing story. The only negative (which was expected) was nothing mind-blowingly new or epic was introduced in this game. The ending which was very unique ended rather abruptly. But overallGreat god of war as a portable game. This game satisfies everyone who like the main series. Great variation of gameplay, but special powers could've been better. Great (and typical gow combat), with intriguing story. The only negative (which was expected) was nothing mind-blowingly new or epic was introduced in this game. The ending which was very unique ended rather abruptly. But overall any gow fan would enjoy this game on the go. Expand
  2. Jun 22, 2017
    Yes yeeeesss. Pushing that psp to the peek performance. Wow. 9/10. This is incredible. When I first heard I Went like meh let's check it out but wow that was some awesome stuff right there. Compelling characters. The boss is scary as hell and wow amazing story arc and the emotion level is unbelievable in this game. I loved it and I believe you will too. This game shows the true psp powerYes yeeeesss. Pushing that psp to the peek performance. Wow. 9/10. This is incredible. When I first heard I Went like meh let's check it out but wow that was some awesome stuff right there. Compelling characters. The boss is scary as hell and wow amazing story arc and the emotion level is unbelievable in this game. I loved it and I believe you will too. This game shows the true psp power house and how it compares to its big brother the PS2. Expand
  3. Jan 7, 2017
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta eu achei melhor que o Chains of Olympus, temos o Deimos o irmao do Kratos que é bom personagem, temos duvidas respondidas, bons graficos, um ótimo enredo, uma excelente trilha sonora, jogabilidade muito fluida, momentos épicos, jogo muito recomendado. Nota 9.4
  4. Jun 25, 2016
    A great game for a handheld, though not as good as Chains of Olympus. Graphics are very good, story is touching, but the difficulty is inconsistent and may frustrate at times.
  5. Jun 13, 2016
    This game has got very amazing bosses, this game very adactive and this game one of the best exclusive on Playstation Portable . Graphics in this game is good and storyline is wonderful and this is one of the best God Of War Game, but God of War on Playstation 2 is better and God of War Ghost of Sparta is better than God of War 2 and God of War 3 . Amazing and Awesome game, wonderful .
  6. May 5, 2016
    Game: God of War Ghost of Sparta
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Sony/Ready at Dawn System: Playstation Portable (PSP) Total Score: 85/100 Value Score: 8.5/10 • Story: 8/10 • Characters: 8/10 • GamePlay: 9/10 • Graphics: 9/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 7/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 7/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Gameplay has been improved with new battle mechanics and
    Game: God of War Ghost of Sparta
    Genre: Action
    Developer: Sony/Ready at Dawn
    System: Playstation Portable (PSP)
    Total Score: 85/100

• Music: 7/10
    • Length: 7/10
    • Replay Value: 7/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +Gameplay has been improved with new battle mechanics and abilities
    +Less annoying QTEs
    +Game Length is longer
    +More boss battles have been added
    +Visuals max out the platform's most potential
    +Gameplay is well balanced and modified for portable experience
    +Post game content consists of harder difficulties, challenges, costumes and developer videos

Cons
    -Controls can be somewhat frustrating due to the PSP's analog
  7. Dec 27, 2015
    Gameplay: 1 (Unplayable)
    Fun: 1 (You can't Have Fun)
    Story: 7 (Story is set during Era 5000BC to 500BC)
    Cast: 7 (Great)
    Score: 1/10

Overrated By All should got less then 7.8s
  8. Dec 18, 2015
    The God Of War Ghost Sparta is one of the best psp games experienced yet with awesome control, gameplay, graphic one of the best the game, the graphic style is more like movie, watching movie everything of this games is the best.
  9. Mar 12, 2015
    Ghost of Sparta is cool. But not the best game on the PlayStation Portable. Graphic is great but i dont like the mithology worlds. Gameplay is excitied.
  10. Dec 26, 2013
    Graphically one of the most beautiful game on the PSP system. Nothing hugely different about the gameplay, but there's no need to change already perfect system. And like other God of Wars this one also provides epic soundtrack and story. Little short in length and provides nothing new but still a great GOW game.
  11. Sep 28, 2013
    Aunque "Chain of Olympus" es mejor, "Ghost of Sparta" no está nada mal, si te gustó el otro título también para la consola de PSP te recomiendo jugarlo para no perderse las aventuras épicas que Kratos lleva a cabo empañando las Espadas del Caos para derrotar enemigos muy creativos.
  12. Sep 27, 2013
    Ghost of Sparda takes place between God of War and God of War II, Kratos is filled with anger because the gods did not rid him of his haunting visions, Kratos finds out that his younger brother is still alive. Kratos embarks on a journey to save his brother. The gameplay is better than Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta is by far the best looking game on the PSP. They added a new tacklingGhost of Sparda takes place between God of War and God of War II, Kratos is filled with anger because the gods did not rid him of his haunting visions, Kratos finds out that his younger brother is still alive. Kratos embarks on a journey to save his brother. The gameplay is better than Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta is by far the best looking game on the PSP. They added a new tackling button which is awesome. The story is great, in my opinion this is the best game you can find on a portable device. Expand
  13. Jun 20, 2013
    Excellent game to play on your the Vita, looks great and is awesome to play. I got this at the same time as God of war Ascension and while there's obvious graphical differences, the gameplay is virtually the same in this game and i'm enjoying flicking between the two titles.Good story and cut scene that keep you engrossed.
    A must have for the handheld.
  14. Jun 18, 2013
    Best PSP game hands-down. It has great graphics (for its time), fun gameplay, intriguing story, and lots of replay value. Highly recommended for all of the people out there who still play their PSP.
  15. Jan 22, 2013
    Terribly short, Poor combat, good story, despicable camera, weird enemies. Is this supposed to be clown school? Just a terrible game. The only thing you expect is terrible ideas. Chains of Olympus is tons better.
  16. Dec 17, 2012
    This game has an amazing story, cool and awesome with nice roles in the game, and of course, a gameplay that never gets old, and the best graphics I've ever seen for a PSP game. This realistic, fun, and awesome adventure will make you have the fun playing as Kratos, anywhere and anytime, because it is portable.

Gameplay: 10/10 - The gameplay never gets old --- Fresh and good controls,

Gameplay: 10/10 - The gameplay never gets old --- Fresh and good controls, you can get new skills in the game, and more.
    Music: 10/10 - The music never gets annoying and keeps the game fun and exciting.
    Story: 10/10 - They don't added more than what they needed, just something easy to learn, specially if you have played the first GoF games.
    Graphics: 10/10 - Remember, this is a handheld console made in 2004... The graphics are simply amazing and won't make you lag. Sony and Capcom made an amazing job at this point.
  17. Sep 3, 2012
    Good but could have been great. Their "puzzles" are awful, they're either so obvious that you breeze through them or they're so hidden that you spend 20 minutes jumping around looking for the exit before you give up and look for a walkthrough on google.

Fighting is a lot of fun, and thankfully that is half of the game. Although his chains are kind of lame, so are his glowing blades. Why can't Kratos have any cool weapons like Conan?
  18. Jun 10, 2012
    I played this game on Vita and it still looked like is it made by gods. I love it, I admire it, I cry for more. The plot is really involving, the bosses are gorgeous, the slaughter is awesome. Must play.
  19. May 16, 2012
    This game is amazing. To me all the things i didnt like about chains of olympus they fixed in some way in this game. There are much more boss battles and they are all great and would satisfy you even if this game wuz on a console. Its longer,twice as long to be exact. If your on a harder diffuculty or are just slow it will take about 5-7 hours to beat. The story is deep and well thoughtThis game is amazing. To me all the things i didnt like about chains of olympus they fixed in some way in this game. There are much more boss battles and they are all great and would satisfy you even if this game wuz on a console. Its longer,twice as long to be exact. If your on a harder diffuculty or are just slow it will take about 5-7 hours to beat. The story is deep and well thought out,this game will constantly make you forget what system your playing on. The graphics are buetiful and some mechanics are borrowed from the other games. Like the quick time events now appear on the side of the screen,blood splatters on Kratos,there are ledge swinging segments,etc. You get a new weapon(spear/shield) alot of critics liked this weapon but i didnt idk y but sucks for me because there are parts toward the end where you have to use it for puzzles and far away enemies. This game is fantastic and you wont truly beleive it untill you play it,wutever negative thing people have said about this game they are just haters and dont let them deprive you from enjoying most likely the best handheld game ever. Expand
  20. Apr 11, 2012
    Better than previous one. 'nuff said
  21. Jan 13, 2012
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta for the Playstation Portable was great as if gave my inner killer great Spartan rage!!SCEA did a beautiful job on the graphics as well! I hope they make another to the the trilogy~

Good Job!

22. Sep 30, 2011
    When I first started playing this for about the first hour or more it just felt like another god of war game, but as I got deeper into it I quickly became submersed in this games fantastic story which takes place between the first and second games, which is the best in a game in this series so far, it really shows a new side of Kratos that you only saw once for a short time in Chains ofWhen I first started playing this for about the first hour or more it just felt like another god of war game, but as I got deeper into it I quickly became submersed in this games fantastic story which takes place between the first and second games, which is the best in a game in this series so far, it really shows a new side of Kratos that you only saw once for a short time in Chains of Olympus, and shows is more than just an angry dude who screams a lot, this game also does what I thought almost impossible, it surpasses the previous god of war game to come out for the PSP in every way, the graphics are better although at times it takes on a more cartoony effect (think of how the Star Wars The Clone Wars games look), this honestly looks better than either of PS2 games, and the sound is fantastic as always, and there are a few new changes to combat, and replenishing fire meter that sets your weapons ablaze is a nice addition, and the new tackle move is quite effective, and the platforming additions make Kratos seem like a more agile character and they reminded me of the Prince of Persia games, and some awesome new foes to fight are cool, if you are a fan of the series this is a must play, and the best PSP game I've played so far. Expand
  23. Jun 6, 2011
    Expanded the story of kratos and the adventure of COO. Even Better. Soon to be put on a PS3 Blu-ray collection. Must buy for the PSP...............................................................................................................................
  24. May 19, 2011
    God Mode: Overall, the game series is captivating with its well thought out storyline to which it has resulted in endless enjoyment; furthermore, the learning of the Greek mythology. Past reviews have spotted it quite high up on the pedestal but what most reviewers don't seem to realize is that, there are different modes of game play for which they don't take into consideration, especiallyGod Mode: Overall, the game series is captivating with its well thought out storyline to which it has resulted in endless enjoyment; furthermore, the learning of the Greek mythology. Past reviews have spotted it quite high up on the pedestal but what most reviewers don't seem to realize is that, there are different modes of game play for which they don't take into consideration, especially in GOD MODE or mode of the highest difficulty. As a recent follower of GOW and its series, I have decided to endeavor into the god mode realm of the game due to boredom for which, to my surprise, I had my butt kicked so many times that has made me rethink about the skills that a player can play in the game play. For example, the technicalities does not seem to have much implication on standard mode but when every second, every action, etc. counts, God Mode cuts short of oneâ Expand
  25. Feb 24, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a great game. Graphics are amazing. Story can be better. who knew the graphics could get this good on a PSP. Brilliant set pieces and graphics for the handheld. Boss battles are remarkably....easy :(

In a nutshell :- Overall great game. Recommended Buy! ^.^
  26. Feb 4, 2011
    Very cool game, im a GOW lover and this is the best that ive played!! If the Score went higher, i would say a 96!! And yet again, his adventure starts on a crashed/sinking ship :)
  27. Jan 11, 2011
    Nothing but an improvement from the first game, who knew the graphics could get this good on a psp!!!!! its the same AAA brutal rewarding combat with added features. its a longer story... what more is not to like!
  28. Dec 6, 2010
    Brilliant set pieces and graphics for the handheld with some truly magnificent (if somewhat easy) boss battles are only marred by some awkward camera issues and lack of any real innovation.
    A must but nonetheless
  29. Nov 25, 2010
    Ghost of Sparta is a great PSP game and a fine addition to the God of War series. The developer has taken the strengths of its console brethren and injected some much needed backstory and character development for Kratos (aka the angriest dude in videogames). By providing gamers with some insight into Kratos' rage, Ready at Dawn has enhanced the series' appeal.
  30. Nov 12, 2010
    I really liked this game. But I don't know if its for everybody, get it if you want to kill short time. Even though video games are excellent time killers LOL. You wont get as pissed off on the challenges unlike the other god of war games. But don't worry, the game is not a huge letdown like "chains of olympus". Overall great game. Recommended Buy!^_^
  31. Nov 11, 2010
    Absolutely fantastic game! The graphics, combat, and story are all polished and combine to create one of the best experiences to be had on the PSP. I just wish the length was a tad longer. Clocking in at 8 hours is fine, but really need some more to do to increase the replay value.
  32. Nov 8, 2010
    Though the series hasn't come up with any striking new ideas, Ghost of Sparta nails the fundamentals to bring us a God of War game that is very much just as epic as prior games. It's also a very considerable step up from Chains of Olympus as far as visuals and presentation are concerned. There's no doubt that I think if you consider yourself a PSP fan in anyway at all you should own thisThough the series hasn't come up with any striking new ideas, Ghost of Sparta nails the fundamentals to bring us a God of War game that is very much just as epic as prior games. It's also a very considerable step up from Chains of Olympus as far as visuals and presentation are concerned. There's no doubt that I think if you consider yourself a PSP fan in anyway at all you should own this without hesitation. Expand
  33. Nov 4, 2010
    Best PSP game ever made! Graphics are amazing. Story is better and more personal than GOW3. Combat is refined, polished and fun. Pacing is impeccable, it hits all the highs, lows, cool downs etc. I will make 8 hours just disappear!
  34. Nov 3, 2010
    As a fan of God Of War this is a great game. There are quite a few new weapons as well as some of the older ones in this game. The boss battles so far has been fair, and the graphics are amazing. The only downfall is that it is on the PSP and not the PS3.
  35. Nov 4, 2010

#4 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2010
#2 Most Shared PSP Game of 2010

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Jan 25, 2011
    Chains of Olympus was a pretty title, but even it stands as nothing compared to this graphical juggernaut. While there's no denying that the scenes depicted within can't compare with the exercise in colossal that was God of War III, the amazingly high fidelity of the graphics are guaranteed knock your sandals off in other ways. Don't let the seemingly diminutive size of the PSP fool you, this is one of the best games in the GOW series. [January 2011 p80]
  2. Jan 19, 2011
    Ghost of Sparta seems like the last bit of story that can be rung out of Kratos' story, so Sony Santa Monica has a lot of work ahead of themselves to figure out what is next for the series.
  3. Jan 18, 2011
    An absolute essential addition to your collection if you own a PSP, and is quite possibly the finest title to fit in your pocket to date.