6.4

1. EthanH.
    Dec 10, 2005
    This King Kong game for PSP is the best game on PSP it beats GTA!!! My favourite games on PSP are King Kong The Sims 2 Pursuit Force SW BF 2 Untold Legends coded arms Burnout and Wipeout Pure!
  2. Sam
    Feb 9, 2006
    The sacrifices it made really ruin the game. Remeber the fantastic level where you battle the bat (Both as Kong and as Jack)? That's gone. Remeber you allies that you had to watch over and could lend you a weapon? They're gone to. Remember the challenge you faced when you battled 2-3 V-Rexes? That's gone as well. Don't get me wrong, it's still a ferociously fun The sacrifices it made really ruin the game. Remeber the fantastic level where you battle the bat (Both as Kong and as Jack)? That's gone. Remeber you allies that you had to watch over and could lend you a weapon? They're gone to. Remember the challenge you faced when you battled 2-3 V-Rexes? That's gone as well. Don't get me wrong, it's still a ferociously fun game, but it gets rid of more than half of the levels, and if it weren't for the sacrifices it made and the unneded switch of Kong controls, it would've been as great as its console brother. Now some of the sacrifices are excusable for the PSP. Rather than see about 4 brontos at a time, you see one at a time, which is fine due to the PSP's abilities, it's just to bad that the others aren't as excusable. The 2nd biggest flaw is the levels order. I mean, come on! One moment, you're shooting off small raptors, and another, you're playing as Kong battling a V-Rex which was about 6 levels later in the game. The graphics are pretty nice, but the glitches are terrible. You actually see white graphical lines. However, a really nice addition is the Multiplayer. You don't see your ali, but for co-op, when you kill an enemy, you kill it for your pal. When you open a door, you open it for your pal. Expand
  3. JohnL.
    Mar 11, 2006
    I thought this game was pretty good. The best parts were the graphics and the sound. The graphics were amazing with good textures (where most PSP games fail). The models were highly detailed. The sound is great too, the voice acting was great. The Sound FX are good. The one huge problem is the game length. The longer levels are around 10 minutes, while some are about 3 min. The level I I thought this game was pretty good. The best parts were the graphics and the sound. The graphics were amazing with good textures (where most PSP games fail). The models were highly detailed. The sound is great too, the voice acting was great. The Sound FX are good. The one huge problem is the game length. The longer levels are around 10 minutes, while some are about 3 min. The level I was looking forward to the most, the T-rex level, was only 2 minutes. It was the best level in the game, but shortest too. The game only takes a little more than 3 hours, but that is time well spent. Another bad part was how you are alone as Jack. The game is really messed up because of that. Some really great moments are when fighting the larger raptors, because it takes strategy. This is a great game. Expand
  4. SpencerT.
    Dec 27, 2005
    The game is good but the levels are kind of confusing what is the point? What is the destination through the islands horrible bowels? I don't really get the purpose of the game and what you are supposed to be working towards.

#41 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#20 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

1. But while the PSP version adds a two-player Co-op mode, it also has wonkier controls than its console cousin, which weren't great to begin with.
    The control is decent enough for some fun dino hunting, the kind of deep jungle danger that we haven't had much of since the original Turok (and haven't had any of on PSP), but the handling of the story is messy and confusing.
  3. It is most definitely King Kong in the palm of your hand, but the sacrifices and compromises made to get it there ultimately suck away much of its appeal.