• Publisher: Nnooo
  • Release Date: Sep 4, 2014
  • Also On: PC
7.8

1. Oct 13, 2014
    Had heard nothing about the game until seeing the trailer on Nintendo's YouTube channel. Seemed interesting enough, so I bought it despite /okay/ reviews.

Frustrating and confusing honestly. The concept seems interesting enough, and the game feels like it could be fun, but it's just very clunky. Looking back and forth between the GamePad and the screen is frustrating, and the touch screen isn't nearly as comfortable or easy to use as it should be.

I'd reccomend the PC version, as I feel there will probably be more people playing it for multiplayer, and it'll be easier to control with a mouse/cursor.

1. If the offline community ever picks up, we'd expect to slap another 20% on that score. Until then, steer clear. [Christmas 2014, p.95]
  2. Oct 27, 2014
    Cubemen 2 is a game of strategy and action in real-time strong in content and with a satisfactory design. It has some flaws, especially at the level of interaction and control of the camera. The better part of the game lies in the online experience, if you manage to find other players to play with.
  3. Oct 4, 2014
    Cubemen 2 is fun, but it's short-lived. The gameplay is relatively shallow (by necessity of the genre more than anything else) and there's little to do once the single-player campaigns are finished, which doesn't take very long.