5.9

1. Apr 6, 2011
    This game is a disaster. The gameplay is horrible (you basically hold L+R to auto-aim and shoot and not much more), the characters are nothing more than grotesque caricatures, the writing is worse than in any random fanfic you'd stumble upon on the Internet, the plot is horrendous and nonsensical, and what's worse, it completely butchers everything that fans of Parasite Eve have grown to love. Motomu Toriyama is known to be a horrible scenario writer, and this -- well, this is his worst work by far. Square Enix should really take notice and keep him away from their future games. Expand
  2. Apr 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really, really wanted to like this game. But the game is very bad. The Story is not interesting. Geypley primitive. Nothing about this game is good, I returned it. Expand
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Just plain did NOT like this game. They ripped the storyline on Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve 2 a new **** and pretty much retconned everything Parasite Eve fans know. The gameplay itself was just awful. I don't think I know ONE person who didn't get massive finger pain and cramps from holding down both L and R at the same time. The ending was also a mess, in that it barely made any sense. Square Enix needs to stop bringing back old titles, and stop trying to be "so deep", if this is what they intend to do. A huge disappointment. The only saving grace was the music. Expand
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    The gameplay is horrible.... So bad... The story and graphics are great... but they are totally destroyed by this crap level design and gameplay.
    Please save your money and dont buy this game, it will just get you closer to a suicide or to a mental hospital due to a frustrating gameplay.
  5. Jan 2, 2012
    This could have been a really good game but it's plagued by alot of terrible ideas and just things that didn't need to be included into the game at all. I used to be a fan of the original Parasite Eve games, the games this was based off of, back when they were on the PS1. This game however was very disappointing and the fact that they basically turned what was a decent Action/RPG into an overly sexually charged disappointment. The biggest problem for me was the main character. I do not remember Aya Brea, the main character, being such a coward. They turned her into what amounts to a sniveling whiner who can't hold a conversation with any of the other characters without muttering to herself or sighing in defeat. The fact that she, for some reason, loses her clothes as she gets damaged also has no reason to be in the game, only to show a scantily clad girl running around killing things. The gameplay is alright, except your fulling reliant on the never ending stream of guys to possess. So basically you can't die, except in the level where you have a limited number of guys to possess and it becomes very difficult to beat. However the story will have people scratching their heads pretty much the entire way through, especially at the end when you realize something about the half-naked girl you've been following around that'll make you cringe. Again, this game could have been good, but it seems like all it tries to accomplish is trying to get enough sexually charged things past the censors. I was highly disappointed with this game and I won't be so quick to play another title in this series in the future if this is going to be the standard going forward. Expand
  6. Jan 28, 2012
    What can be said? Gameplay is enjoyable, if repetitive and needlessly hard to deal with at times. However, the real butchery starts with the story and characters. This game has nearly no relation to the series it belongs to; characters from previous games show up, along with one or two references (literally), but the premise of the plot is completely different to its roots. The story focusing on time travel and Aya possessing people is based on the supernatural rather than the scientific, and fits into the series like a triangular peg in a square hole.
    Indeed, while the characters do return, they are not completely saved either. Aya turns from the tough, confident woman we all know to, in comparison, a gibbering mess. While theplot tries to give reason to this, it is no excuse and does not fit the character at all. Whilst playing, I had to wonder whether the person writing the script had even heard of the past two games.
    However, as I focus on the bad, there is some good, like little gems shining out of a sewage dump. The graphics are excellent, with crisp textures and good animation. The gameplay is fun-ish, and can make for a good play if needed, with variety and brilliant cutscene integration. And it is oddly satisfying as well, and ventilating a Twisted feels good, especially with the bigger guns. Though, cold hard fact is inescapable. For fans of the series, this game is total butchery. If you have never heard of Parasite Eve before, or you haven't layed the past two games, by all means, buy this game and enjoy it. But if you have... avoid it. You won't regret not playing it.
  7. Jan 30, 2013
    This is one Game with bucketloads of **** are nice. Story is Cliche but the Gameplay is more like a Mental Torture..Even with all Customisation & Hp, I almost had to put in 2 hours to take down the 2nd level Boss which has an almost Infinite Hp which never Ends..Its so Frustrating...Avoid this Over-rated Game or you may lose your Sanity playing this one.

1. Mar 22, 2012
    The 3rd Birthday is still one of my favorite PSP titles, and playing it again on the Vita just re-enforced my love of the series. Once PSOne titles start working on the Vita I can finally have my Aya Brea trilogy in one place to play at my leisure, and while this new game is a radical departure as far as gameplay is concerned, it still fits right in with the theme of the series as a whole.
  2. Jun 27, 2011
    Expect 15-20 hours of gameplay just to get through the game and that's not including any replays for secrets, alternate paths, or checking out any of the secrets or unlocks. The 3rd Birthday rivals a lot of console action-RPG's these days, and while it probably would have played better and received a wider audience on the PS3, I have to commend Square Enix for publishing a fantastic sequel and an exceptional gameplay experience on the PSP that any fan of the genre or the series should definitely check out.
  3. May 23, 2011
    The combat seems deceptively simple, but it becomes pretty hectic and involved as you progress through the missions. The Overdive ability is pretty unique, and jumping from soldier to soldier to flank an enemy works really well. The controls are easy to use on the PSP, and like most Square Enix titles on PSP, the game looks amazing. It's definitely worth checking out for PSP owners who are hungry for new games on their handheld. I absolutely suggest checking it out, even if you have no prior experience with the Parasite Eve series. The gameplay is what really sells this game, though, so don't come into this title expecting to be wowed by the future exploits of Aya Brea.