6.7

1. Dec 2, 2010
    I have fun with this game and it is first racing arcade on PSP i like! PSP version bring every aspect of a ps3 version in your pocket! Destructions are great and graphics are enough!
  2. Dec 8, 2010
    All the main reviews for this seem to complain about the controls, and the fact that it just feels unimpressive on the small screen. I disagree. I don't own a full blown console so can't compare it to the PS3 version, but for a full on arcade racer on the PSP, it plays brilliantly. I think the controls are very good (better when played from the bumper cam mode as opposed to the outside cameras) and the excitement you feel at times when buildings are collapsing around you, and jumbo jets are crashing towards you. It really is brilliant. Plenty of variety in the tracks, lots of unlockables and loads of play time make this one of the best racers on the handheld. Highly recommended. Expand
  3. Apr 12, 2012
    Such a low score. Not fair. Deserves better. In my opinion it is a 10, no doubt. Graphicaly the game impresses. Loooong draw distances, fantastic explosions, 8 rivals and solid 30fps.

1. Mar 8, 2011
    Interesing but offering nothing new at all, the handheld version of Split / Second: Velocity is basically a port of the PS3-X360-PC versions of the license. Visually amazing, its delivers the fast-paced racing that conquered the audience a few months ago.
  2. It's an endearingly anarchic twist on arcade racing. [Jan 2011, p.119]
  3. Jan 31, 2011
    Stripped of the mass destruction, Split/Second: Velocity is just a mediocre arcade racer. [Feb 2011, p.100]