7.8

1. Jan 22, 2014
    Now, here's a game that's a whole lot of fun! Enter CastleStorm: a game which brings together a wicked combination of Angry Birds and Age of War, throws in a levelling system, a castle editor, leaderboards and online multiplayer, and calls it art. And what a masterpiece this game is! The Campaign mode is very long, with charming humour and a plethora of weapons and magic to boot! If that's not challenging enough for you, try measuring up against the rest of the world by collecting all of the Campaign stars, or doing the best you can in Survival and Hero Survival modes. Any fan of tower defense strategy games should pick up CastleStorm immediately. You will not be disappointed! Expand
  2. Mar 9, 2014
    I like this game...a lot. I'm not sure if it's something new, since I haven't really pursued the tower defense RTS genre, but it seems to be executed flawlessly. I was getting really into it from the very beginning.
  3. Dec 31, 2013
    Addictive and fun RTS/tower defence with a nice art style, dry sense of humour and light hearted atmosphere. There are a healthy amount of game modes and upgradeable units along with a simple castle editor and local or online co-op and versus multiplayer. It's a nice change of pace from hectic racers/shooters, and fits perfectly with Wii U.

It's encouraging to see that Zen Studios can
    create something quite unique along with their excellent pinball tables! Expand
  4. Jan 10, 2014
    Very fun strategy game! I'm addicted.
    The main game is fun, but the multiplayer is more fun and more addicting. It has BOTH local and online multiplayer. Local has one player watch the TV while the other watches the Gamepad screen. Works like a CHAMP. Great fun!
    Balance your time and energy between spawning troops, shooting a balista, casting spells, and controlling your hero as you
    attempt to destroy the enemy castle or capture their flag. Expand

1. Just like a catapulted boulder, this arrived suddenly out of nowhere and knocked us off our feet. Great fun. [March 2014, p.89]
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    Castlestorm displays certain qualities which are more than welcome and that shake the ground a bit in what is overwhelmingly a niche style. Nevertheless, its record would be far more interesting if its technical flaws and repetitiveness were solved.
  3. Jan 13, 2014
    If you like strategy, tower defence, or even physics-based puzzlers and action games, CastleStorm is highly recommended.