8.5

Jul 23, 2006
    do i have to explain?
  2. ApopB.
    Aug 3, 2006
    Perfectly ported but it's almost unplayable using the standard PSP d-pad, even holding a diagonal to duck and block isn't possible to do reliably, shameful - Street fighter alpha 3 didn't have this issue.
  3. BrianC.
    Jul 20, 2006
    Nothing can beat this. Tekkens always been the best fighting game for me.
  4. ShamusM.
    May 9, 2007
    Great game, the best I've ever play this game is a smash HIT instantly and amazing graphics and game controls.
  5. EddieD.
    Mar 9, 2008
    The tekken series is the best fighting series ever. I especially liked tekken tag tournament. Anyhow this game is really fun and all of them critics who think its bad are wrong, I cant wait to see the next tekken game and hope fully there will be less critics .
  6. DragOn
    May 9, 2008
    I cannot believe this is a portable game. Every programming company should take notes on how to package a complete game like TEKKEN into the PSP. looks and plays just like any other TEKKEN game before it (which is a compliment).
  7. TomB.
    Jul 10, 2006
    I bought this game thinking it would be like tekken 5 for the ps2. But instead all i got was crap!
  8. E.Mizzle
    Jul 10, 2006
    The gameplay is phenomenal. I have the game on a Japanese PSP and let me tell you the graphic quality and attention to detail is exquisite. Kuddos to the Namco team for bringing this title to the PSP!
  9. BMW
    Jul 24, 2006
    What a great game this truly is, and on a psp. The extras will keep you busy for quite some time, the graphics look beutiful, and the sound is actually worth listening to. This is the game thats gonna put the psp back in buisness. If your a tekken fan you must get this game, if you've ever liked a fighting game, get this game.
  10. LeoT.
    Jul 27, 2006
    The best fighting game on PSP so far. Every aspect is great. Tons of exciting extras. A must buy for the funs.
  11. RaulC.
    Aug 2, 2006
    Just Play It! Nothing can touch this in hte portable arena, and it sure beats a lot of console fighters with ease. Gameplay, lasting appeal, kick ass attitude, new characters, 60 fps per second with simply the best graphics in a portable console to date. This isi the kind of software we expected for the PSP since the begining, with the kind of graphics and complete package that no DS game Just Play It! Nothing can touch this in hte portable arena, and it sure beats a lot of console fighters with ease. Gameplay, lasting appeal, kick ass attitude, new characters, 60 fps per second with simply the best graphics in a portable console to date. This isi the kind of software we expected for the PSP since the begining, with the kind of graphics and complete package that no DS game will ever get close to, period. Give the people this kind of marvel a year before and the PSP would be the sales leader.. BUT keep this kind of game flowing and we'll se a quick change in the PSP numbers for sure. Expand
  12. Mike
    Aug 7, 2006
    Awesome game loaded with extras but with a major flaw. Like someone posted early, the PSP controls are very unreliable most of the time. Some button presses are simply not recognized if you dont press the buttons hard. Other times, combos are only recognized if you press the buttons as fast as if you were playing old skool track and field. Half the time its fun, half the time you'd Awesome game loaded with extras but with a major flaw. Like someone posted early, the PSP controls are very unreliable most of the time. Some button presses are simply not recognized if you dont press the buttons hard. Other times, combos are only recognized if you press the buttons as fast as if you were playing old skool track and field. Half the time its fun, half the time you'd want to throw the PSP to the wall. The d-pad is no better. Its still a playable game, just don't expect it to play as smooth as some other fighters. Expand
  13. weiqianglim
    Sep 1, 2006
    i was dying to play this game.. yet when i bought it..it told me to update my version to 2.6.. i was like okay..for this game i will! But i've waited for 20minutes and yet it hasnt loaded..( it got stuck when i press X on storymode..) now my screen is all blank!!!
  14. MikeG.
    Sep 3, 2006
    excellent game, would have liked a tekken force mode, people need to stop crying about the d-pad, and learn the speed needed to pull off large combos, there is no problem with the d-pad in my view, some of us have been playing tekken long before there were analog sticks.
  15. Assimov
    May 18, 2007
    This is really a must have. Game Sharing let you play with any other PSP player altougth he didn't own the game not limited to any fighter so you can play hours. (That's the best GameSharing game in the PSP). Great combats. Superb graphics and animations. Fighters personalization are great for solo play. Can't give it less than 10 points.
  16. OmarK.
    Jan 25, 2008
    Tekken DR is probably the greatest Tekken game ever and also the best fighting game, it boasts the greatest amount of characters in the canonical tekken series. Even when you feel you have played too much, you want to play that 1"last" round.
  17. NadeemZ.
    Mar 6, 2008
    Excellent! I love this game.
  18. DionD.
    Dec 20, 2006
    Nice made, the game looks and works great, the D-pad can gice some problems, but you only have to get use to it. It's a great ang beautiful game, lots of fun in it, and enough figters here, to start your very own streets fight in your room.
  19. AnthonyB.
    Jul 26, 2006
    Brilliant. Probably the best fighting game ever made! Get this now!
  20. SpookyO.
    Jul 31, 2006
    Hands down, the best portable fighter ever released(...and I am far from a fan of the franchise, prefer DOA and Soul Calibur on the consoles). If they can do this now, just wait a few more years...PSP is starting to look somewhat like a handheld PS2. I'm starting to really like my PSP again (up until recently it was mostly used as an MP3 player, but boy oh boy are things starting to Hands down, the best portable fighter ever released(...and I am far from a fan of the franchise, prefer DOA and Soul Calibur on the consoles). If they can do this now, just wait a few more years...PSP is starting to look somewhat like a handheld PS2. I'm starting to really like my PSP again (up until recently it was mostly used as an MP3 player, but boy oh boy are things starting to look up again gamewise. Expand
  21. JasonL.
    Aug 14, 2006
    Yet again, it's the hardware, not the game that ruins a PSP game. No matter how good this fighting game is, the terrible D-pad ruins it. Executing moves can be a frustrating experience.
  22. BradM.
    Aug 3, 2006
    Why the heck does 1up rate so low?? They praise it then say its near perfect then give it an 8?? Anyway I love this game.
  23. JohnnyZ.
    Sep 4, 2006
    Awesome game good graphics best fighting game thus far.
  24. BrandonK.
    Mar 18, 2007
    This game is awful, it is too easy, there aren't enough things to do and every character feels the same. Terrible D-Pad.
  25. AndrewN.
    Jun 13, 2007
    Quite simply its the ultimate Tekken experience. The graphics are outstanding for the console while the gameplay is spot on and just as playable as the console version. While the series is a bit long in the tooth now, it still remains one of the best beat em ups around. This is arguably the best game in the series since Tekken 3.
  26. NickB.
    Sep 10, 2007
    I just wanted to add my mini-review to all the other accolades. This game is easily the smoothest and nicest looking PSP game I have owned, and highly addictive....there's something about a good fighting game on this portable that I find much more attractive than in the bigger consoles, and Tekken is utterly perfect. It's only failing is that it lacks an interesting story mode I just wanted to add my mini-review to all the other accolades. This game is easily the smoothest and nicest looking PSP game I have owned, and highly addictive....there's something about a good fighting game on this portable that I find much more attractive than in the bigger consoles, and Tekken is utterly perfect. It's only failing is that it lacks an interesting story mode ala the questing system in Mortal Kombat, but otherwise it's huge number of unlockables, character mods, and consistenyl good gameplay and graphics have made this a permanent edition to my PSP entourage. Expand
  27. ZainM.
    Jul 31, 2006
    Awards For This Game:Top 5 On Best Graphics Top 3 On Best Game On PSP Best Animation On PSP Best Fighting Game On PSP The MOST Content On PSP The ONLY Game That Can Get Agressive On PSP Must I Say More?!?!?! (The Awards Were All Given By Me)
  28. DesmondH.
    Nov 21, 2007
    The D-pad has some problems, but it's still one of the best games for the PSP.
  29. ZackC.
    Mar 29, 2007
    Despite being exactly like Tekken 5 for PS2 in every way, shape, and form, despite 2 new characters, it is, along with the GTA's, the greatest game for the PSP.
  30. KC
    Nov 13, 2008
    i've never been a fan, or even casual player of this genre, but the graphics here is outstanding even for a psp, and the gameplay is very smooth and well designed. my only complain is that some characters, especially the main ones, are perceivably stronger, but that's understandable and i'm not going gripe over it.
  31. AlexM.
    Nov 17, 2006
    Quite simply the perfect handheld fighter and one of the most stylish, most polished and generally awesome fighting games on any platform. The lack of wireless online almost made me give it a 9 but I don't consider this a flaw with the game itself. The moves and graphics are incredible. To master your favourite 4 or 5 characters would take a very long time, while Tekken Dojo mode Quite simply the perfect handheld fighter and one of the most stylish, most polished and generally awesome fighting games on any platform. The lack of wireless online almost made me give it a 9 but I don't consider this a flaw with the game itself. The moves and graphics are incredible. To master your favourite 4 or 5 characters would take a very long time, while Tekken Dojo mode reaches near impossibe levels once you become a Fujin. This also adds a lot of depth. Outstanding. Expand
  32. Feb 25, 2012
    Great Tekken gameplay with a large roster and plenty of extra modes online and offline (I'm a big Tekken Bowling fan). Tekken looks surprisingly good on PSP. In fact, no area has been sacrificed in the sizing-down of the game. This is the kind of game that works well on a portable device, with quick and satisfying action on hand whenever you need it.
  33. Feb 28, 2013
    The port itself is very good, having the tekken dojo as an extra content to tekken 5. The graphic and the sound also is convincing. The problem lies in the digi pad that gives you hard times, when you play a serious match where quick combinations and reflexes are needed. But expect this everything else is good.
  34. Aug 31, 2011
    Tekken: DR is awesome game packed with most of the fighters from other titles in series, huge amount of moves and combos and big number of unique special attacks for every character. Because of that this game is ritch with content like new game modes and two all new and powerfull characters. Tekken: DR is great port from big console on smaller. This game is worth your money.
  35. Jan 31, 2013
    Super Dumb Game..It seemed like the Story had been just added to make this boring Mortal kombat style Fighting Exciting. Graphics, apart from the Cut-scenes are Crap too. I just don't get it..Why is this Game so Over-rated ??
  36. May 18, 2015

1. A game that is so polished in pretty much all areas is pretty hard to come by, especially on a portable machine. Namco has definitely gone above and beyond the call of duty to bring the best Tekken experience to their fans on a portable medium. [JPN Import]
    New modes, new characters (the slow-but-powerful Dragunov and the speedier mash-friendly Lili), incredible graphics, and plenty of other add-ons not only make Tekken a fantastic fighting experience, but one hell of a great PSP game as well.
    Tekken: Dark Resurrection is proof that the PSP is powerful enough to handle a super-speedy, high-resolution 3D fighter without breaking a sweat.