7.7

1. May 30, 2012
    I have no idea how this game hasn't recieved one negative review. There's so much I could say that's wrong with this game but let me just sum up my experience with it. I have never played the console version, as I don't have a ps3, so I ended up getting this to compromise. First of all the game looks quite similar to the ps3 version and plays very fluently, not to mention the developer levels are pretty fun. The problems don't begin until we get to the level editor, which I assume is the reason people buy the game.... It's a completely broken mess. Tools don't do what they're supposed to about 80% of the time, bolts, springs, pistons, even PREMADE objects like switches slowly fall apart each time you load the level, forcing you to have to delete and reconstruct over and over. By far the biggest problem is a crash bug that occurs at random when opening a project. Not only will the game crash, but corrupt the entire save data. I had to restart the game about 3 times before giving up. About half a year later I gave it another try because they released several patches to fix the various bugs, but lo and behold the crash/corrupt bug happened only a few hours into tinkering around in create mode. I'm not making any of this up, it's the most broken game I've ever played in my life and shouldn't have been released in this condition. I only gave it a 2 because at least the developer levels were playable. I really wish the best for the vita version coming out later this year, and hope it turns out better than this failure. Expand

Its core concept of an ever expanding universe filled with bite-sized platforming chunks dovetails perfectly with the pick-up-and-play nature of handheld gaming to the extent you start to wonder if it was actually always meant to be played this way. Obviously if you loved the original then this fresh slice of near identical pie should delight you once again, if however, you loved the ingredients but were left a little nonplussed by the whole thing last time then this second helping could convert you.
  2. SCEE Cambridge has done Media Molecule proud and fans of the original game won't be disappointed. PSP owners who missed out first time around should be sure to give it a go, as LittleBigPlanet is undoubtedly one of the standout titles for Sony's handheld.
    It plays like and looks as nice as the PS3 version. Over thirty brand new, highly inspired levels await. Making your own levels and downloading others are child's play, which will make this game sit in your PSP for a very long time to come. It's unfortunate that there's no co-op, one of the nicer features of the PS3-version. That's why it's not getting 90%, but nevertheless, it comes amazingly recommended.