8.1

1. Mar 24, 2014
    At first I thought: Only a Lego game. But then I played the thing. It is clearly the best Lego game out there an one of the best games I ever played. Seriously: This is a new standard for open world games. The games playing area is huge and full of wonders.
  2. Jan 17, 2014
    Lego City Undercover is the best game out on wii u that i enjoy playing
    there need more improve to game tho such as a multplyer mode for the game and more better improve on features, this game is still grate and enjoyable to play
  3. Dec 7, 2013
    This game was my favorite game this year! Playing this was my highlight of the year! I loved it! I recommend you go buy it! It had great humor with puns, jokes and sarcastic comments! I purposely dragged the game on for a week because of how much i enjoyed it! I was really upset to beat it! With loads of stuff to do, you'll never be bored!
    Yeah, the loading times are big, but i don't care
    because this game is worth it!
    This is a 100% brilliant game!
  4. Nov 29, 2013
    This has really improved onto LEGO games. They used to be just about a movie or series of movies, with less stuff to do and whatnot. This game not only improves graphics, but also adds a hilarious and interesting story.
  5. Nov 17, 2013
    Another Lego game. Good, for everyone. One of the few games that I am willing to pay full price for and get it right away. Lego games are great and this one does NOT dissappoint. It delivers thoughout the game. Great satisfaction from this little gem!
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    Like an age-appropriate GTA. The game gives you a city at your disposal, and you're free to explore it for the many scattered jokes and secrets. The humor will appeal to many different people, the combat, while starting out stupidly simple, progressively becomes a challenge. There is lots of action in this game, including slow motion and car chases. If you're too young for GTA, than this game is a MUST HAVE. Expand
  7. Oct 30, 2013
    I got to admit, i was amazingly impressed by this game! This game reminds me of GTA version of a Lego game. This time your a cop going after the bad guys. It's open world, and you can buy different stuff like cars. you'll catch yourself just driving around for hours enjoying the graphics and interaction with IA's. great sound track, voice actors, and it's hilarious!

instagram: Game_Row
  8. Oct 26, 2013
    Take the role of chase McCain and explore a gta styled world made out of Lego Lego city undercover is an incredible game It's funny the graphics are beautiful and there's so much to do and explore this game is nearly flawless My only complaint is the load screen are way too long But overall but this game now
  9. Oct 19, 2013
    The first Lego sandbox game and boy is it good. Great voice acting, Great use of the game pad, Great music and tons of replay-ability. I'd say that the only thing bad about it is long loading times but other than that it's a definite must buy.
  10. Sep 16, 2013
    If you like the concept of GTA, but don't want to be a "scum-bag" character, this game offers a great alternative. Don't assume that this is a "kiddie" game. Yes, it is a clean lego theme, but the writing is best appreciated by someone who grew up watching cop shows and action movies of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. There are tons of references to popular TV shows and movies from that era and the writing is as good as any that TT games has had.

Even after you complete the main story, it is actually very entertaining to go back and get every gold brick, red brick, costume, and vehicle unlockable that you couldn't get when your character abilities were more limited earlier in the game.

Yes, the screen loading times are very long but you just need to accept it and get over it. Think of it as a commercial break (like when watching sports) that allows you to go get drink or go to the bathroom and then you are ready for more great Chase McCain action. My only real gripe is that it does not support local multiplayer. If it had that as well, I would give it a 10.
  11. Sep 12, 2013
    I wasn't excited about this game but I decided to give it a shot based on all the positive reviews I read. Game and story are amazing. It is funny and entertaining! Exploring the city is so much fun! I had to knock off 1 point for the relatively long load times between scenes. The load times aren't too bad; they have taken around a minute though and at this day and age they should be quicker. But then again, sometimes loading all the world can be a lot of data being loaded but either way I deducted a point. Great game either way. Expand
  12. Aug 25, 2013
    Lego City Undercover still got the fun but exactly a great open world lego game I've ever imagined. Still the best lego game yet! The gameplay is still good, the graphics are amazing.
  13. Aug 7, 2013
    Es un buen juego, cumple bastante las expectativas, se nota que se dedicaron ha hacer un buen juego y se nota pues por el momento es un juego obligatorio de tener para Wii U, ademas soy capaz de decir que fue el juego mas importante de la consola durante Enero y Junio. Felicidades, esos 500,000 usuarios que tienen este juego deben estarlo disfrutando...
  14. Jul 9, 2013
    Previous Lego games have failed to excite me much, for a simple reason: if I'm gonna play a Harry Potter game, for example, I want it to be Harry Potter, not Lego. Same goes for Indiana Jones, Batman, Star Wars. Yes, the Lego twist is often adorable, but the games end up feeling more like harmless diversions than memorable experiences.

Lego City Undercover changes this panorama
    drastically by focusing on an original open world with original characters. As undercover cop Chase McCain, you'll embark on a journey that might just be (and I don't say this lightly) the funniest game I've ever played. The story is a tongue-in-cheek homage to cop movies, filled with light-hearted jabs at every single cliché we've come to expect from them. The hilarious character roster is beyond adorable, easily having what it takes to develop into a whole new franchise on its own right.

The gameplay strikes a balance that is rare to see: while the main storyline is very straightforward, and should be perfect even for novice gamers, it hides a much deeper experience that will hook even the most seasoned players. That's because of the ridiculously huge number of game-changing collectibles, which include new vehicles, new disguises, and new power-ups for the gamepad's item-finding radar (which in turn helps you keep finding the remaining collectibles). Getting 100% in every borough of the city is going to be a daunting task, but an extremely fun one.

The one significant flaw in the game are the long loading times, which can sometimes ruin the sense of immersion. The good news is that, as the exploration mostly takes place in a single vast open world, those loading screens will be few and far between. It's still annoying, but the positive aspects of the game more than make up for it.

To sum it up: Lego City Undercover is an experience that is perfectly suited for all ages. It's like watching your favorite comedy animated series while partaking in a thrilling scavenging hunt, exploring a vast open-world city made of Legos. If you own a Wii U, do yourself a favor and go after this masterpiece. If you don't, let me tell you: this is the rare kind of game you should buy a new platform for.
  15. Jun 30, 2013
    Load times are brutal. They are VERY long and quite frequent.

The game seems to be mostly built around a 'story', so I was left watching a good portion of the game while these little lego people made jokes and wise cracks, we're talking puns and trip-falls. Entire cut scenes will take place where you just walk into an elevator or something will happen that will be completely
    irrelevant to the plot. You spend the whole game just following around beacons and icons, making the story completely irrelevant.

The game starts with EVERY element locked, even the ability to use your gamepad properly. You HAVE to play through the very boring and monotonous story.

The gamepad is used well, I'll give it that. You get calls, and the audio and video come out of the pad (but go to the TV if you have your gamepad turned down really good work on that one developers).

All and all this game is trivial easy and clearly written for the maturity and complexity level of children. If you have kids, this game might just be one of the better experiences out there, but we're talking very young children. Adolescents are not going this game interesting.
  16. Jun 21, 2013
    This is a really fun and it's one of the funniest you'll ever play. It's the best lego game to date with quite a few new ideas, feeling alot fresher than recent installments. The use of the Wii U game pad is fairly minimal, and lack of off TV play is a shame. The game doesn't have to load very often but when it does it takes ages which is really annoying. Also the driving is pretty rubbish, I really wish they'd have put more effort into this as it's just not fun at all. Expand
  17. May 30, 2013
    Es un juego de mundo abierto, inicias con pocas habilidades y conforme avanzas consigues más que te permiten explorar la misma ciudad pero a sitios que antes no podías, esto otorga rejugabilidad y variedad por los trajes que debes conseguir. Es un juego muy divertido, con el humor típico de Lego. Uso adecuado del Gamepad, vistoso gráficamente, un juego extremadamente recomendable si te gustan los juegos de mundo abierto, sino son tanto lo tuyo revísalo, aunque debes jugarlo un buen rato para disfrutarlo y reírte con su humor. Expand
  18. May 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was pretty well made. There are only a few things that I'd want to see improved. The load screens were quite irritating, but it may not have been able to be avoided. The jokes I hear in the game are quite funny, but they get annoying over time (some, not all). They are bothersome if they are in the police station, where you go to get new things. The collectibles in levels seem a little easy to get in this game, you just need to get a certain number of things in a level. This game isn't particularly difficult, but it does take a long time to finish. Overall, 8.5/10 Expand
  19. May 13, 2013
    bien e visto su trailer y anquee no lo e jugado ya que no tengo el juego aun pero e jugado juegos legos como batma superman y muchos mas pero saber que hay un juego con mas de 20 poderes diferentes es asombroso
  20. May 13, 2013
    A masterpiece for children, and very enjoyable for adults also, if they can adjust to a game which prioritizes the sheer joy of exploration (lots and lots of collectibles) and relatively easy challenges over frustrating the player with difficult tasks. A metascore of 80 is possibly correct if you are an older, experienced player and is buying this for yourself it is very easy, even if collecting everything will take a long time. If you, however, rate this title with children in mind, it easily deserves 90-100. My children (5 and 7) have played this nonstop for many weeks, and love it. As a parent, the simple controls, easy tasks and low violence means that they can play it unsupervised and enjoy it. I would reccomend every parent with a Wii U to buy this. Expand
  21. May 8, 2013
    Es un gran juego. Mucha diversión, mucha exploración, y un sin fin de horas de diversión. Un gran juego que al estilo GTA, que a primeras impresiones, puede ser malo, pero que una vez que juegas, te engancha.
  22. May 5, 2013
    A wonderful game that will delight both young and old. Surprisingly good animations, colorful graphics and with a charming story full of humor. Highly recommended!
  23. Apr 28, 2013
    My expectations for this game was somewhat high, but I was thinking that the humor would be for children. Now that I have the game I admit a lot of parts are funny but some arent. is in my opinion much better than the past Lego games. It is a pity that Lego City Undercover is only one player, and that is the main reason I give this review a 9 and not a 10. The graphics are great, and its all very fun to play. There are some downsides as to when you park a car and leave it, when you return its mysteriously gone. Also there is no boat call in point. Again, great game, with a good soundtrack. Expand
  24. Apr 19, 2013
    Just what the Wii U needed, a new system exclusive game to catch the eye of potential buyers. Lego City: Undercover is not your typical Lego game. It features sandbox gameplay, and because it's not tied to any property it features it's own unique and very funny story, characters and setting. It's an absolute blast to play and with all the collectibles hidden around the city it will keep you busy for hours on end. I can't give the writing enough praise. It really does have a great story filled to the brim with hilarious moments and parodies, and the characters are excellent and extremely likable. The gameplay mixes it up between open city exploration missions, and the more contained levels that we've seen in past Lego games. They truly did an outstanding job with this game, as always both adults and kids can have a blast playing this game, and I would love to see more entries in the Lego City series. However I do have some minor disappointments with this game. It's the first Lego game not two have two player co-op, which has been a big praise of mine in all Lego games, and the annoyingly long load times. But these issues don't detract from what is one of the Wii U's best games. If you own a Wii U this is a must play, heck it's a must play even if you don't own a Wii U! It's just that good. Expand
  25. Apr 14, 2013
    This game is likely the first 'must have' WiiU game. It has all the best parts of a typically Lego title, but expands upon them all witty characters and dialogue, much better graphics, and an open world as opposed to set piece missions. The game leverages the tablet controller well it has an overworld map, and dispatch talks to you through the controller whereas the screen is the lego world... this is a pretty awesome effect when having a car chase, for example.

Game reminds me of a good lego title, with parts of Grand Theft Auto and the old PC series Police Quest. Great game.
  26. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is really amazing. It's got so much content and never gets boring. The story line is awesome, it's got great humor. You gotta buy this if you own a Wii U, its definitely the best game out there at the moment.
  27. Apr 7, 2013
    This game should be released at the same time as the release of the Wii U. Best Wii U game out now !!!
    If you own a Wii U then you should definitely get this game. If you don't have a Wii U, buy a Wii U for this game
  28. Apr 4, 2013
    Hands-down the best LEGO game ever. It's a "sandbox" game at its finest. There's a lot to do in LEGO City, tons of collectibles to get and some cool Nintendo related easter eggs to discover. The story is well written. Characters are funny with each having their own personalities. One of the most Impressive voice acting I heard in a game. The Wii U Gamepad is used very well, adding unique experience that can be acquired only by playing the U. Go buy this wonderful game. It's worth your money and time. Kudos to the team behind this game. We want more! Expand
  29. Apr 1, 2013
    I bought this game for my 5 year old kid. And wow, what does he like this game. But the game is not for kids only. I like it as much as he does. The game has it all. Good gameplay, nice atmosphere, free roaming city and funny cutscenes. There is just so many things to do. The gameplay is quit easy but still challenging enough to not to get bored. For example, if you are following the main story line and decide to do something else for a while, you can explore the city and look for hidden roads that lead you ontop of rooftops and all kind of hidden passages. There you will find secrets that unlock for example new characters and other great stuff. You can visit stores and buy all kinds of things from your collected money etc. etc. etc. A lot to do!!

Its by far the best lego game out there. This game is a perfect fit for the Wii U. It uses the Wii U gamepad on a nice and funny way too. The whole game feels very polished and is therefore worth the money.

If you like you can follow the main story line, but there is so much to do becides the standard story line. Lots of secrets and bonuses to explore with even sometimes funny references to the mario francise.

If you are looking for a game with a nice atmosphere, great gameplay, funny cutscenes and a game that can be played by all ages. Than this game is an instant buy for the Wii U system. There is no better lego city game available.

I give this a ten out of ten because its such a nice and polished game. I also give it a ten out of ten because i think its the best game for the Wii U system at this moment. Maybe there are better games if you compare it with all the games out there (for all machines), but for a game that can be played by all ages its just the best out there.
  30. Mar 31, 2013
    I thought seeing as I was 20 years old that I'd find this game boring and childish. I was pleasantly mistaken. Whilst this game was clearly made for the younger players I found a lot of enjoyment out of the story, humor and sandbox gameplay. I have only a couple of problems, the game is far to easy, you can complete the story without dying once with ease, the other are the vehicles, every one of them feels the same, I also found flying very limited but fun to do nonetheless. Overall this game is INSANEly fun to play and is packed full of content. I've just finished the story and I've clocked in about 17 hours. Great game and a reason to own a Wii U! Expand
  31. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is by far the best Lego game yet. Ive played some of the other games in the franchise and they were really entertaining but Lego City Undercover beats them all. Lego City is pretty much a family friendly version of GTA but honestly I like Lego City way better. This is definitely the best game available for Wii U right now. If you own a Wii U then you should definitely get this game.
  32. Mar 25, 2013
    Great game, took a while for my 5yr old son to get the controls right but he seems ok with it now....
    I like the game but i feel there is something missing, i just cant put my finger on it.
    But all in all its great for the lil ones and a must for lego fans
  33. Mar 24, 2013
    This game is just awesome.The humor is razor sharp,the graphics are pretty,the gameplay is just like any other lego game (which is a good thing because the gameplay for the lego games works).However this game is cursed with long and frequent loading times
  34. Mar 24, 2013
    Leggo city undercover is a very good game with few flaws.The story is easily the highlight of the game great parodies and goofy humorous.The controls are are good and not too complicated.My 8 yr old daughter has no problems driving and interacting with objects in the game.I thought it would be too easy for adults but it is refreshing to play a game that doest overload you with missions like some sandbox games.This is easily my favorite game on wii u so far and uses the gamepad well and doesn't feel like a added gimmick.The only reason it didn't get a 10 is load times and sometimes during cut scenes you cant hear the characters talk.Other than that it is an excellent game and a reason to buy a wii u.Also if you buy from eshop you must buy external hard drive and download takes 8-12 hours. Expand
  35. Mar 22, 2013
    This game is amazing! My 8 year old son loves it and the very few times he has let me play, I have loved it as well! This is his new favorite game. He has a very short attention span, but has had no problem keeping his attention on this game for hours at a time!
  36. Mar 22, 2013
    This is an amazing game. Played with my Wife and 4 year old boy last night for hours. The use of the Wii U tablet is great. Best Lego game ever and the boy has them all.
  37. Mar 21, 2013
    Definety One of THE WiiU games that's really need to be tried..!
    It's a really good surprise, I never expected this game to be this good!

It's fun to play and the story is really funny!
  38. Mar 18, 2013
    This is simply a new beginning for open-world games. Its not only the most innovative wii u game so far, its also the best lego game ever. What we have here is an instant classic. It features a memorably funny story with impressive voice acting. The graphics are great considering that this lego game is an open-world experience. The wii u gamepad truly feels like a tool that enhances the experience. If this game actually does end up on the 360 and ps3, it probably won't have the unique features of the gamepad. The point is....GO BUY IT! Collapse
  39. Mar 18, 2013
    This Game is Awesome, finally a Lego "SandBox'' maybe it doesnt have the graphics of GTA or a Serious Story, but its Pretty Fun, it have one of the funniest scrips ever and it is totally worth your Money, and because its a lego Game it have a LOT OF COLLECTIBLES, a wii u most have.
  40. Mar 18, 2013

1. Jun 13, 2013
    LEGO City Undercover is a solid exclusive title for Nintendo’s machine; especially with the severe lack of software currently on the market. If you own a Wii U and can tolerate the shortcomings of the LEGO series it is easy to recommend. Those who have grown tired of the massive collect-a-thons though might find themselves rolling their eyes again at the tedium that ensues.
  2. May 27, 2013
    LEGO City is a great game - but I do wonder just how many limitations the hardware had on the final product. Perhaps it has nothing to do with the Wii U, but for Traveller's Tales to omit multiplayer altogether? That seems an unlikely choice, considering their previous work.
  3. May 13, 2013
    Lego City: Undercover brings legos to GTA style open world. I just miss co-op from the previous lego games and my kids didn't understand long loading times. They thought game dowloaded something from the net. [May 2013]