8.0

1. Jun 1, 2014
    Bit.Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien definitely is a good game, much better than its predecessor. The goal of the game is simple: Reach the end of the track, and avoid any obstacle. What differentiates this game with most of today's platformers is that your character is always moving at a constant speed. This, paired with its way of integrating music into gameplayBit.Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien definitely is a good game, much better than its predecessor. The goal of the game is simple: Reach the end of the track, and avoid any obstacle. What differentiates this game with most of today's platformers is that your character is always moving at a constant speed. This, paired with its way of integrating music into gameplay give this game a distinct feeling to it.

So where does this game fall? There aren't really anything this game does that is bad, and if I was following the same rating-scale that many others do, I would probably end up giving the game an 8, or maybe even a 9. My biggest concern with the game though is that, while it gives you a variety of different challenges, when mastering one, mastering the next will be fairly easy. Another concern I have is that there's little variety in the visuals of the game. The game has some really good looking backgrounds, but I won't really be able to pay much attention to those when playing. I'm more likely to be paying attention to the platforms and obstacles, and I often find myself running on the same old tree platforms.

All in all though, I absolutely love Bit.Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, a game that was well worth its purchase. If you're a person who like platform games, this is definitely a game you should try out. While the game can be hectic, its music will cool you right back down.
  2. May 24, 2013
    One of the best, most addictive games I have ever played. Has an old school feel to it, especially the retro levels.
    I haven't played a game with that "Just one more try" appeal for a long time. I bought it from eShop for only £7 and change and it's the best purchase I've made in recent years.
    Simple gameplay with enough variation and style to keep you running. This could easily have been a budget release for £19.99 on the shelf at Game. You'd be crazy to miss out.

1. May 9, 2013
    One of the best eShop games since launch. [June 2013, p.78]
  2. May 6, 2013
    Surely a much more mainstream and accessible game compared to the first one; despite that, Gaijin Games managed to create another great product that everyone should at least try.
    In the end, Runner2 appears to be more than a rhythm game. This is not wrong, as it is not less certain the balance of its elements, which even make us forget the limits of our actions.