The Sims 2 PSP

6.9

1. DomdomP.
    Jul 14, 2006
    Yes, as you have all heard the loading is terrible. Also i think it is a bit sad that you cant just free play your sims and build your own houses like in the pc version. I think MAXIS should have at least fixed the loading problem before releasing it.
  2. MarkT.
    Dec 25, 2005
    Yes, the loading is a pain. But I still enjoy playing this for the odd few minutes here or there, because it's funny, and funny is too rare in games.
  3. PoopdeckP.
    Mar 21, 2009
    This game was entertaining, but only took me about 30minutes-1hour 30minutes- to complete. Yes, the loading was very unacceptable. And I am very dissappointed because it got boring easily, I really wish their was some kind of cheat to unlock free play, because now that I have finished it, finding all the secrets just seems pointless and a time waister.
  4. JanH.
    Dec 15, 2005
    This could have been an easy 8 or 9. But as you've heard a million times by now, loading times make it virtually unplayable. Don't think that you wil be the one person to find the loading times acceptable =( If there's one positive, it's that this purchase (and subsequent ebay sale) has pushed me to buy the pc version. Oowee.
  5. LaraB.
    Dec 28, 2005
    This game could have been AMAZING for all SIMS fans, but the loading time is unacceptable. They NEVER should have released the game without fixing that issue. There is just no excuse for that kind of game flaw.
  6. May 12, 2015
    Let me start off by saying the loading sucks! Walking out of your house? Load for 2 minutes.... going to another house? Load for 2 minutes. Second, You can't change your house layout!!!! I do like the game overall because it feels like a Sims game, but only by a long shot....

#21 Most Discussed PSP Game of 2005
#2 Most Shared PSP Game of 2005

It's fair to say that Sims 2 for the PSP would've been among the best of the console ports, but a couple of glaring issues drag it down. In particular, the load times are a nightmare.
    The addition of perks and secrets, not to mention mini-games and the sanity meter, help keeps things fresh. The coolest change blends a focused, genuinely funny story with the open-ended gameplay that fans have come to love.
  3. The worst and most obvious problem with the game is the constant loading. Performing just about any action--going indoors or outdoors, playing a minigame, beginning a conversation with someone, ending a conversation with someone--causes the game to load for a good second or two.