Madden NFL 06 PSP

7.9

1. LorenzoCabrera
    Jan 12, 2006
    I had really enjoyed playing Madden and you have no idea how many boring commutes it has saved me from. The only time I put Madden down was to play GTA, but now that I finised GTA, back to Madden. As I started the season...I failed to remembered why I never got around to finishing a season. NOW I REMEMBER!!! For the third time in two days and no apparent reason the game made my PSPI had really enjoyed playing Madden and you have no idea how many boring commutes it has saved me from. The only time I put Madden down was to play GTA, but now that I finised GTA, back to Madden. As I started the season...I failed to remembered why I never got around to finishing a season. NOW I REMEMBER!!! For the third time in two days and no apparent reason the game made my PSP reboot and on down to wire game, AGGHHH. I am giving away the game....ok, I cant, but I will never play franchise mode again.
    + Gameplay
    + Graphics
    + Portable (a given)

- Loading Time
    - Lag
    - Freezes
  2. KevinG.
    Jan 9, 2006
    This game is the best football game that i have ever played, espescially for a handheld.. Great graphics and real live action. But i gave it a 9 only for the lag and the long loads... but i can see why it takes so long (the graphics are frikin awesome) so overall i think its a great game and a must have if you own a psp.
  3. mikeg
    Jan 3, 2006
    It should be noted that there is a bug in the second game of the season/franchise that totally shuts the psp down, requiring you to save before the end of the 2nd season game. I couldnt get through the playoffs either without game shutting down. Other than that it's a typical madden game, 3 or 4 plays is all you really need. Read the defense and then audible.
  4. DonP.
    Dec 25, 2005
    A great portable football game with frustrating loading and game freezes. Save your game after each game if not each quarter, you never know when the balsted game is going to freeze erasing your progress. There is nothing for frustrating than having to repaly aouple of games in your season because they are lost. If it wasn't a true Madden Game thescoring would be lower.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Nice game.
  6. Mark
    Sep 23, 2005
    You cant expect much better from a handheld football game....excellent gameplay, a little lag on the menu loading. All around a fun game....
  7. Marco
    Sep 23, 2005
    This is a very good game it just has a few things that i didnt like but the loading didnt bother me as much as it did other people it has that console feel to it and it is really fun but... i just wish they had the hitstick and some of the other content found in the console versions but i know only so much can be put in that 1.8 GB Disk,.... but in the long run if you really lke football This is a very good game it just has a few things that i didnt like but the loading didnt bother me as much as it did other people it has that console feel to it and it is really fun but... i just wish they had the hitstick and some of the other content found in the console versions but i know only so much can be put in that 1.8 GB Disk,.... but in the long run if you really lke football games get this it is worth it.! Expand
  8. KyleC.
    Sep 22, 2005
    Just as good as all the other maddens, but the loading times do get irritable. Still a very good game.
  9. Bill
    Sep 21, 2005
    Good, but can I really not audible to flip my play at the line of scrimmage? Or audible to the original play after changing? Those are pretty huge omissions.
  10. RyanM.
    Sep 19, 2005
    It is a must get.

#39 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005

1. If you're the patient type and can stand sitting through a fair amount of menu loading, you'll find Madden 06 on the PSP to be the best game of handheld football available on the market.
    It has the look, sound and feel of the console versions, and for that I'm grateful. Everything from the online play to the depth here makes this a great addition to PSP libraries everywhere. I just wish things could've been tuned better so that loading was faster.
    And all that loading is double-whammy. Not only does it increase the length of each game, it puts a heavy drain on the battery. You probably won't make it all the way over the hills and through the woods to grandmother's house playing Madden PSP on one charge, much less if you turn on the Wi-Fi adapter.