6.7

1. Sep 11, 2014
    I know that when it comes to Mutant Mudds, it often tends to be quite the divisive little platformer. Many (retro-fans in particular) absolutely adore the game, while others can be a little less enthusiastic.

Me? Well, having played it to death on my old 3DS (which I've since part-exchanged for my Wii U) and even the buttonless iOS/mobile version, I'm certainly with the former. Yep, I
    love Renegade Kid's über pretty plane-changing scroller... which I guess begs the question:

—— WILL MUTANT MUDDS DELUXE EVER COME TO THE EUROPEAN eSHOP??? ——

I've raised this very matter on several forums in recent months, and even posed the question directly to Jools Watsham over at Renegade, but have I ever had an answer? Nope! Nothing, nada, zip, zilch. Not even a cursory 'we're not quite sure yet!'

Come on Jools, all I want is a difinitive YES (at some stage) or NO (definitely not). Either way, is that asking too much?

For our North American cousins who ARE lucky enough to have access to this great game though — whether it be Wii U, 3DS, Vita or even mobile — I wholeheartedly recommend you jump right in and enjoy. For Mutant Mudds Deluxe really is straight out of the top 2D drawer :-)

2. Aug 7, 2014
    It's a perfect game for bus rides or job/study breaks. The graphics are not typically 8-bit style, so it looks more like an app than a vintage game (ie. Shovel Knight). There is no storyline much so you don't have to get so into it to appreciate it. It gets very hard at some point it can be frustrating to restart the whole level but it's not nearly as bad as the old 8-bit games... The levels are relatively short so it's never such a long way to get back to where you were, plus, there is a checkpoint at mid-way. I finished all the 60 water sprites with about 14 hours of gameplay, and I still have to complete 19 granny levels that seem pretty crazy... so it's worth the 5-7$ on the e-shop! Expand
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    this game is every penny of the 10 dollar price. the game-play feels like an inspiration from dozens of classic games. if you enjoy classic nes games or platformers in general you will get hours of entertainment out of this nice little download game
  4. Jan 16, 2014
    I liked this game enough to finish everything in it. The level of difficulty felt good with the option of increasing it if I wanted to. For the price, I would say that it was worth it. However, I don't think I would ever replay it.
  5. Aug 16, 2013
    I will say it this game is incredibly hard but because of the challenge every time I complete a level I feel a huge amount of accomplishment because of how many times I died. From a technical stand point though the graphics do seem to still be trying to take advantage of the 3D (on Wii U) and the enemies take a lot of hits to kill which I find to only be tedious and not to bring much of a challenge. Expand
  6. Jan 16, 2014

1. Jul 11, 2013
    If not for the confusing fake 3D effect, Mutant Mudds Deluxe would be the definitive version of Renegade Kid’s 2D platformer, with the same tight gameplay, charming graphics, and chirpy soundtrack bolstered by more levels than ever before.
  2. Jun 17, 2013
    All in all, Mutant Mudds is a charming, challenging, fun, well-crafted game, and we recommend it.
  3. Jun 14, 2013
    Mutant Mudds Deluxe doesn't feel quite at home on larger screens, but it's still a very enjoyable game. Its crisp visuals and great soundtrack are as nice as ever, but it feels like a handheld experience at heart. The lack of 3D and layered scenery also means that it's sometimes difficult to tell what platforms and hazards are actually on your plane, which can lead to some unexpected deaths.