7.1

1. Dec 24, 2012
    This game totally rocks. The graphics maybe the same as the 360 and ps3, but with this versions what you see is what you get. On the Wii U, the map and horse calling is on the gamepad. But only on the Wii U can you play the game on the gamepad and not just the t.v.
    Some people may say you can do this on the 360 or ps3, remember the Wii U just came out and its up to the developer how they handle the games.

This is a must buy on the Wii U
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    8.5 actually. This is the best assassin's creed to date, period. I have played all of them and this one tops the rest. This does NOT mean that it's perfect, and there are things other AC games did better. As for pros, This game's story is amazing, i love the characters and the plot. The citys are vast and filled with things to do, no other AC cities compare. As for new additions, they are8.5 actually. This is the best assassin's creed to date, period. I have played all of them and this one tops the rest. This does NOT mean that it's perfect, and there are things other AC games did better. As for pros, This game's story is amazing, i love the characters and the plot. The citys are vast and filled with things to do, no other AC cities compare. As for new additions, they are actually a welcome surprise: naval missions are suprisingly fun and rewarding, and the new moves and weapons add some spice. And yet this is not a perfect game. What this game does not contain is great mission design. The missions are frequently built on frustration than logic, and some side missions are annoying. plus, a glitch here and there, that's minor. Overall, This AC is the best AC because it succeeds in making you feel the experience better than any other AC game before. You won't regret playing it, trust me. Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    AC3 it's just a copy of xbox 360/ps3 game..nothing all..Great game in all home console.. This is an excellent game also on wii u..maybe a little darkness than xbox360 o ps3 version but always a good action game
  4. Dec 23, 2012
    Browsing the reviews here comes to show the amount of hate the Wii U is getting (by the usual fanboys). Firstly, let me just clear this up. This game looks the exact same compared to the PS3 version and the 360 version - some parts even look better. It runs slightly smoother and the texture detail seems improved. The Wii U gamepad functionality is more of a mixed bag. Unfortunately there'sBrowsing the reviews here comes to show the amount of hate the Wii U is getting (by the usual fanboys). Firstly, let me just clear this up. This game looks the exact same compared to the PS3 version and the 360 version - some parts even look better. It runs slightly smoother and the texture detail seems improved. The Wii U gamepad functionality is more of a mixed bag. Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do with the gamepad - it only acts as a larger minimap. However, it has its uses. The gamepad really shines because you can play the entirety of the game on the gamepad, rather than on the TV, which is very handy. Expand
  5. Dec 26, 2012
    Just finished the story and it is truly an amazing game! The gameplay is identical to the 360/PS3 versions as is the story. Multiplayer is also pretty fun. The gamepad wasn't really integrated well into the game, but the ability to play it solely on the gamepad could be helpful if there are others wanting to use the TV. This game is a must have for the Wii U.
  6. Nov 20, 2012
    Stop judging the "Wii U version", because this is a normal version, like the 360/PS3/PC versions are. Assassin's Creed III is a great game, from the beginning to the end. Great multiplayer and everything else. Just a few problems, like the inconsistent story. For this version, there are many new features in the Wii U Gamepad. Even if you don't like the use of the new controller, you canStop judging the "Wii U version", because this is a normal version, like the 360/PS3/PC versions are. Assassin's Creed III is a great game, from the beginning to the end. Great multiplayer and everything else. Just a few problems, like the inconsistent story. For this version, there are many new features in the Wii U Gamepad. Even if you don't like the use of the new controller, you can use the Pro Controller to play classically. Expand
  7. Dec 26, 2012
    This is as close as a flawless game as it gets, set in one of the biggest game worlds ever, with great graphics, addicting gameplay, fun-filled multiplayer, and just so many different things to do. Its great on the PS3 and 360, but if you have a Wii U I suggest you pick the game up on there, as the large minimap on the gamepad is very useful, and playing it just on the gamepad is extremelyThis is as close as a flawless game as it gets, set in one of the biggest game worlds ever, with great graphics, addicting gameplay, fun-filled multiplayer, and just so many different things to do. Its great on the PS3 and 360, but if you have a Wii U I suggest you pick the game up on there, as the large minimap on the gamepad is very useful, and playing it just on the gamepad is extremely satisfying. This is a must-have as it is one of the best video games ever made. Expand
  8. Apr 4, 2013
    Assassin's Creed 3 is one of those game I recommend to play on the U even if it's just a port. The game is really good. The environments are lush and somewhat alive, character models are detailed and the combat system is great. This is an open-world game which means that there are tons to do and collect. I recommend it but be sure to play its past installments first if you're going for theAssassin's Creed 3 is one of those game I recommend to play on the U even if it's just a port. The game is really good. The environments are lush and somewhat alive, character models are detailed and the combat system is great. This is an open-world game which means that there are tons to do and collect. I recommend it but be sure to play its past installments first if you're going for the story. Great game Ubisoft. Expand
  9. Jul 3, 2013
    I was never a fan of Assasins Creed but this one hooked me up. The other Assasins Creed Games are very repetive but this game is fun though the whole story which is very good COmpared to the XBOX360 and PS3 Version i would recommend buying this one on WiiU. The controler is very helpful Minimap Inventory and switching weapons made easy and not a pain
  10. Oct 17, 2013
    Ac 3 is fantastic for bringing us great gameplay and story The wii u version in particular is my favorite version of the game The story is amazing ,the graphics are breathtaking and this is just a well made game Buy it now
  11. Nov 11, 2013
    Fantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks thatFantastic game. Great voice acting, story, gameplay mechanics, immersion, graphics. Everything is top notch. People giving this a negative review/score have no idea what they are talking about. Somebody thought it was cool to start a "AC3 hate bandwagon" and a lot of people decided to jump on. Most of the negatives scores actually have completely wrong information and/or nitpicks that don't hamper the game. People also seem to hate the new protagonist called Connor, for some inexplicable reason. They are obviously stuck in the past with love for Ezio (protagonist from the last THREE games, may I add) that they cant fathom a new hero having a different personality and morals, values, passions. They simply don't understand him. Some people have also been complaining about glitches, even though I only encountered a couple small ones (I.e. floating weapon) throughout the whole game (keep in mind no game is perfect and these are miniscule). All in all, the game left me wanting more of Connor even after I completed the game (which took me 20 hours or so including side missions and collectibles). Expand
  12. Apr 18, 2015
    Please note that this is going to be an unbiased review of Assassin's Creed III as I have not played any other of the titles in the series. With that out of the way, here's the scoop:

Assassin's Creed III's gameplay could be divided into two sections: stealth and combat. You'll often find yourself sneaking around enemy camps and forts our simply not wanting any soldiers to see you and then taking them out silently with one of the game's many weapon options. Long-range projectile weapons and close-range melee weapons are both available. I found myself using the projectiles often and only used melee if I had to...which brings me to the combat. The combat is a bit confusing to learn but once you get the hang of it, it's fluid and simple. There are a lot of different enemy types so you'll never find yourself fighting an easy rookie soldier.

Exploring the huge open world is a big part of the game. You can go from Boston to New York to the vast frontier to the homestead the main character stays at. While the two cities look nearly identical to each other, the frontier offers free running and hunting opportunities. It always gives me a sense of satisfaction during "free running" whenever I make the leap to another tree. In my opinion, free running is a great addition to the game. Hunting was much easier to learn than I had expected it to be. It's not something I'll do everytime I boot up the game but it's nice that it's there. In the homestead, you can complete missions in order to expand the property and open more shops. These missions help the colonial American world of ACIII feel more lively and lifelike. It's a really nice touch.

New to the series are the naval missions which take place in the sea. You control your ship, the Aquila, through treacherous storms or calm seas while battling Templar foes. Like most other things in the game, it's a bit tricky at first but I found myself really enjoying blasting other ships (and in some rare cases, forts) to pieces with the ship. The ship is a bit tough to control and it can be a bit confusing to learn how all of the sails work and such, but I still really liked the naval gameplay and battles.

The game has an intricate story with very relatable and well developed characters. The game offers possibly the best story I've seen in some time. I like how the game makes you think if you're on the right side or not. Unlike most, I don't think the game gets off to a slow start and I rather enjoyed the introduction. The GamePad is put to great use here as both a large map (which is very useful) and something you can use to keep track of your health, weapons, and notoriety as well as call a horse at any time with your horse whistle.

There are, however, a few things I didn't like about the game. Everytime you start up the game (as well as when you're fast traveling to other areas), you have to sit through an incredibly long loading time. It can get really annoying when you want to get back to the gameplay. Also, the game does lag a bit at times and while it's normally not distracting, I did find the lag sometimes messing up my jumps. Lastly, during the story mode, the game will randomly cut to Desmond Miles' storyline (a modern-day Assassin). I found these sections to be a bit of a drag and while I do know that he is pivotal to the overarching plot, I wish it didn't just randomly cut into the engaging story of the main mode.

Overall, Assassin's Creed III is very enjoyable and fun despite having a few minor issues like loading times and (sometimes) unresponsive controls. The story's engaging, the combat's fluid, the naval missions are fun, and everything in the game is basically a blast.
  13. Dec 24, 2012

This is a must buy on the Wii U

1. Jan 15, 2013
    Almost identical to the Xbox and PS3 versions, but limited GamePad features are disappointing. [Feb 2013, p.75]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Assassin's Creed III sure as hell provides one of the best gaming experiences so far on Nintendo's new console. Despite some technical issues the recall value and the hunt for Templars once again round out a great game.
  3. A massive, lovingly crafted game that's stuffed with things to do, but the limited GamePad functionality and linear mission design are disappointing.